Home Forums General Spellsword forum

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sinaefay

It has come to the time to renew the hosting plan for spellswords.com. The plan is for 3 years (36 months) and the renewal date is December 20.

The cost for renewal is $313 and I don’t have the funds to cover that on my own. I have setup a collection for this on Paypal (link below). Any donations are welcome, and there is no set amount that you must donate, as I don’t want to assume anything. It is possible to donate anonymously if you want, as everything is voluntarily and I don’t want anyone to feel concious of what they can donate (and every donation is appreciated).

Link: https://paypal.me/pools/c/8u44T0flgW

Chrof

Just a question, is a forum actually needed now with discord? Could we set discord up to work like the forum? Have one for raid forming etc?

Sinaefay

Main drawback with discord is that we dont save anything really. A discussion about sorcerers 2 months ago, would never get read again, but it would here.

Discord is more like direct messages where you read it now and then it disappears (as I doubt anyone will scroll back to read from months ago), while the forum organizes each discussion in its own topic and saves it easily readable later on for anyone.

If the latter function isn’t needed, then we can definitely discuss the forums existance.

Ispepxam

I’ve donated some funds just now. IspepXam

Dragavon

I think forums are still very useful as Jan says. Discord is not good if you want to see what was talked about even a week ago. Forum threads are much better if you want to get advice on your build or equipment.

Sinaefay

Many thanks, Jimmy.

Furiyen

Totally agree we should keep the forum. Perfect way to have discussions to debate issues, builds, gear setups etc etc and organise raids in advance.

Pay day is 20th November for me, and will happily donate.

Sinaefay

Thanks everyone who donated. We have reached the goal for our forum, thanks to some incredibly generous donations!

Thanks everyone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us