Home Forums Guild Diary Raid Etiquette

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lisa

I remember there was a time where we got to the point that we were asked to specify what raid items we wanted to roll on before going into raids, this was because some people were rolling on everything and it got out of hand. It would be a shame if we had to implement something like this again because of certain greedy people.

I understand that loot tetris (gear planning) can be a pain in the bum but please could I politely request that you have an idea of what you want and consider that most people only roll for items on their final build rather than taking items for a past life from people who will be using them for the forseeable future.

Thanks

Chrof

Yes I understand you Lisa, but some people are just like that. If you put an item up for roll to All then that can happen.
    As legend does on a sort after item, he specifically says only for roll to… Class or so.
    If people keep rolling on all items then pretty soon they are not so welcome into the groups.
    Natural selection

Lisa

Yeah, roll conditions were discussed too, it can just get a bit awkward so I thought I would appeal to people before it got to that point.

Refusal is an option too! 😀

Sthax

I get what you saying Lisa. Not sure if the free for all system should be replaced for something else, as a person should be able to do with his or her loot a he/she pleases and sees fit. That said.

I think that within the guild there aren’t a lot of problems with gear distribution, anyone who doesn’t instantly need an item mostly passes on it. Problems arise usually once puggers get into the raid and ninja everything, because they have no obligation to be social towards our guildies and don’t have to invest in relations, they are free agents.

I’m all for a Need then Greed system. Need beeing, a first roll for people who intend to use it on the toon they currently are playing and can use it in a timely fashion. Greed beeing, if no one needs, people can use it someday along the line because it’s just a cool item just for their collection.

Could implement a roll call: Need roll d111 / Greed d2222
    maybe we can include the puggers and start a culture of informed sharing and create a pattern of giving.

I do however don’t want to be in the situation that we exclude pugger by rolling in guildchat. I had that once in a ravengaurd raid which was utterly arrogant of them. When i confronted them about it they responded that they did the work anyway and i should be gratefull that i could tag along.. (not that that has anything to do with this thread)

well anyway, some ideas.

Lisa

I only wish this were about pugs but it’s not, two guildies sparked the discontent

Sinaefay

I agree with the general consensus, in that you only roll for something that you will make use of now on a final life, and not for a past life only. It is perfectly fine to delineate some guidelines for the rollers on raid loot, as some are useful for alot of classes, and some are very specific (still waiting for that many shottable khopesh here).

Dragavon

On the other hand, as I understand it, this is about someone who has never raided a lot, and may just be really excited about a chance to get raid loot, and does not think any more about it than that.

I would be really careful about calling people greedy. We do not know what other people are thinking when they roll.

IMO, if you decide to not loot an item yourself then you give it up to the gods of random rolls, and you just give it away to highest or lowest roll, whatever you have decided.

Then forget about it.

Forgetting about things is the best way to avoid drama 😀

Lisa

It wasn’t just about someone new to raids 🙂

Sthax

so an ‘Need=(urgency*raids ran)+projected time of use’ multiplier on rolls?
    or just tell the players to stop stealing your shinies >:\ (if it was me! i’m sorry)

Healliona

Good morning.

I had a similar issue a few raids ago after I put an item for roll (thinking that people will apply a roll because this item will improve there current build), and I was really embarrassed to see at least a roll not concerned by this item.

Here is what I decided: Roll for current ED (for raid ofc).

Sébastien.

Legend

Lo

Can’t stop people from rolling for raid loot as like Dag said we don’t really know motivation/intentions and need an element of trust.

Within the guild there is not really an issue, just a few questionable moments where unfortunately might also come down to naivety.

What people need to appreciate is that 80-90% of the group have taken the time to plan gear and therefore their items will go up for roll, at the very least you should also have an idea of items required, so that if an item does drop for u, you give other people the same opportunity they are giving you, how is this not fair.

If you roll for say a trinket in 1 raid and then again in the next, trust me you will need a very good reason to have your roll count in the second.

Even the puggers we raid with regularly are very good and even most lfm ones.

I will always question and educate if required when someone rolls or takes something that just does not make sense ie. gloves for a melee toon are pretty much useless due to Hammerfist (family set) and I would give priority to say a turn class for bracers in thth etc…

If a noticeable pattern does continue I will have a few words.

Chrof

Nicely put legend, fully agree.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us