Home Forums Crafting Forum Upgrading Sentinels items

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ispepxam

Having recently come back to the game I have spent most of my time getting to know the Eveningstar quests and zones to help me level up my artificer. He is now at level 23 and still has a way to go to rech 25, but I want to do a review of my gear and what I need to farm for. This will be for my artificer and other toons – mainly lvl20 dual Bastard Sword wielding ranger and lvl16 Light Path Monk.

That brings me to my question. I hve several items from the Sentinels of Stormreach quest chain (House Deneith) but I never got round to upgrading them to the epic status. Can I run the appropriate quests on epic to get the relevant shard/scrolls/seals, or has this system now been removed…? I’m sure I read something somewhere that it had been dropped or at least changed, but can’t find it again and the wiki was a little confusing…at least it was confusing for my simple mind 🙂

It may be that there are plenty of newer named items and sets that would suit my toons better, but I wanted to check on these old stored items before I focus on other areas of farming. Some of the commendation items from the Eveningstar are quite nice and fairly easy to farm as part of the long 15 quest chain leading up to the Caught in the Web raid. That would give each of my toons some nice base items.

My artificer still has a base green steel cloak, but needs to run a few shrouds to gain shards and ingredients to allow me to apply upgrades. Anyone looking to run these, let me know – I still remember the Sunday Shroud runs that were my introduction to Spellsword raids… the good old days 🙂

Hope there could be some advice or guidance out there for those who have been through the transitions that I am now just catching up with.

Thanks, Jimmy – Ispep clan

Flavia

The Shard/Scroll/Seal system has not been removed, but honestly, you’ll find as good ( and even better) in the random loot from Eveningstar and Gianthold.

In some cases, and in some instances some old Epic Items are still best in slot ( E-AGA, E-SoS, … )  but random loot, commendation items and EH/EE chain items are usually better now.

If you are like me and want to keep your +Con bonus in X Slot there’s still some use for old epic items. Otherwise you’ll get what you want through random loot faster than farming for Scroll/Seal/Shard.

At least that’s my opinion…

Sinaefay

Which items are you trying to upgrade from the Sentinel chain?

Ispepxam

I was going to look at the Bladmark Docent, but I have sold it now…lol. Based on the advice from Flav, I have a lot of farming to do anyway just to lvl up and get some of the nice items from other areas, so I decided not to go through the grind for this upgrade. I wanted to finish off the Eveningstar area and get to lvl24 before heading over to Gianthold for a look at the new quests (and items) there.

I do still have the Chimera Bastard Sword and the Jidz Bracers on other toons that I could upgrade given the time to farm for the necessary items. The B Sword is for my lvl18/1/1 ranger/rogue/monk, so in theory he could run the necessary quests on epic to farm the items. The bracers would be for my light path monk who is still only lvl16, so he has some time to wait.

Sinaefay

Getting the base items for the sentinel chain is very easy, while getting seals and shards can be incredibly hard. Your monk might get more out of the villager set from Eveningstar than the jidz, so I wouldnt be too focused on these older items for now.

Molfein

I was also looking to upgrade Sentinel items to Epic. Specifically Molfein’s Elyd Edge for the Inspiring Echo power (which I believe can’t be acquired from any other item?)

As pointed out it is difficult and so far he has no shard, seal or scroll (although have seen later on AH).

Do I recall correctly that they can be traded 3:1 ? So if I had 3 seals of Splintered Winter Wrath, then I could trade somewhere for the required Seal.

Yours ever hopeful 🙂

G

CaT

I believe that the trading you are talking about only applies to Sands items 🙂 and yes that Elyd’s ability is really unique and also very nice 😉 Kudos to the old devs!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us