Home Forums Creative Corner Thiefling Build explorations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sthax

Heya Swords,

With the new expansion comming closer, presale starting this month (prolly on the last day). I started tinkering with the thiefling tree and see what kind of build would be fun to try out for my 3 racial TR’s.

As the thiefling tree is flame dmg oriented I thoughed of some options.

First off, a straight up Fire sorc would work fine, esspecially with the scorch allowing to bypass fire imune mobs and the fire spellpower to other element racial thingy. So an attack rotation combined with 3 scorches and some lightning attacks would works pretty good. It will prolly be most efficient to zerg out a lvl.

Secondly, to make thing more interesting, a Sorc/bard/* might be fun too. As the racial capstones give some melee dps that scale with fire spellpower.
    So i was thinking to throw in a SWF fire nuker. 14 sorc / atleast 3 bard / top off with something else or more bard or sorc levels.

Thinking T5 eldrich knight / some Swashbuckling and Fire sorc tree. Maybe add some vistani if SWF is a dagger. maybe the DS action boosts from swash tree will stack with the vistani rapid attack.

Ability:
    Cha / Con / * (might go STR, if taken a Divine Might route)

Feats:

3x SWF
    imp crit

Last three feats could:
    – be spell orientated, like empower etc.
    – Or i might take the shield mastery to stack with buckler although that isn’t too much of a gain in anything. maybe the 5% DS is worth it.
    – Can also get some other defensive feats
    – Quick draw for fast casting and melee switch (also in vistani tree)

Epic:
    Overwelming crit
    Vorpal feat
    Doublestrike
    Arcane warrior
    * (other melee thingies)

Playstyle:
    Close melee combat with lots of AoE dmg. Running in eldrich knight stance and swashbuckler mode. (Can use orb or buckler)
    Challenge would be the defense as i imagin this build would pull allot of aggro.

Optional extra classes after 14 sorc 3 bard:
    – 3 Pally for Stance and dmg on hit (4 for DM, but might also work in Epics by use of Divine Crusader with less? been a while since it tested it and forgot if it works…)
    – 3 Barb for extra attack dmg’s
    – 1 or 2 FVS for DM and heal thingies
    – 3 Monk for stance crit, but need vistani to work so not alot of AP. Gives evasion
    – 3 fighter for feats and stance
    – 2 rogue for skills trapping and evasion.

As you can see many ideas that can be explored for some fun.

Any of you got any ideas on what to do with a thiefling, would love to hear other views?

Healliona

Good morning.

I’m not an exepert on build and I usually tend to stay pure (yes this makes things much easier).
    I know that Chrof (Stu if I remember) have a similar build maybe he will able to give you better advice than me.
    Thanks to Chrof I have tried a monk / druid / vistani this is really nice to level.

Maybe that Thiefling will be fine as warlock too (there are lot of warlock expert in the guild).
    Maybe they will be fine as FVS since Thiefling have a lot of affinities with fire.

I’m not sure to understand but:
    “Optional extra classes after 14 sorc 3 bard:
    – 3 Pally for Stance and dmg on hit”
    Bard + paly is not possible.

Sébastien.

Quick edit ;o)

In fact they should be very good as FVS for:
    1. fire affinity
    2 The + 2 with evocation AND conjuration DC.

Add point 2 with 3 cleric and sorcer past lives that shoulb be sexy.

Sébastien (once again).

Molfein

Bard + Pally not possible due to alignment restrictions
    Bard + Monk not possible due to alignment restrictions
    That old Law / Chaos thing 🙂

Personally I would take Rogue for trapping and evasion, although that may not fit well with your combat style.
    running with light armour and buckler won’t give you much PRR, but there are a few sources from enhancements which always help.
    Dodge from Swashbuckler will also help preseve your HPs too!

Cheers,
    Molf

Sthax

oh crap, ofc there are alignment restrictions… 🙂 I usually first think about what would be fun and then start checking if it is possible at all.

Yeh, maybe fvs would be the way to go for DM and more fire options. Although I ont think there are enough AP’s to get everything, it still is a nice split to test some stuff.

@Molf I’m not to worried about defense as i got a few past lives under my belt and things shouldn’t be alive for a long period of time.

Ryan

I shall be looking at getting the racial for Tiefling.

I decided I would go with a pure DC Lock as I havent run a Warlock build for at least 17 hours and Im missing it a bit.

Sthax

heheh that is also a possibility, the good old “Why fix it if it aint broke!” routine.

Healliona

Why not a pure DC bard?
    This should be nice too.

Sébastien.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us