Home Forums General Warlock Help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good warlock aura based build?

I attempted a warlock a while ago after seeing a lot of them around, but had no idea what I was doing and gave up on it!

Argante

Legend posted this up ages ago. It’s a good build. I use a variation of this build on Sarlinna, my main. I can offer some tweaks depending on your past lives and epic destinies if you let me know what you’ve got.

https://www.spellswords.com/forums/topic/defensive-warlock-build/

Sthax

yep that’s the one.

I’d also advice taking a look at a DC caster with cone blast as it is insane dps. Having a blast with it atm. Past lives an gear will help alot to making this soloable. A tanky warlock is much more forgiving. It all depends on your playstyle and what you aim to do with it.
    Something along the lines of this https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/460700-Pure-Casting-Warlock-DC-Eld-Blast-Build

The tanky warlock is very survivable and efficient.

Dave

I’ll only have 1 warlock past life to use with this one whenever I TR. All of my equipment/items are pretty much useless. I started the warlock after a long break and had no idea what I was doing (I still don’t for most things!)

Dave

I’m going to try to put something together in a planner later and will post the results to see where I go wrong with this!

Argante

One thing to consider if you’re levelling: The Auralock build doesn’t really come into its own until around level 12. I usually use a blaster build until level 12 and then respec to Auralock. A heavy Mithral Shield is a good investment – do a few WW runs until you get one.

Ryan

Im on a break from DDO at the moment but I thought I’d add my thoughts having run one or two Warlock lives.

If you solo a lot and want to solo R3’s and R4’s on your own then Auralock is the way – tonnes of HP and ok DPS. The only issue you’ll have is killing bosses – it takes forever solo – I did a solo R5 or 6 Death House and thought I was going to die of old age at the end.
    They’re also fairly useful in grouping but if you want to tank mid level Reaper you need very good gear and heaps of PLs.
    That being said, Auralocks are dull. A typical Reaper run consists of “burst, blast, timmy, tents” over and over, with the occasional power word stun and ottos irrisistable thrown in.

If you group alot and want something a bit more interesting to play then DC Locks are great. Built well and you can CC/ Insta high Reapers easily when grouping.

This is Corazons build I posted a while back

https://www.spellswords.com/forums/topic/corazons-dc-lock-build/

Its great fun to play with lots of options during quests.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us