Home Forums Creative Corner Tr plan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Healliona

Hello all.
    Hoppe you are fine.

I know that guild raids are important for you and I understand why since I really appreciate those (bha in fact this is not raids that I appreciate it is you), but I would like to take some racial lives (human + Asimar) before the new expension in order to be more efficient as a cleric in the end game.

I think I won’t be avialiable for about 6 or 7 weeks or maybe less if the new expansion is released sooner.

1. Is it ok or should I HCAP a toon before?

2. To avoid this in the future, as soon as Heal will be hard capped again, is it possible enroll an alt in the guild and to hard capped it for those famous guild runs?

About this alt: It is a 36 points build and he need about 3 weeks to be Hcapped.

Ofc if I post on the forum it is because I need your advice and whatever you decide, I will respect it.

Have a good day.
    Sébastien.

Legend

Hi

If you hard cap another toon it means that you don’t miss out on raids if you enjoy them, but is obviously completely up to you.

You can enrol as many alts as you like in guild, is also up to you.

Do what is the most convenient for you.

Is only a few weeks.

Healliona

Thank you.

I just wish to be able to run new quest with heal with those past lives.

Or maybe have you any idea on the date of the next update?
    I know that I need a bit more than 1 week to get a life (either normal or epic) so I can easelly plan it.

Concerning an other toon, only 1 is enough in fact.

Sébastien.

Sthax

Not sure when Sharn will be released. We will prolly know more in the next week orso, as preorders are sceduled for this month. I suspect it will take a month or 2, maybe more, to get released. Which means you should be able to get the past lives in.

You could always just get started and stop once the expansion goes live.

On guild rules and obligations: I dont think any explicit rules are being enforced in the guild, esspecailly on raiding etc. Just do what you wanna do and have fun playing the game, your not obligated to do anything.

That said if you like to run raids you could always roll an iconic build and come join raids, might wanna build defensive to compensate the lack of past lives. There are plenty of builds that work well without pastlives.

Healliona

For raids the idea is to build a healbot (not a cleric) and using it as long as heal is not avaliable.

And for the rules, no, I didn’t read that or I wouldn’t have stayed.
    If I created this topic it is really to get your opinion.

Sébastien.

Dragavon

Then I will decide that you do what you want 🙂

Ofc, if you want to raid you have to make sure you have a character available for raids, and you have done a great job in the raids you have joined. So you are very welcome to join us in raids.

But we do not demand anything from our members when it comes to participating in raids. If you want to reincarnate your main character and focus on that then you do that. If you have a second character that you can use for raiding while doing reincarnations on your main character then we will appreciate that very much. But we will never make any demands on you. We understand that DDO is a game, and people play games to have fun, not to be told what to do.

The only rule we have is to be nice to others, and you are as nice as anyone, so top marks on that 🙂

Lisa

I started concentrating on TRing maybe 6 months ago so I haven’t really raided since. I doubt anyone is bothered about me not raiding, though good healers are definitely more noticable in raids 🙂

I do recommend always having a toon at cap, since not everyone can stay sane on the hamster wheel 100% of the time, take me as an example *twitches* 😀

I definitely miss the social aspect of raiding and was considering joining some again, though not this week cos I’m out for my birthday Chinese banquet *Homer drool*

Healliona

Good mornong all.

Hope you’re fine.

1t of all Happy birthday Lisa.

Now, I think I will Hcapp Heal (she should be at LV29 on saturday) and I will enroll this other toon.
    I think I will alternate between those 2 toons and TR heal once the 2nd will be H capped (unless the new expansion has been released in the meantime).

I noticed that Heal’s current build is extremely dependent on other players to evolve because it sacrificed the DPS and not having instakill makes things a little more complicated to level up and even once H capped you have to find the group that needs this type of build.
    So it will allow me to play without waiting for the corresponding LFM.
    Just one thing doesn’t mean that I don’t enjoy playing this build, it’s just an observation.

An other thing I really don’t if you are interrested but I can make you a feeback on the 2 builds pure druid build I’ve played (1 melee and 1 CC healer).

Have a nice day.
    Sébastien.

Healliona

Back ,o).

I took advantage of the fact that I am not present on the next 2 Saturday evenings for TR heal (I guess you didn’t miss this point).

The main reason is as follows: The build druid CC / healer is really very interesting and very nice to play but I made a mistake thinking that at high level of repairing it was possible to heal and CC for me and the observation is that it is too complicated for my old brain and a bit counter productive.

There is another reason, it can make you smile but it is quite important to me: A druid cannot heal PMs and once every two times they are the ones who ensure the CC, if the die CC too.

If you have any comments, do not hesitate, I will consider them constructive and therefore I will appreciate them.

Sébastien.

Ryan

I wouldnt stress over not being able to heal (Harm) PMs.

Most PMs quest knowing that they arent going to get any support and play accordingly.

Also any decent DC caster is going to be…
    A) very situationally aware and keep themselves out of trouble
    B) will layer their CC
    C) has plenty of single target Instas and CC to deal with any mob that breaks CC
    D) will be built to take a hit in low to mid Reaper and will take steps to kill/ CC the aggressor
    E) a single hit in high Reaper is usually a death sentence that no healing can cure

Of course they also have the option to run out of form – sure they lose a few DCs, but they can play pure CC bot just fine as Will saves are much lower than Fort saves.
    I did a bit of (totally non scientific) testing on the wolves in Fresh Baked Dreams at R3 to dertimine the DC gap and found that no fail enchant was 80 and no fail Fort was 105. I have absolutely no stats to back this up, it was just from casual observation, but it highlights the fact that a decent caster can easily sacrifice some DC.
    I never bothered doing the comparison at high Reaper, so this assumes that DC inflation for both Will and Fort inflate at the same rate going into high Reaper.

Healliona

Thanks for this feedback.

When I left (before reaper) I always took Harm even on FVS and some times that helped.
    Swapping BB for Harm wont be a big deal since BB is useless after LV20.

For the DC people says 110 at high reaper diff, but I’m pretty sure it is a bit more.

Sébastien.

Ryan

Im pretty sure its higher than 110 as well.

I think I could reach either 110 or 112 Necro on my DC Lock (not 100% sure as its been a while since I ran at cap) and that definately wasnt enough for no fail on everything.

Edit added…i think its more likely that my DC was 110

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us