Home Forums Creative Corner Reaper Warlock

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lisa

I’m trying to think of the best way to make my DPS warlock more useful in higher reapers. I don’t want to lose the DPS or the orb so I won’t be going down the tank route. I considered DC Killer but I don’t think it’s possible to get a decent enough necro DC without insane investment (expensive pots, completionist, racials, etc) so that leaves me with Crowd Controller, since mobs Will saves are generally much lower than their Fort saves.
    Also, held mobs take more damage from my blasts (with Sense Weakness) so that will increase my DPS too, at least on the ads.

I reckon I can get to about 110 Enchantment without too much effort.

What do peeps think?

Healliona

Good morning.

I’m not sure that you are able to be competitive with your blast at H reaper.
    Here is what I’ve seen as an undergeared / under studied warlock:

At 30 with about 900 in fire power: Some blast at 2K (a bit more maybe) at R1, only energy burst was relevant with 15 to 20 K crit.
    If you want to DPS I think that a sorcer will be more powerfull but you may lose some CC.

110 will be fine in most of content at R5 / 6 after I’m not sure.
    I think that you can easely use reaper and Yulgo pots to get + 2 in DC.

At H reaper most of casters are CC and instakill.
    In fact after R6 a without CC (either a caster or a tank) things are really hard.

As a conclusion, if you want to have substential DPS at H reaper with awesome CC go to sorcer, they are overpowered those days.

An other advantage to go sorcer is that you can easely switch ED: Either great CC with some nice DPS as a magister or mega DPS with lower CC as Draconic
    Incarnation.

Sébastien.

Note: Will be at 29 this WE I think, so if you need some help to farm gear let me know.
    I can go to R4 / 5 with my gears I think.

Lisa

Thanks Seb. I was including Yugo pots in the 110 DC. I have all the other gear but thanks for the offer 🙂

I don’t want to go sorcerer, I want to stay warlock because they are great for soloing R1s when nobody else is doing anything and I want to farm for items / sentient XP.

If I can’t make her useful for higher reapers then she can just be my soloer.

Healliona

Hehe try sorcer, those are more powerfull than warlocks at the moment.

I have done some quest with sorcer after LV6 they can do all at R1.

Sébastien.

Lisa

I don’t want a sorcerer, I want to keep her warlock

Healliona

Yes I undestood.

What about shiradi warlock?
    Or twisting all shiradi things?

Sébastien.

Lisa

For the Shiradi crowd control effects you mean?

Healliona

Oups sry no, for Prism, Rainbow and Double Rainbow.
    This is possible to twist them and go to an other ED I think.

Sébastien.

Ryan

Antonis’s DC Lock was very useful in Sharn highish Reapers. If you can get hold of him he may be able to advise.

My own DC Lock was OK in Ravenloft High Reaps but not in Sharn – I was sick of Warlocks by that time and didn’t bother gearing him to see what DCs I could get.

I can’t comment on Sorcs as my own L23 seems a bit underwhelming at the moment. His DCs are solid, but the DPS is feels lacklustre even running at level R1s (which reminds me to post about what Savant to use for Epics)

Lisa

I think it’s safe to say that warlocks can CC in high reapers. Even Ithyria, with very few past lives can reach 112 DC in enchantment, which seems to be more than enough for most R10s. The biggest problem I have is when someone kills the mob I’m centering the mass hold on, the spell fails totally then but still goes on timer, which is a pita and happens about 1/3 time when certain people are in the group and just can’t wait for the cc before attacking. But when those people aren’t in group and Stu is on his tank, it’s a breeze, I’ve had quite a few compliments on my crowd controlling from peeps I’ve grouped with and made a lot of new friends over Christmas 🙂

Chrof

Yep see you in action on your wlk, we even have done over many r10s where you where cc and heals, yep many complements from other high end players on this. You sell yourself a bit short Lisa, you are much much better than you lead yourself to believe and yes having a tank is nice as that’s primary cc really, it all goes smoothly if the tank can get in first and get face agro then intim. As some groups the mobs are too spread out for intims range. Mostly goes OK but some times just need to mention it in group and 95% people listen and adapt.

Lisa

Thanks Stu, you do the most for my battered confidence than anyone else on DDO! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us