Home Forums Creative Corner Tr plan

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Sthax

I’d like to add that running a zerging sorc takes a bit of getting used too. I died on numerous occassions and had to be rezzed by Stu. after a while you get the rhythm and get into the groove.

here are soem video’s : running RL -> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/411414904
    and some explenation on the Zergin’Sorc -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maG2N1ss49o

If you cant find the sorc groove, you might want to go Warlock Con with the aura & blasts and emp and max spell and some shield mastery. just GO t5 in ES and pick up cone from SE.

for a more dpssy version: CHA focus max and emp spell / necro focus / wiz past life / any thing else you fancy. and take T5 SE and topp things off with TS.

Both ran in cone blast, throw down web and tenticles and blast away. Not as fast a zerging sorc, but allot more mellow.

Healliona

Once again thanks!

The aim is to tr as fast as possible and to come back with you at 30.
    It is really nice to run with you at 30 and it allows me to know you better in the game, i’m thinking of changing 1 or 2 things as a healer with you.

TBH I noticed myself that I din’t know how to behave as a healer in reaper with you because I wasn’t used to run with you (I admit that it is a part of my fault and try to ask now if some 1 want to do reaper).

A question, I assume that during summer hollidays the guild maybe less active if so I will be a good time to tr.

Sébastien.

Sthax

Hmmm Dont think the summer is less active actually and i would not wait till then to get some TR’s in. Ofc first there is Sharn to explore. but after that i would just get some pots and knock some TR’s out. You are also welcome in raids as a different class 😛 and let someone else heal. With pots and all xp boosts you can easily run a life to 30 in a week to be ready again for raids on the weekends, esspecially iconics.

“TBH I noticed myself that I din’t know how to behave as a healer in reaper with you because I wasn’t used to run with you (I admit that it is a part of my fault and try to ask now if some 1 want to do reaper).”

Who me? do I or we play that differently then others?

Ps: With the warlock build you can also get the sprint from falconary adn use consume for you speed boost. (if you go fey you can also get wind dance-esk ability for your zerging pleasure)

Healliona

“Who me? do I or we play that differently then others?”
    Yes each party are different in my side and class present in the party change the way you have to heal.

Here is an exemple: Yesterday I would have better to take Renewal instead of + 2 in evocation for the following reasons maybe some (remenber that this is a personnal feeling, feel fre to discuss this may help me a lot):

1. We had a shuricen build which is rare at level 30 and i usually have trouble with non melee: This build implies lot of mobility and my aura was a bit useless if I had Renewal I saved lot of time to cast any heals on melee.

2. Leg tend to rush in the pack to take agro, you tend to stay a bit behind, it means that mass heals are less efficient, but a way to heal a tank is to use cocoon, the trouble was that I was on timer so the time I cast a single heal you some of you had lost some HP if I had casted Renewal I was able to heal faster.

As a conlusion:
    => I had to learned: who tend to get agro, who is moving fast who is subject to lose most of HP.
    => I had to take Renewal for those reasons and I also made some mistakes that I usualy do:
    1. I often go near mobs and it cost me HPs / life.
    2. Sometimes I forget who I have to heal 1st when things goes wrong.
    3. I try to heal the CC when I have to heal melee, and vice versa.

I can give you other exemple not relative to our party but this is the way I heal.
    Ofc all comment are welcome and helpfull.
    You have no interest in criticizing unnecessarily, so for me all your comments are welcome.

“you are also welcome in raids as a different class 😛 and let someone else heal.”
    Ofc, but I have trouble with other classes, they are more triky to play and to gear ,o).

Sébastien.

/* add */
    An other mistake: Was not to take into account sacred ground from leg..

Sthax

That is a very accommodating perspective Sebas 🙂

I understand that you have to adapt to a party, but imho there are a few ground rules to healing.

