Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Wiz12/Brb5/Rog3 – seeking advice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Grugno

Ciao a tutti, I’m seeking advice for my WF.

I’ve got second nightmare. Ok, ok, i know… after u20 nightmare is junk… but I really like this weapon 😉

I was wondering if a weird WIZ12/BRB5/ROG3 build would be effective.

Key points:
    – Dual Nightmare
    – Pale master for 25% inc, death aura, 1d6 Cos dmg on each crit (assumed that works)
    – Ravager Tier 5 for Critical Rage and Cruel Cut (3d6 cos dmg)
    – FB for extra rage, extra action boost, and sprint boost
    – EK for 3d4 elemental damage on each weapon, -5% ASF, some HP.
    – Evasion
    – Max dodge
    – FoTW epic destiny – Haste boost from LD (twisted)

~2’30’’ extended self buffs (Displacement, Haste, Tenser), then Barbarian Rage (6/rest with barb past life)

Some questions:
    – Critical rage only works with barb rage (no Rage spell, Primal scream, etc)?
    – Epic Ward – 90% resist ability damage on EH and EE?

Thanks for feedback

Sinaefay

Cruelest cut doesnt do much in epics, as mobs are highly resistant to stat dmg.

Energy drain abilities arent as weake-sauce as some say, as it does remove bonus hp a mob has associated with hd (they only regain hp associated with con for their max hp). Nightmare and other weapons with a level drain ability are still good dps vs trash mobs and orange named bosses.

I would say that critical rage only works with barbarian rage, but I havent tested it out myself so cant say that it doesnt work with other types of rages except spell rage.

CaT

Grats Grugno, it looks like a well thought build. It is very hard to estimate the builds performance at end level, but most likely you will have fun with it nonetheless.

I have a ftr/barb/rog and I use ravager as the default enhancement. I am pretty sure Critical Rage works with Primal Scream too, but don’t know about spell rage, I haven’t played him solo enough to determine that.

I agree with what Jan said, I also find stat damage enhancements useless (tried Cruel Cut and Mutilate) and need to spec them out now unless you need them for filler of course. Also Slaughter only did 1W last time I tested it (before U20).

Domend

I would say since u are going wizie pale master that Barbarian Rage will have problems on ur casting abilities etc etc. My opinion this would work much better with fighter levels Kensai tree for Tier5 is a rly good one u get a lot of nice stuff from it. Also extra feats that will help a lot and u will have a lot of nice feats to add up on ur build maybe extra dodge etc would be rly nice if u are aiming for Epic Elite quests.

Also on that notice Nightmare is an amazing weapon and its not nerfed at all still crits like hell and base dmg is incredible and unique on the Bastard Sword category. If u upgrade them they are very good. I have 1 fully upgraded as my main hand at all times on my paladin and a second one that i use as off hand on thrash / solo situations and they rock . On a good build their dmg is amazing.

Legend

Playing my WF 12Wiz/6Fighter and 2 Monk and is very fun, is not an ee toon but I can stand in the middle of 10+ mobs on EH and laugh it off, I do dual nightmares, as Dom stated still effective weapon, expect to be average/above average in all areas.

Do not expect an ee build with this and there are 5+ tricks I have found to make more effective, the hardest part is the enhancement allocation, I have had to make a few sacrifices on abils to get a balance, think i am pretty much there, I will give you 1 peice of advice to get you started, the rest you can figure for yourself, few comments below too.

Advice:
    As sp will be around the 1k mark spend 11 points in the archmage tree, you will get a 3sp blur and more importantly a 6 sp Displace, ie perm displace, tier 1 extra sp handy too.

Comments:
    -The 1d6 con damage will work with any melee weapons, the effect does lessen a great deal in eh but I have still found it still to be useful, leveling on heroic and it really owns.
    -Barb might be a nice class to go for, this build is not a feat intensive build as you get the metas from the wiz lvls and there is plenty left over from every 3 levels.
    -If not already considered when you go 3 levels of rogue make sure you have the Int and skills to live up to the class, with some work/gear you should be able to be effective in all EH quests.
    -Plan the max dodge, if you dont take the feat I doubt you will reach.
    -You will need a nullification item for the death aura’s, I use the docent from the mabar event, this and some potency type item/s are a must, plan gear in some details for end game.
    -I am leaning more towards Draconic destiny on this type of build, the blast is pretty cheap and will still do good damage, few other nice melee abils too.
    -Look at Eldritch Knight enhancements in more detail.

If you do decide to make and get to the epic levels post build in more details and might be able to comment on a few tweaks, visa versa.

Grugno

Thank you for your kind advice.
    I’m going to test this build. I’ll keep you updated 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us