Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Killing time on H

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Healliona

Good morning all hoppe you are fine.

I’m sure that we can succeed on H.

For heals with 1 true healer and 1 tank healer it should be fine:
    Ok for DPS a true healer is required but for legend (I don’t remember the name exactly sorry) I think that any of us that have empower heal or some heal stuff + cocoon + maybe renewal and enough UMD to use heal scrol is able to heal him : legend.
    Legend as a competent tank is really easy to heal and take a few damage.

A trick that comes from legend (rendons a César ce qui est à Césare) for those of us that don’t have elec absorbsion Energy Sheath is great and should be fine in hard.

Feel free to add comments and let me know what I’ve done wrong since unfortunatly I’m unable to ear you.

Have a good day / week.

Sébastien.

Dragavon

I dont think you did anything wrong.

There was a misunderstanding where you went through a portal instead of staying with Legend, but that was because Legend thought you where on discord and he did not write it in party.

We failed because the group we had where not capable of doing hard, too many chars with low MRR that where not able to stay alive without a healer looking after them.

We need more than one dedicated healer to do hard. I have tried to say that several times, but I am not listened to.

Healliona

PLease never hesitate you and other to say what is going wrong i will appreciate since I think it is to be constructive.

For the MRR, if people are interested we can do farm runs there are plenty of stuff that can help.

Sébastien.

Legend

Hi

It all depends on group set-up and what toons people bring if a second healer is required, from what I saw most were 1 shotted as they went to outside to kill mobs with the orbs, a 50 mrr toon is quite capable of surviving hard if you go for the right mobs and can kill them fast enough, in that group Dag is right that a second healer prob was required, if had implosion even more useful as can help take out the orbs.
    That raid does make it a lot harder for Wiz/Sorc and 50mrr toons though, its the same with Riding storm out and the skulls in Strahd.

This is also an end game raid, you need the gear, RL legendary sets etc… if peeps need help in getting certain gear they should say as can assist, elec resist items absorb/ chaos absorb bracers etc… all help.

For certain classes even with right armor it can be tricky to increase MRR, this is also due to most peeps focus on PRR (quite rightly).

Currently in most full group raids 7/12ish have been getting the rest through for a while now, peeps just need to ask for help on gearing etc… you don’t necessarily have to rip a build apart to make effective, it can do what you originally intended but tweaked to make better/optimise.

If you are running raids like Baba or Defiler as a pure dps toon and u r consistently getting low kills whilst others are getting 20/30+ you need to look at your build and gear and perhaps ask for advice.

imo we rarely have issues with tanks or healers brought to the raids, they do the job required, we do need to aim for R1 baba’s though when we have the numbers.

Healliona

I understand your point of view for gears.

Being average epic geared (Average epic geared means running R1 => 4 and being able to do what my build is entend to do) took me about 1.5 month (7 rl chain runs without asking anything), to be well geared I think it should be at least 5 or 6 month.

This means that to equip 2 or 3 different classes (1 spell thrower 1 rog 1 melee) it can take about 15 days (the RL chain is 12 quests, or 6 quests per day) with about 5 people (3 without equipment and 2 with equipment).

Maybe people will be interested but they don’t dare I don’t know.

Sébastien.

Healliona

Re good morning ;o)

I know that a few of us will read this, but saturday’s runs were really nice and all did a great job.
    The addition of a 2nd healer was awesome!

Maybe swapping tank healer for the 2nd fight will be nice, our cleric had to use buble because he couldn’t rest.

Sébastien.

Legend

Yep, was a good group, everyone contributed.

We do talk about plans in discord, Vif (2nd healer) was happy to stay on outside and sp was not an issue, next run will prob send him in the portals to mix it up for him.

Hopefully get a few more groups like that each week, enables the r1 Baba’s and will be good for new raids when arrive.

Healliona

“We do talk about plans in discord” I will try something for the next raid but I’m not sure it work but I’ll try.