– The Tanky aggro taking person has prio over everyone else and gets first heal and should stay up. (coccoon, renew, reactive heal) if tank dies structure goes and all hell breaks loose.
    – CC casters and range should keep out of harms way and kite if take aggro towards tank so that he can take aggro back or CC mob.
    – melee should stay out of cleave and cone range (back of the mob) and run out towards healer aura if hp goes down to much. Melee also should help control run-about mobs to CC, take out or aggro and bring back to tank. This way the tank and all agrro’d mobs dont have to run everywhere.
    – if players like to run all over the place (or even out of heal range) they should expect less or no healing. If they need healing they should stay behind healer till they get that heal, or stay in aura or consecration or be self sufficient.

Thats about it i think. If the party keeps to these starting rules thing become very easy and simple in my experience. It would also make consecration very usefull next to healing aura, as it gives 2 HoT-spots (rofl), 1 for melee and 1 for ranged and you only have to throw some cocoons and renews most of the time to keep everyone filled up.

In this case I was the shuri build and that ran all over the place. The movement is because of IPS to get that perfect line of attack, which makes it a twitchy and high energy playstyle. If i find myself to low on HP i check where you are and move to you to stand in your aura(if i dont have aggro that is, otherwise i start kiting in a wider circle to not get clipped by other mobs or jump to a save spot). this makes me very hard to kill and i’m usually the last one standing on my shuri build.

Ryan

Seb, I don’t remember if I have ran with you so I will ask if you use voice?

From my own experience as a raid healer back in the day, being able to talk is is going to help you a lot.

Being able to give instantaneous updates on how you’re going to heal, whom you’re massing on, who’s out of range or even telling everyone just to group up and stop scattering is going to be a great help to you.

If you’re already on voice then disregard this, if not then it’s something to think about.

Healliona

Good morning all.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sthax: I remember some rules from the past, I’ve learned some after I came back, and added some with your tips.

Ryan: I’m delinquent here I sometimes put ears on but didn’t installed discord at the moment…
    But even with a good sound I have lot of trouble to understand all, it’s not a pure excuse not to have installed it, I’m perfectly aware of that…

Tried to use renewal yesterday was better.

I’ll try to go on Unyielding Sentinel this evening to see how things goes.

Sébastien.

Ryan

In game voice is really bad.

Switch to Discord and you will be pleasently surprised.

As the healer don’t be afraid to boss people about.
    It’s often a stressful, thankless role that no-one wants to do themselves so they can either follow your instructions or heal themselves.

Legend

Agree with Ryan, it is too hard to heal 3 different people in 3 locations, best method is to designate who you will centre heals on, probably best to have on main aggro person or durable toon, the other melees will group on this person to clear adds.
    When most adds are cleared the remainder are obviously lot more manageable.
    In quests like the one with those flying disks you need to manage the mobs by pulling to location, if melees head in they and you will just be all over the place.
    You will have the best view of the fights, as Ryan says in the harder quests tell peeps if making harder.
    Melees should really always go for any held mobs they see in group as that’s where present and future cc is most likely to happen.

Healliona

“Switch to Discord and you will be pleasently surprised.”
    Will do that this evening (did you used it yesterday?).

“As the healer don’t be afraid to boss people about.” most of time people know how to behave I can give you lot of good exemple when I write something it is really taht things goes wrong.
    Yesterday it was hard at least for me because I didn’t knew when mobs will come, I usually use glacial W to add some CC but it didn’t worked in sharm (seems they have high fort VS low will and most of my spells are based on fort).
    Thats why i’ll try to go to sentinel this evening this will give me more survability.

“best method is to designate who you will centre heals on” most of time player follow a leader, but yes when I had to design a “tank” things went much simpler.

Again never hesitate to critisis if you think it can help.
    you suck at it. => is not acceptable
    but
    you suck at it because… => Is helpfull.

I’m used to make mistakes, just ask my wife if you don’t think so ;o).

About the flying quest: How can I say that I and flying is like me and ladders or jumps: A disaster.

Sébastien.

Sthax

heheh, your doing fine Sebas! and remember you can’t heal stupid…

Healliona

Re hello all, here are some details on my build.

