Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Skeletons in the closet Vecna solution

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dragavon

This is copied from the wiki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3oCUOCpjnc

The Secret Ending: Freeing Yarrow
    The information from this section is gathered from the forum post Dark Secret Found in Isle of Dread, and we thank everyone involved. Special thanks is due to twitch streamer, Arcanaverse aka forum user Magnus_Arcanis, who solved how the critical mechanic worked.

To obtain the secret ending, the following steps must be done in this order:

Solve the Names of Vecna puzzle in part one. (This may not be strictly necessary, but it’s pretty easy, so it’s worth doing anyway.)
    Continue as standard until, in part three, you kill the skeleton Osfield. Do not kill the skeleton Alaric until told to. Have a party member die and “walk the path of the Dead” – jump across the skulls behind his platform until they reach him.

Osfield’s spirit appears on the platform. Use the /say command to speak the following lines as close to him as possible. Osfield will teleport around the room after each line. If you got them in the right order, he disappears afterwards; otherwise, he resets.
    Osfield joined first. Looking for a happy ending. A bard chasing my story.
    The 1st verse. The Academy called me prodigy, and reckless. They were right.
    The 2nd verse. The Common folk called me the Flame of Hope. Perhaps I was.
    The 3rd verse. The Kingdom called me champion but feared me for I spoke my mind.
    The 4th verse. Prince Lindal of the Elves called me Yarrow, as did my friends.
    Yet only when the prince spoke my name did I feel the flame in my heart.

Once Osfield disappears, kill the skeleton Alaric. Do not kill the skeleton Kelas until told to. Walk Alaric’s path of the dead and speak the following lines to him.
    Faithful Alaric came second, hoping to heal my broken heart.
    It broke on his altar but it was not his doing.
    Lindal’s people would not accept me. Duty came before love.
    Yet a broken heart is fertile ground for ambition.
    My frail humanity, a chance thing of birth, would be no match for my will.
    I would match elven blood with something greater. Power.

Once Alaric disappears, kill the skeleton Kelas. Do not kill the skeleton Gorth until told to. Walk Kelas’s path of the dead and speak the following lines to him.
    My apprentice Kelas came third. He would never question an order.
    Order keeps things in their place, and mages like order.
    So I overthrew the headmasters and claimed the Academy.
    Those mages who would not join became traitors.
    Those who were wiser became servants and seekers.
    With them I wrung every secret from my world until I found him.
    The master of secrets would be a secret himself after all.

Once Kelas disappears, kill the skeleton Gorth. Do not kill Death’s Teeth until told to. Walk Gorth’s path of the dead and speak the following lines to him.
    The pirate Gorth was the fourth. Always the gambler. He cheated. I cheated better.
    We sailed every ocean seeking the island of my visions.
    We found it and the darkness waiting beyond it’s jungles and beasts.
    I brought my friends to the volcano and sealed all of our fates in this secret pact.
    From the shadows it told me the words. It showed me the symbols.
    Five friends. Five Souls. Five fingers on a hand. The darkness beckoned.

Finally, bring Death’s Teeth to his platform and slay him. Do not, under any circumstances, kill The Ghost Flame. Lindal’s spirit should appear above his platform. Read the following lines to him.
    I king Lindal came to this island. I came for my people. I came for guilt. I came to hide.
    Heavy is the crown. My kingdom besieged. Enemies on all sides.
    She offered aid and blew on the embers of forgotten desire.
    But first one last quest with old friends. I dared to dream again.
    Yet the dream turned to ash. She had bargained with darkness.
    I broke free. I left her. I left them. All doomed. My shame burns. The Beast consumes.

At this point, The Ghost Flame will joyfully announce that her pact with Vecna is broken, she is Yarrow once again, and she is free. She will then disappear.
    An enraged Vecna will appear and set a giant version of his severed Hand and Eye upon you. The Wrath of Vecna is tougher than both Death’s Teeth and the Ghost Flame put together. Be warned.
    Should you manage to slay the hand, the quest completes, granting you not one, not two, but three end chests. The outer two chests are the only way you can get the special named augments from the raid. Enjoy your loot – you’ve earned it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us