Home Forums General Teamspeak or something similar.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Khim

Hi guild,

I have asked this on the last forum as well: Is the guild interested in having a Teamspeak* server? I could host and provide one free of charge.

While DDO comes with a voice chat a TeamSpeak that used guild wide would allow you to communicate with everyone in the guild. If you still want to just talk with the handful of friends you are questing with at the moment, you can still create “rooms” and meet up in one of those rooms.

Just let me know if there is any interest in this.

Information:

How-To: http://n0la.org/ts3/

Host/IP: n0la.org (the “o” in is a Zero)

Port: 9987

Password for the TS3 Server is: N0laTeamSpeak (the “o” in Nola is a zero!)

[*] Does not have to be TeamSpeak, can also be Ventrillo or Mumble.

Sinaefay

Wont say yay or nay as I have no inkling on what most thinks of this. I will add this to our msg of the day though, so more will see this and post here.

Khim

Thanks.

It’s just an offer though and is up indefinitely, so no need to rush any sort of decision.

Argante

One of the first things I asked when I joined the guild was “do we have a TS server?”

After using the native voice chat feature I find it functional and easy to use so I can’t see any benefit from having a TS server in addition to the native functionality.

Having said that, if a TS server were available I would probably use it in addition to the native client, it would be nice to chat whilst soloing quests.

Just my 2c.

Domend

I would not say no to it either. Would at least worth to give it a shot. Its nice to communicate like that since u get to know each other better and also work better in the game. Very nice for our raid nights aswell and could get more people use Voice Chat since a lot dont use the ingame voice chat. Its a nice thought and if more guildies are up for it we should give it a go.

Ryan

I think its worth a go, although I sometimes find playing and talking a trifle distracting as I cant fully concentrate on both during hectic battles 🙂

CaT

Ryan, you need to be a girl to do all those at once hehe. I remember a commercial where a girl talks at the phone in the office and while talking does a lot of things like writing, picking a pen from under the table etc. 🙂

Fermihault

I’ve had the opportunity to use TS and similar things like Mumble in the past and the sound quality was definitely better than in DDO’s inbuild VC in most cases.

The rooms that allow to live chat guildwide are certainly an interesting feature.

Having said that, voice should not prevent typing to make sure everyone understand what is said when the message is more complex that shouting “trap” 🙂 Not to mention the fact that we can scroll up if we forget something!

nixtkrouler

I am in for Teamspeak, u ll also have the chance to laugh at me while trying to speak english.

Khim

Hi all,

I have set up a teamspeak server, and written a small “How To” here:

http://n0la.org/ts3/

If you have any issues connecting feel free to ask here or conact me directly in game.

Have fun!

Khim

Is there any place where I can post the password for my TeamSpeak where it is not “public”?

Ryan

What about getting an officer to post it on the guild channel?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us