Goals of the build:
    Primary:
    Healer (this includes PM) with the best ratio heal per SP.
    Secondary (at low, medium reaper):
    Adding some cc with sound burst and Burst of Glacial Wrath.

Feat:
    Empower heal (always on)
    Quicken (always on)
    Enlarge (depends on the quest / raid)
    Heighten
    Spell focus evocation x 3
    Complexionist
    Past life wiz
    Cleric feats:
    Magic Domain + SP + Evocation DC
    Sovereign Host for the remove all after a death (useful at H reaper once the death pact trig)
    Burst of Glacial Wrath (nice evocation CC)
    Arcane Insight (+ 6 to implosion every 3 min, means 1/3 of implosions have + 6 to DC, not sure that it works with frog)
    Guardian Angel (not really useful but not really something nice to chose at level)
    Mass Frog
    Elusive Target
    Scion of the Plane of Air + evocation DC

Enhancements
    Radiant Servant (44 points)
    Max healing (Intense Healing + Incredible Healing to max + Cure Focus + Positive Energy Aura).
    Turn Undead with Endless Turning at 1 point => With 34 turn it is a ton of free heals.
    Efficient Empower Healing => max

Divine Disciple (24 points)
    Efficient Quicken => max
    Wisd + 2
    Spell DC: Evocation.

Warpriest (12 points)
    Wall of Steel (max)
    +1 wisd.

Human (5 points)
    + 20 % heal amp
    + 1 wisd.

——
    Epic destiny : exalted angel.
    Twist:
    Cocoon (always)
    Evocation
    Precise evocation or renewal (depends on group dif or if there is a tank as CC)
    either const or wisd
    Empyrean Magic (always)
    ——
    Static Gears:
    Shield: Dethek_Runestone (more heals + 50 sp per min)
    Barovian scepter with Eye of the Beholder (4 pieces) + Nystul’s Mystical Defense (4 pieces)
    Legendary Flamecleansed Fury set
    Ring 1: + 22 wids ring with Soulweaver Filigree Set (3 pieces)
    Gauntlets:Legendary Gauntlets of Innate Arcanum for more cha
    Boots: Legendary Softsole Slippers for more cha + Ghostly
    Head: Legendary Drow Sage’s Cowl with reaper ability.
    ——
    Gears set(depends on what I have to do in a party):
    Set 1 (low, medium reaper + easy raid):
    Googles: Legendary Collective insight with either cons
    Ring 2: The Legendary Shattered Onyx with insght wisd
    Trinket : Epic Litany of the Dead
    Belt: Legendary Black Satin Waist with wisd.
    Neck:Legendary Rose Quartz Sigil Stone.
    => 930 devotion and 65 % crit.
    => Can have 120 in evocation DC with yug and rem pots and will be 122 in 3 RXP).

Set 2 (High reaper, raid or party) :
    Legendary Collective insigh wids or const + insight const
    Ring 2: Clouded Dreams
    Trinket : Legendary Symbol of the Slave Lords
    Belt: Legendary Black Satin Waist with wisd.
    Neck: Legendary Conduit of the Soul.
    => 1230 devotion and 75 % crit.

For some raid / quest I may use other items / twist.

Depends on gear set, but I usually I have 200 PRR 110 MRR.
    ——
    What can be a plus after 65 RXP (means max DC and nearly full HP):
    3 more devine for + 9 PRR.
    6 more heroic past lives to get + 4 wisd and 10% sacred HP from aasimar.
    ——
    About this build:
    Cons: It depends on the party, soloing is a pain even in EE ,o).
    Exemple:
    – EE shroud 2 cleric many deaths and 1 or 2 sp pots.
    – R1 shroud 1 cleric 3 K sp at end 1 death.

Pros: It works as intended and it is a pleasure to follow you.
    Increasing spell DC at the cost of healing in not an option ;o).

All feedback are welcome.

Sébastien.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us