Home Forums General Corazons DC Lock build

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Hello all.

Edit added …feats changed

Ive been asked to post Corazons DC Necro Lock build

Fey for Disco Ball and Ottos Irristible Dance

Feats in order:
    1) Maximise,
    3) Empower,
    6) Completionist,
    9) Quicken,
    12) SF Necro,
    15) PL Wiz,
    18) Spell Pen,
    21) Blast,
    24) Embolden,
    26) Blast,
    27) GSF Necro,
    28) SP Light,
    29) Arc Pulse,
    30) Great Charisma if odd in Reaper otherwise ESF Necro
    30) Scion of Shadowfell

I have no Spell Pen issues except in Reaper Wachterhouse. Its possible I could drop my Pen feat and still be ok and take GSF Necro then Epic Necro later.

You can swap out 21 for Great Charisma if needed.

43 points in Souleater
    31 points in Tainted Scholar
    6 points in Racial (for my current life as scourge)

Seven slot filigree set using
    4 piece Ottos
    3 Charismas

L30 stats in Reaper off the top of my head:

109 Charisma (112 screen shot below)
    1500 HPs + Feigned Health
    150ish PRR
    105 Necro DC
    100ish other DCs

I do have a lot of PLs to prop up this character (currently at 80 PLs) and I bolster my DCs and HPs with Reaper points (currently 25)

This is a DC build and not a damage build, so is great for Reaper grouping and soloing at R1 or R2. If you want a R3+ solo build then Auralock is the way to go due to the abundance of hit points.

Any questions then ask here or in game.

Myror

How are you getting to 109 charisma? Do you have a breakdown for it?

Ryan

I dont have a breakdown – I just look on character sheet.

I can try and work it out next time I hit 30

Ryan

I just tried writing a break down and can only get to 102 so Im missing something lol

CaT

It’s not often that you witness something better in reality than on paper. Way to go Ryan! You show them how it’s done 😀

Legend

Hi Ryan

Is there a reason why you are primarily SE, the top tree in TS will give you 3 more necro dc and 1 more to all others, as not really dps imo you don’t gain as much from SE tier 5 and capstone as TS.

Would also re-think the 2 Greater Charisma’s, 2 feats for +1 dc not really worth it, let the enhancements and destinies get you to an even number, GSF Necro and Epic GSF necro basically add equiv of +4 charisma for your chosen path, another route would be to go ESF Necro and Heighten, there are a few lower lvl necro spells like FOD that you will get +1 dc on and ofc +1 and more dc on all other spells like Evards.

Numbers are nice at mo though.

With a dc caster your gear set-up is just as important for build, maxxing certain items does not nessasarily mean highest dc as you might miss another combo that works better, I found this a lot with my Wiz, ie. i don’t use the +20 tome of Strahd, a +19 item actaully gives me more overall dc due to other items freed.

Would be interested to see your gear set-up for Necro too, would prob help others create too as slavers is must for any dc caster.

Ryan

Edit added… link didnt work d’oh

Second edit…..just looked at the Enhancements again and I believe you are onto something I clearly missed.
    Cheers

Third edit…T5 spell focus doesnt seem to offer Necro as a choice, so going TS loses me FoD Sla, Devour the Soul SLA.
    Am I missing something obvious (I am prone to this)

Fourth Edit….gear set added

Cheers for the replies

Here is a screen pic I just took of my char sheet (if the link worked)

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/scarlet_mantra/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20180521_142524.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/scarlet_mantra/Mobile%20Uploads/20180521_142524.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/scarlet_mantra/Mobile%20Uploads/20180521_142524.jpg

My unbuffed Charisma in Reaper is 106

In the pic Im also using

Supreme Ability pot – I have lots of these and they last an hour so I tend to think of this as permanent.

Bard songs

Ascendence

For a max Cha of 112

Necro is 105 with all the above
    Enchant 98
    Conj 96

(give or take 1 – will check later)

I’ll have another look at my Enhancements to see whats what, but I do enjoy having FoD SLA, Devour the Soul and Eldritch wave is very nice. I take Great Charisma to bump my other DCs (I think I can afford to drop two G Charismas (-1 to off school DCs) for 2 extra Necro cheers)

There could be mileage in what you say as I still find 105 Necro to be short of no fail.

Gear.

Helm – Hardened Hide (Draconic)

Neck – Chains (Res 14, FL 68, Heal 22, Qual PRR

Trink – 5 Rings (Qual Wis, SF 6, Rad 185, Wis 17)

Cloak – Mantle of Fury (FL 40)

Belt – Braided Cutcord (Striding 30)

Ring – Spinneret (Deathblock)

Boots – Softsoled (Fort)

Gloves – Innate Arcanum (Globe)

Ring – Skulled Ring (G Necro)

Bracers – Fallen Hero (Good Luck 2)

Armour – Mistladen (G Enchant)

Goggles – Summoners (G Conj)

Wep 1 – E Envenomed with 7 filigrees (used from L21)

Wep 2 – Nighmothers (Devotion)

Legendary Ice wep

Cheers

Legend

yep, u right on the +2 necro dc from TS, not really worth changing if works.

have you got 5 slavers set for sorc? if not, i could try and help with a combo of slavers and mists which you have as would not want to lose, could lose goggles and presume e envenomed blade, perhaps helm, if you blast a lot then the Leg Ice is worth keeping, if you tend to hold and cast necro then prob not.

Ryan

I dont even have a Sorcs 3 piece as I lack the mats.

Cheers for the offer of help Leg. If you can see a better gear set then by all means suggest it.

Bear in mind I rarely raid, run slavers once in a blue moon and finally I am just a casual player and not really into R10 and hard grind on a regular basis :- )

Im not using my LGS ice from L29 as I cant fit it in.
    Once I get another 7 slotter finished I put that in the night mother and use the LGS as well. Until then the only other way is if SSG starts selling an extra arm in store.

Legend

Will have a look to try and get u MRR item and some force item and crit for Arcane Pulse, won’t go for slavers if don’t farm which gives more options, from your image document you only need some tweeking, build is very solid as is, def r10 capable.

U know u can transfer the e enven blade sentient jewel to your nightmother? would use sentient jewel on rares only and destroy the rest, let me know what u got currently as might have rares spare for you.

Ryan

I think my MRR is around 90 and my PRR is 160.

I think my filli set is all rares tbh ta.

I used to have my filli set in my Nightmothers but as I reincarnate all the time I get more mileage from being able to use it from L20.

Im working on my 6th slot for my second fillie at the mo’ so its only a matter of time.

I’ll give you a shout if I need any once its complete.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us