Home Forums General Shiradi questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Due to the advice and guidance I have recieved from a few Swords both on here and in game (you know who you are and have my thanks) Mantrax is a reasonably effective EE caster.

The DDO forums are full of threads about DC casting being dead or inefficient and the only way to go is Shiradi.

I disagree that DC casting is dead and as for inefficient, only if youre really not doing it right imo)

However as Ive only dabbled a bit with Shiradi (and I wasnt hugely impressed with it at the time iirc) I cant comment.

So I think Id like to have a go at trying Mantrax as a Shiradi Wiz. He wont be full blown as he’ll most likely wont have the sla’s but he’ll somewhere near.

Im pretty sure my Shiradi tree is maxxed out and i have double prism, nerve venom and audience selected.

I have all the “evo” and AoE spells available to me.

What I lack is the knowlege of how best to employ them, first in EH and eventually in EE if i feel it offers more than DC casting for my playstyle. Maybe I shouldnt even try it on a Necro/ Ench specced AM?

If anyone can offer some tips, advice etc it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Legend

I agree, dc casting is still very much alive, you just adapt the toon for eh or ee content, in ee I would prefer a proper dc Wiz to a Sharadi Sorc.

Sharadi casters are pretty straight forward, activate double rainbow and cast strong spells with the procs, (ones listed below), for the missiles depending on quest I tend to take all Meta’s off (as wiz u will prob want quicken) the added effects do enough damage at minimal sp, but this ofc depends on quest, I have seen Sharadi casters kill quite slow in the past and do not understand how this is the case, they might have feats activated and trying to conserve sp!

Magic Missile – 5 missiles cast fast, low sp
    Chain Missiles – A must with groups such as in FOT, spam cast it, up there as best Sharadi spell.
    Ice Storm – 2 procs, not bad
    Force Missiles – cast if have the sp, is nice to use with mm on 1 mob
    Pris Spray – V nice, should use
    Meteor Swarm – Gr8 Proc Spell, I also tend to use this one maxxed out with caster feats, but watch the sp drain.

Relevant force potency item also handy for the above, would get if dont have.

I also twist in energy burst on my sorc when in Sharadi, faster way to kill/prep large group of mobs.

I dont really use Sharadi on my Wiz though, only on Sorc, if want a damage mode I tend to go draconic, still get ok dc for trash mobs then.

Ryan

Cheers for the info.

Maybe I’ll leave my Wiz as a DC caster then and think about getting my Sorc Day back into the game and level him around to Shiradi sometime.

Padfoot

with my wiz I use the missile spells mentioned by legend, but I am mostly acid and cold specced. So i use acid rain and ice storm to chuck on groups of mobs, followed up with a few chain missiles. I am half covered with meteor storm too, but as legend says, if you use this too much it can be a real SP drain for a Wiz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us