Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Thunder and Wyrm tactics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Legend

Thought I would do a new thread for tactics, as we will need to be quite coordinated for Wyrm and have a clue about what we are doing as have completed.
    Few spoilers below but most peeps have been in the raid, expect a few completed.

Thunder – Most have done this, have assigned roles on signups, basically anyone who is not assigned to a Dragon will be taking out adds, those ranged that will be on the Dragons need to swap accordingly to keep them both as even as possible, as with most raids it’s all about the dps, if peeps start doing other things it will just be a resource burn and take longer, if you take aggro from Jan just take over the kiting.

Wyrm – This is a lot longer and we need to be a lot more coordinated, we will do EN as tank wont need much healing and kiting should be easier, there are a number of puzzles to get to the end fight, a dwarf or someone with high int can identify the puzzle, they are mostly straight forward, on the orb one you must stand completely still when the orbs are red, turn amber to warn, then move only on green, much like musical chairs, is very easy and can run as a group.
    End fight We will have Vyra on Dragon with Yoko healing him, Cat kiting adds with Flav looking after Cat and melees.
    Everyone else will alternate between the Dragon and Necros, when they see a necro all kill it, then back to Dragon, most of the fight will then occur with the Dragon having no DR.
    Once the Dragon gets to low hp shadows will appear, we will have 6 peeps who will use them to teleport to the a shadow side, these 6 will gather in centre and aggro the shadows, a black dome can appear once a shadow is dead, you can teleport through this to shadow side.
    These 6 peeps will then clear mobs on other side, open up the portals and in groups of 2 go through 3 different portals, inside is a Phylactory, most are fake, only 1 is real I believe, by splitting we increase chances of hitting the real one, each group will prep and then kill all 3 at the same time, repeat till we succeed.
    Once real Phylactory is destroyed, need to take Dragon down more, more shadows will the appear, anyone who is not tanking, healing or kiting should go through the portal and retrieve the shards and place in braziers.
    Dragon needs to be moved to centre, kill necros again to keep dr off, once dragon is taken down the 2 levers must be very quickly pulled at same time to complete, will have 2 peeps with Invis can do these, maybe ranged that can stand by before, must keep mobs off these peeps.

I got no doubt we will complete, just try and absorb as much as possible for future runs.

Wish

Sounds good. Would consider one thing with the healing though:

Flav has a tendency to heal in Sentinel (Understandably) so lacks the mobility Exalted gives with wings, since Ditz wont have that problem would consider spwapping their healing roles. Also i have no qualms about chuging SF pots when tanking and was being selfsufficient for a large portion of our run last time so I would be fine with having only the occasional cocoon thrown on me and have both healers on the group.

~W

Legend

V good point Wish, will swap round the two, honestly as EN I doubt you will need much healing at all but good to get peeps in the roles, gives us more time to get familiar with quests.

Ryan

Cheers to you both for flagging Mantrax this evening.

Im more than happy to get Nannabot flagged if a full heal spec Cleric would help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us