Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Trap the Soul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Grugno

Hi swords,

Do any of you have experience with Trap the soul spell?
    I tried it with my sorc and I was amazed… 🙂
    63 DC does not seem to need debuffs (hypno, enervation…). Nice instantkill with 3.5 sec cooldown.
    I thought didn’t work on high level mobs… I tried it and it works in Thunderholme.
    Aside from price (1.250pp/kill) and spell resistance, did I forget something?

Legend

That area is fairly low dc anyway when soloing, you can’t really compare it to specific ee quests, the spell is handy if your necro dc is nowhere near this and ofc it uses will save, but all your non evo dc’s should also be around this and the area effect and single target necro spells kill mobs with no shard cost just as well in these areas, for fast kills in Thunderholme go around with ‘undeath to death’
    But if you have a free lvl 8 slot you might as well keep it.

Sinaefay

I only use trap the soul when Im after soul stones from specific mobs, as most mobs in upper levels are too high for TTS to work.

Ryan

Can Trap the Soul be used to create “summon monster” gems?

Sinaefay

Dont think so, Ryan. The Trap the soul spell only creates soul gems of the monster they kill, their HD determining the type of soul gem (from weak to very strong soul of targeted monster).

Ryan

Ok thank you Jan

Flavia

Once upon a time it created something that was most wanted for Cannith Crafting…

Nowadays it’s almost not worth collecting the gems though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us