Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Twists of fate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Vik

I dont get this, but presume the choice is either to have all your epic points in one fate or to spread them around different trees?

So having unlocked a twist and truthfully not sure how it did this, it is as simple as making sure im on the right path when i get xp

Thanks

Vik

Legend

Kind of

Every 3 Epic Destiny levels will give you a fate point, each tier and level in the twists costs various fate points, so with your first 3 destiny levels you have unlocked tier 1, when you get 6 more epic levels you will have 2 more fate points to either upgrade your first twist to level 2 or actvate your second twist for 2 level 1 twists, basically just keep on leveling different epic destinies but no need for all to 5, 3-4 is best, unless main.

Twists then just enable you to have abilities from epic destinies active whilst you are using another destiny, ie, if your main is Grandmaster of Flowers, whilst using this you could get a +6 to your stunning fist from twisting in the level 1 destiny abil from Leg Dread.

There are some very nice combo’s for certain classes once you get going, monk with haste boost also nice etc….

Flavia

You can ( and will ) have several destinies unlocked and levelled.

Though you can have only one active destiny at a given time.

Twists of fate are a mean to allow for a power from a given destiny to remain active while that destiny is not active.

The fate points you earn while levelling allows you do develop the twists of fate ( more twists, and more powerful powers usable in the twists ).

Ryan

Just a quicky from me – as a casual/ time limited player

its a lot of work to get all your twists.

On Nannabot I want a Tier 3 and two Teir ones for twists

This will then allow me to use Unyeilding Sentinal as my main with the twists I want (Renewal, Devotion +30 and SP boost)

To get those twists I need 33 Epic levels which is quite a few (and many of which offer little of use to a Divine)

Be prepared for a long haul 🙂

Sinaefay

Get rejuvenating cocoon instead of renew, Ryan. Cheaper in points and just as good.

Legend

I also don’t even think Renewal is an option to twist in as a pre req is from that destiny line granted abil.

Reju Cacoon is lot better if indeed even need on a healer!

Ryan

Thank you for the info.

I only ever tend to use Renewal in Epic Elite as its a great “top up” for between fights, or a nice off target heal when im concetrating on a Tank type or nice to keep constantly running on a player that is tanking a boss.

I like the look of Rejuve Coccoon and will twist it in when I can – Im 1 1/2 levels from finishing Shadow Dancer at the moment, so how that equates to how far from Primal Avatar Im not sure.

I assumed I could twist in Renewal – but perhaps I cannot?

Ill certainly put Rejuve C in my book of things to remember – alongside my latest being –

“When healing EE Dont drink the Water, falling off the ledge isnt the smartest move a Cleric can make”

Thankfully I was in US destiny with 850 HPs and only died twice (thank you for the Rez). But we completed and I shall learn not to dance around on the edge for next time.

Cheers

Vik

Ok next question, when you switch destinies the active abilities of the old one are then dormant? but the passive ones you keep or do you lose both?

Thanks Vik

Ryan

Hello Vik

all abilities, both passive and active from the previous destiny are suppressed when you move to a new one.

The only abilities you keep across Destinies are twists.

Also, once you cap a destiny you’ll stop getting xp and have to move to the next to keep on progressing. You may end up only capping your main as (i think its been mentioned) its quicker to level up and move on by only taking 3 levels in each.

When I first read about twists I didnt think much of them. But with further thought I have come to realise they are very handy. Another way to look at it is – I dont intend to TR Nanna bot as he does ok, so working through the Destinies gives me something to work towards

Perhaps the same might apply to you?

Domend

Twist of Fates rly handy Vik and u can keep them no matter what destiny u are playing at any moment.

Also depending on the Tiers u wanna Twist on ur slots u must have some fate points.

Always u start Twisting the highest Tier u want first to save some fate points . I would suggest play the melee epic destinies in various quests and some raids to test some abilities of them and then decide what abilities u wanna twist on ur monk that will help them make Grandmaster of Flowers even better destiny according to ur build.

My suggestions would be :

Tier3 Haste Boost from Legendary Dreadnaught ( Amazing attack speed on a monk with it )

Tier 2 Lithe from Shadowdancer if u are looking for some extra AC and Reflex save

Tier 1 Brace for Impact from Unyielding Sentinel ( Incredible handy on EE quests for extra fort and saves since u need both to be very high to survive )

Tier 1 Legendary Tactics from Legendary Dreadnaught ( +6 DC on Tactical Feats also a great boost for a high DC on stuns etc etc )

Ofc u can only Twist 3 of them and u need to test them and see what fits better according to ur build . If u u want to go for max Epic Destiny XP ( Almost all Destinies on lvl 5 to get the most Fate Points u can ) there are great Tier 4 Abilities to Twist :

Tier 4 Sense of Weakness from Fury of the Wild ( Very nice extra dps specially for EE and mobs that cannot be crit easily. Works on all mobs )

Tier 4 Fatesinger Stances u can check them out there are a couple with very nice abilities and boosts . (Note only one of those Stances can be active at a moment )

Good luck m8 and any extra info u want can send a tell in game also . I have leveled up all Destinies on my rogue and tested a few things on melee dps .

P.S. : U can check on how many Fate points each Twist needs depending on the tier u wanna put in from here : http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies on the Twist of Fates tab a very nice board for it.

Molfein

Hello Guilders, in need of some advice.

Molfein is my highest level char at level 24. He has recently got 24 Destiny points in Fatesinger and I get a maxxed out message. He tried switching active destinies, but all the Fatesinger abilities were greyed out.

So continuing to level will yield only a few more destiny points. Therefore the choice of twist of fate needs to be made very carefully, as I guess only the new active destiny can be twisted into the old main destiny (Fatesinger)?
    Getting a Tier 1 ability to twist needs 1 point spent in the active destiny?
    Getting a Tier 2 ability to twist needs 6 point spent in the active destiny?
    Getting a Tier 3 ability to twist needs 11 point spent in the active destiny?
    etc.

I enjoy the Fatesinger Ability and this seems like an excessive haul as won’t the active desiny abilities be suppressed once Molf switches back to Fatesinger?
    Is it worth getting the Fatesinger ability to swap twists of fate at a rest shrine?

Be helpful to have more information about Epic, gratefully received

Cheers,
    Chris

Legend

I presume you have maxxed out bard and no others as you are lvl 24, by having 5 lvls in bard this will give you 1 fate point so you activate a tier 1 twist of fate, u then activate your fatesinger tree and drag in a tier 1 ability you still want access too such as ‘Dirge’, it is then recommended you now start leveling the other destinies, you will have access to the twisted in ability from fatesinger only.
    Tier 1 is 1 point spent in tree
    Tier 2 would be 5 points +,(4 to bring to next lvl and 1 for tier 2 abil)
    Tier 3 would be 9

If you group and do anything less than epic elite you should be leveling other destinies for more twists/abils, when you do a challenging quest you then twist in a number of abils from other leveled destinies and go back to the maxxed out fatesinger.

No real point in getting the abil to change twists at a rest shrine, get an idea of what abils you need to be twisted in from other destinies though, so have something to aim for.

Depending on type of Bard you are depends on the twists you would choose from other destinies, a v useful one would be Rejuvenation Cacoon but takes a little work going through the relevant destiny trees.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us