Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Too hot to handle

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Healliona

Popo thanks I have this item (the famous celestial beacon) and totaly forgot it !.

I have another jewel with 5 slots I think, will put this item with filigree during the raid.
    This means I will lose DC and HP but I will be able to have the Final Burial Filigree Set (just hope I have all required filigree):
    When 2 pieces are equipped: +3 Turn Undead Charges
    When 3 pieces are equipped: +3 Turn Undead Max Dice
    When 4 pieces are equipped: +3 Turn Undead Hit Dice

=> If I stay on Exalted Angel I will have no trouble on frog + Undead to death. => If I go to Unyielding Sentinel those spell may be useless.
    Note: Turn Undead is not affected by Unyielding Sentinel.
    Maybe Unyielding Sentinel + Turn Undead is a good compromise since healing + frog + Undead to death + Turn undead may be a bit lot for me.

Sébastien.

Kesthell

I used Disco and Grease at the elevators, worked both well on the Trash. Those I saw in the south moved in a way that makes the disco placing to get both a bit difficult. The ones on ground level went directly to the lava pit, the ones on the middle level moved a bit to center before jumping on ground floor and then going to the pit.

Anyone noticed how the ones from the upper (riddle) level move toward the pit?

Healliona

Yes disco worked well, didn’t saw for grease.

“Anyone noticed how the ones from the upper (riddle) level move toward the pit?” Sry no.

A question, I have tried to remember what made us wipe or at least what was able to deal us most of damage.
    Was it the skulls?

Another question about those skulls: I can remember to have seen a lot during our raid and less in the 2 videos.
    Is it me and my legendary memory?

Sébastien.

Sthax

Yeh not sure where the skulls in the videos went.. We primairily wiped on mob overrun i think. so coordination on elevators and wraith and skulls clean up.

Healliona

Hello all.
    Hope you are fine.

An other video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFOfBk3qIGg&feature=youtu.be

I ran the raid with other people and different configurations, maybe Isi can also add any comment but what I can tell you an what people said (maybe nothing new):

1. A tank is necessary (ok you already knew this) for the boss but near end for the trash.
    2. I seems that DPS are really important maybe 1 CC caster is enough I don’t know.
    3. Skulls must be killed asap.

Maybe you have other feedback?

Sébastien.

/*
    Extracted from forum:

The raid is very tough which is a good change, but I agree the damage is ramped up a bit too much AND red named trash shouldn’t be popping immediately on normal. Maybe that 2nd part is some lag or broken mechanic. It’s like RSO when it first came out. People have to stack up fire absorb with 2 or 3 items to make it worthwhile. I’ve completed it 3 times now so I’m not an expert but some of the mechanics seem timed so speed is key (ie puzzles).

As others have said, trash is priority.

You need to have:

2 healers one or both being turning undead makes it MUCH easier
    2+ instakillers for runners and skulls.
    1+ rogue for traps part 3
    2 tanks. one for boss, one for red named trash.
    rest dps with some ranged to help with trash, skulls, etc.

Even knowing how we completed it, I don’t see all of my characters worthy to be included in a raid. It’s a bring your A game character and therefore not too pug friendly.

Reach out to me if you would like to discuss and/or need a 12th.

*/

Sthax

i’m playing a InQ build atm, and was thinking they could be standing infront of the lava just picking off all the mobs that try to run into the lava.

Healliona

Good morning.

Yes, this build seems really powerful and maybe a great at killing those mobs.

One thing I’ve seen on each video: At the end it is a DPS race: Killing the boss before being killed by the trash, I just have trouble to see when this race start, it seems just after the 3rd part but I may be wrong.

Sébastien.

Sinaefay

Re: the skulls. They can be turned to stone with flesh to stone (read on the DDO forums, but I believe it to be true).

Healliona

Here is “again” some feedback:

Plus:
    => Sacred ground
    => DPS bard + it’s buff
    => The communication.

Something that I’ve learned:
    => Spawn Screen: There are scrolls available on the market, but as said leg it is only 3 minute buff, maybe it can help and at least please ask for it when you are raised.
    If you don’t see it coming for any reason you at least can use those scrolls.

=> Skulls: They can be turned but yes the best was flesh to stone, they even can be ranged (I’m pretty sure you knew this tip but I only learned it yesterday).

=> Yes enlarge was a plus I had to take it before.

Concerning the DPS race:
    If it starts too early it is extremelly hard to take the tank alive, I have to admit that I don’t know when it have to begin…

Concerning the heal:
    1. I have changed some gear to have more > 0 spell power and crit, it seems better.
    2. I know I have made some mistakes last Saturday and leg + other pointed the late heals here are some feedback questions:
    => One of the mistake was to try to heal an another toon only 1 time when leg got agro (means that at a point despite of renewal all heals have to go to the tank maybe due to lot of dots).
    => Leg was constantly under renewal and got most of my heals when (only when here is a mistake too) I realised that he aggroed most of the map and yes I have quicken always on.
    => Despite of mistakes, at a point I had to heal myself too because I took many dmg due dot (my aura wasn’t enough).
    I only understood this morning why, it comes from the Cursed Fire Ray casted by Forgewraiths.
    This may be due to the Cleric aura that damage Undead causing an unwanted aggro, means I have to find a safe spot or to be far from leg.

The question are:
    -> Did you saw any safe point(s).
    -> Any advice, thing that may help me?

Sébastien.

Sthax

Think you’ll need to focus on Leg while others keep the rest up. Hot Leg up with coccoon/renew/reactive/divine healing and then spam normal heals. Maybe someone can drop a consecration for leg to run around in/over, or maybe a druid can add a regenerate on Leg. Dont bother about the rest as Chrof and Astir can take care of those.

Dont think there are any save spots, with the fire DoT. But keep clear of the forgewraiths if you are not gonna Frog or turn them.

We might need to get a rotation going for the mass kills of wraith. So who has frog/turn/sunburst off CD has to call out he/she/it will use next, that way multiple people don’t use it on the same mob.

found another video with some explanation on Voodu/Gingerspyce’s twitch channel -> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/434206746 (good to see a fail video too, so we dont get discouraged 😛 )

They talk about sunburst as a spell to instakill wraiths and skulls. Sunburst is a lvl 8 wiz/sorc/druid spell and also can be found in the morninglord racial tree, maybe even scrolled?

Also 6 point into vistani fpr deflect arrow, to evade the skulls that gets thrown at you.

Healliona

Hello.

Thanks for your ansewer.

Reactive heal and Divine Healing are not affected by the spell power that makes them pretty useless when I saw that leg took between 1000 and 2000 dmg each time.
    Maybe if Reactive heal haven’t any CD it would be fine, but those 3 min are really too much.

I’m thinking on Martyrdom in order to give a boost to HP at the end.

Another thing, all video I’ve watched have the same thing in common: All players, healers included are on the opposite side of the tank and stay gathered as long as they can especially during the DPS race.
    I think that maybe a clue for the end phase and I’ll test it as soon as possible.

Sébastien.

Healliona

Good morning.

Nothing to say but whaaa.

Great team work.
    Next is KT on leet?

Have a nice day.
    Sébastien.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us