Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Too hot to handle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Healliona

Good morning all.

The aim of this topic is to help us in the raid.

1. Usefull links (I think that ou already have those links but if only 1 of you don’t have it, it is enough for me).
    Raid guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/comments/bl8rfg/too_hot_to_handle_raid_guide/

A video of the raid on N:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7Wd5y8Q9U

2. Some comments, ideas, tests:
    => Tried to use absorbortion item: It didn’t worked but I have to retry to be sure.

=> Usefull spells:
    Mass frog, Undeath to Death.
    Did you test halt undead?
    About Spawn Screen not sure it worked any 1 know?

=> Turn undead build:
    I can swap some twist and change my Enhancements to be more efficient at turn undead.
    I saw that there are new filigrees that can help (just need a minor artefact).
    Can do some changes some in exalted angel too.

=> About healing during the raid:
    It was really hard when trash became to pop because I mostly be able to used single target heal spells. I don’t remember who told me that, but yes a tank + 2 cc will help to be more efficient at heals.
    Note: I went to Unyielding Sentinel I’m not sure it was a good idea but I may be wrong.

=> Casters, healers:
    Better to get some mana pots (I can give you some with a pleasure): During trials I took a look on mana of each casters healers / CC and at less than 1/2 of the raid most of us had less than 1/2 mana.

Hope this help.
    Plz add comments.

Sébastien.

Lisa

Halt Undead, and other CC, made the Forgewraiths merge.

I have literally hundreds of bound pots but ty. We do have a guild store of unbound ones if anyone needs.

A pug pointed out that Sunburst can destroy the Forgewraiths and I did test it a bit in a quest but it didn’t seem particuarly efficient to me. That being said, it’s evocation so it could just be my DC that’s not up to scratch. Either that or it’s a % chance.

Healliona

Good morning.

“Halt Undead, and other CC, made the Forgewraiths merge.” oups forgot this little detail…

“We do have a guild store of unbound ones if anyone needs.”
    Y good idea.
    Is it possible?

“A pug pointed out that Sunburst can destroy the Forgewraiths” Can include this in my build with turn undead.
    Note: Not sure it is important to reach a H DC on normal.
    I wonder if it is also effective on skulls?

As I said yesterday I hope I’ll find a pug to make some tests because I’m unable to test those solutions alone, or maybe is it possible to gather some member to make some test before Saturday?

Sébastien.

Chrof

Heard Disco balls where the workers spawn works well. As some times the are not seen and run off into the lava and then you have more forgewraiths to deal with

Healliona

“Heard Disco balls where the workers spawn works well” yes I sa workers dancing.

“As some times the are not seen and run off into the lava and then you have more forgewraiths to deal with”
    Bha this should help ;o)…

I have no precise idea on where forgewraiths span during the raid, is it always in puzzle sides or random?

Sébastien.

Sthax

forgewraith seem to have a portal ability, so they pop up on you. i think the taking to center to frog ‘m really helpt, will be even easier if you can turn them.

Omni posted video on HE run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DaAkAuTTL8

Legend

We progressed very well last run and were well coordinated, only tough bit was the last fight, best option seems for tanky type to kite mobs, norm and orange can then be death to undeath and frogged, tank to take hits from the reds., can run past boss and intim.

Also a must, during the end fight the boss will shout he is calling his cogs, 2/3 dps need to go off and kill these, they have low hp so quick kill and back on boss.

Everyone also needs energy sheath: fire active and when someone is rezzed they need spawn screen as first spell.

The puzzles and below puzzles we had a few issues at times but overcame easy enough, it really looks like a dps beatdown at end against the clock.

I should have tank flagged for next try, those who have classes that can have increased MRR should concentrate on getting, lots of options with new gear.

Sthax

Yeh if you see Omni do it, it seems easy enough. But check the hp on those builds…

4 things to control

Tank for Boss control
    DPS for Cogs – if they are killed there will be no new forge wraith which keeps everything clear. (forgeWraith from cogs seems to spawn at the boss)
    CC – for the skulls, dont hear anyone mention them in the video, they might be turned/ frogged aswell.
    Frog/Turn – Forgewraith cleanup.