I won’t be able to act as a healer for the next raid since I did Etred to change my game style but also to see how things are going on the DPS side.
    It may sound strange, but I think I have to play both sides to understand some of the game mechanics and I must admit that I really suffer from those 3.5 years break ;o).

Sébastien.

Sthax

Yep the runs where not too bad. Having some extra healing really made things easier.

//
    “It may sound strange, but I think I have to play both sides to understand some of the game mechanics and I must admit that I really suffer from those 3.5 years break ;o).”

No worries Sebas. I’ve been playing for years now and still am learning the complexities of the game, both bugs and WaI . It’s fun to explore the game mechanixs and see what is possible.

Healliona

Good morning all.

Here is my feedback on the last KT raid.
    I will less kind than the last time but when thing goes wrong at least for me it is as important as saying that I have pleasure to run with you.

1. Healing:
    Tank is self sufficient:
    => The raid can be done with 1 true healer but 2 are a plus, and tiraine plus any devine is really fine.
    Tank is not self sufficient:
    Either get 2 devines or just assign any char in the raid that is able to use heal scroll and cocoon is should be enough (maybe swap between 2 phases with an other char).

2. Trash:
    Killing trash is the most important, you have to focus on trash this is the key of the raid since most of time healers are killed by the trash.
    Having 1 or 2 instakill is really helps but all melee have also to focus on.

3. Alts.
    Having 2 alts in such raid is losing 22 % of DPS (if the raid have 9 DPS).
    Even if I know you are used to do this, maybe it is a real issue.

Healing and killing trash is doable since we already succeed in hard it is just some practice (me included since I have done mistakes).
    For alts I know that you are used to do this, i’m not sure that it is the best way to succeed.

Feel free to dismiss me from the guild I can understand this, but tbh I prefere and I have succeed with a “pseudo” random group on hard than with you on normal with 2 alts.
    I don’t mind to wipe and redo on normal but not in such configuration.

Sébatien.

Legend

Hi

We do ask in reaper channel if anyone wants to join, problem with pugging is that it is very hit and miss, we were very lucky with the R1 peeps we got in Baba but a lot of people just want a free ride and are more a liability, I could just dismiss them if they look gimp though.

It did not help that our main instant killer died pretty much within the first 2 seconds of each spawn! I think that was due to his positioning, if adds were kept under control would have made big difference.

Dag has also made points in the past about number of healers required, I think going forward for LH Killing Time we will pug to fill to 12 but I will kick any joiners that look terrible ie 1k melees and will ensure 2 healers.

I did put in the Baba lft ‘be useful’ and that paid off.

Lol, not going to dismiss you for making valid points, I think I just overestimated the group on the night.

Healliona

“We do ask in reaper channel if anyone wants to join” Ha didn’t know that there is such channel ty.

=> Baba is really simple compared to KT.
    I think that is due to MRR (We discussed on this point) and the fact that healers are more easy to kill.

For kres here is the big trouble: HARM is directional so it is really hard to cast but really efficient (even if people tend to think that PM is a choice).
    Maybe I had to stay near him.

=> For healer tiraine is able he / she was able to do this is mines yesterday, he / she jsut have to swap some gear, I’m not sure it is a real issue.

Lol, not going to dismiss you for making valid points, I think I just overestimated the group on the night.

I know that my post was not really kind and even if I was kiked it wouldn’t have changed what I am thinking of the guild (trust me if I wasn’t fine I already went away).
    But I’m sure that we can succeed, I saw about 1/3 of melee staying at the dragon when trash comes this is too much.

“overestimated ” => Not sure, just 2 things as far as I saw:
    1. Focus on trash to protect healers and avoid to makes them OOM due to more and more dmg.
    2. When healer’s life is going too low maybe a lay of hand is usefull or something else (I have an issue with my life: It is really hard for me to keep me alive in a raid).

I think that I will change of destiny the next time to have more HP this may help.

Sébastien.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us