To kill trash we need dps at the elevators and some in the middle that can pick up the ones that drop down form above. it seems key that the trash get killed asap that way the fight keeps clear of an overrun of forgewraiths. (maybe web/tentacles/sleet/icestorm etc will stop them too?)

The whole thing is rather mirrored, so a dual group of similar setup would be interesting.

2x Tank
    2x Healer/frog/turn
    2x CC
    2x Dps
    2x Dps
    2x Dps (pref with trapping)

1 tank at boss
    1 healer focussing on tank and frogging in front of boss
    1 tank in center for rednamed wraith and collection of wraith
    1 healer roaming/center to heal and frog adhoc
    2 dps top – clear during color puzzles. (best spot might be under the drop off point, to avoid DoT by distance from boss)

2 dps and 1 Caster for North and South. of which the 2 dps do color puzzle.

This way everyone has a zone to protect and everyone does not run everywhere.
    Wraiths can be killed on spot or brought to tank in the middle. (hopefully they can be intimidated) and they then can be turned and or frogged.

HoT like the healing wall, consecration, mass HoT, aura can be very usufull to keep everyone alive from the fire DoT.

other then that its straight forward it think. the puzzles dont even need allot of speed as long as the Wraith creation gets controlled. faster is better though because of Fire DoT

Healliona

Good morning all.

Thanks for all feedbacks + videos this will help me a lot.

About tank: Renewal is THE spell that you need to heal him: Low cost, 4 ticks and with more than 1000 in positive spell power it is at least 800 HP per tick. That means if the tank is not positioned in the center the healer can easily take the tank side too.

If I can get the wisd ring from sharm and the bracer for the healer’s set, I can go to sentinel with enough DC to frog and turn undead otherwise I’ll stay at exalted.
    This is a proposal, and ofc subject to discussion, i’ll ajust my build.

About spawn screen:
    Extracted from DDO forum (this explanation helped me a lot to understand this spell, maybe it will help some of us too):

In other words it stops the spawning of undead due to party member deaths (ie: your party is fighting 3 wraiths and someone dies. Now there are 4 wraiths to kill.)

I can pass it + reactive heal to all after the 1st shrine and shrining after, that means that people have to wait a bit since it can be a bit long (I usually buff people even at low level, but the hardest thing is not to buff, it is to run at players that don’t want to wait a bit).

Sébastien.

Add:
    /*
    About spawn screen according to wiki:
    Prevents 1 ally per caster level from rising as Undead. Certain rare, extremely powerful Undead can circumvent this protection.

I’m confused sry but does it means I only have to cast it myself?
    Thanks in avdance for your ansewer.
    */

Sthax

Hey Heal, what kind of Turn undead Hit Die do you get?
    it seems that my turn check maxes out on 51?! it rolls but it always says 51 no matter what is rolled.

turning dmg is d20+61 (can be higher if i slot in a turn +4 filly on celestial stick) might find other sources.

would love to hear what your is to compare and see if turn undead on my wolf is usefull.

Spawn screen?
    Target: Friend, Self

so everyone gets a prevention for ally’s for the caster lvl of the spell? that would mean 1 is more then enough.

but i think its an aoe buff and everyone who has it cant be raised by undead.

Healliona

Good morning all.

So if Spawn screen is an AOE can cast it on both tanks this is a good news.
    But as said leg I have to recast it when some 1 is raised.
    The question is: Is it a standard AEO (means I have to be near the player)?
    I must admit that I haven’t studied Undead mechanics a lot, so all inputs are welcome.

For turn Undead I really don’t know, here is some data:
    I have:
    => 3 cleric past lives
    => Can reach near 70 in cha (maybe a bit more).
    => I have https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Dawn%27s_Herald-Charm
    And I can take all cleric Enhancements.
    If I can loot a cha ring I can slot some filigree to get more (not sure to have enough luck to loot it B4 saturday ;o) ).

Note: The feat improve turn undead is not really sexy.

Sébastien.

Sthax

Yeh thats what i thoughed. I have 65 cha atm, if i make a turn stick out of celestial beacon which has +19 hallowed (WPM – https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Celestial_Beacon) combined with the necky or Epic Seraphim, i might be effective turning wraiths.

Epic Seraphim has same turning stats as the necky but would fit better in my current gear setup. https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Seraphim

still would love to hear you turn rolls.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us