Home Forums Tricks and Tactics PN how to avoid when targtting by the "blue circle"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Healliona

Good morning,

I have a trouble in PN and I really don’t know how to resolve it:

Sometimes you can be targeted by a succession of blue circles that when hits you deals a deadly amount of damages: It seems to be like a spear that hit you.

I have tried to run + using wings, but unsuccessfully.

I have seen leg (as a tank) being targeted by those circles and avoiding them, but I think I didn’t understood how since I wasn’t able to reproduce that.

Any tip?
    Thank in advance.

Sébastien.

Sthax

Hey Sebas

i think you might confuse two things here. First, the circle is from Zulkis who cast it whenn he teleports on both the spot he leaves and goes. Dmg of the circle is in my experience not that high. Second, I think you got hit by Irk he shoots arrows for 2-4k dmg, which would account for the spear you mention.
    Did you check your log what killed you?

Irk aggro seem to diversify if the tank does not intimidate Irk and makes sure he keeps his aggro. This can be a pain when all bosses are still running about. Sometimes he just starts shooting around eventhough nobody is activly attacking him. This might have been because your healing got his attention.

Hope this helps

Legend

I don’t think I avoid them as don’t have deflect arrows (would need to check), it might just be the damage in proportion to my hp does not show so much but his big sniper shot is still significant damage against a non-tank.

It is the tanks responsibility to grab aggro of Irk, if for whatever reason you do get him just type Irk or something in chat, someone will pick it up and tell tank to go Intim. (hide behind a pillar when type).

Tank should have centre boss, Minotaur and Irk, just give em a few at start to get all.

Healliona

Ho, many thanks for those clarifications, I really appreciate.

I think I was confused because those circles were following me and just after I was hit by this insane spear.

One thing:
    You said:

This might have been because your healing got his attention.

I think I’ve learned something really important but I may be wrong: Does it means that healing can make that you get agro?
    I knew that DPS + CC gives agro but didn’t knew that I always thought it was random or why because you are the closest.
    Is it specfic to raids?

Sébastien.

Sthax

Well i always figured healing would give some mayor aggro as when you take out the healer it is easier to take out the party. So mass heals should generate a good deal of aggro imho. But i’ll ask around if DDO implements it.

Seems I’ve been taking out of my arse. Healing aggro does not exist, according to high-end players. I always thoughed it got drowned out by power creep dps.

Healliona

Thanks, I’ll try too.

When I play with you PN I usually only heal except when constructs or trash come I to an implosion.
    Yesterday I thought I hadn’t used it just before I got agro.

I haven’t any diplo maybe it is a mistake.

Sébastien.

Legend

It could have been a ranged got aggro, died, aggro then resets so tank would need to get again, there was a point where Vif had to come out and grab him again.

I would be impressed in a good way if DDO was intelligent enough to identify group heals as a threat and focus point for mobs to attack, I doubt this is the case though.

Sthax

Seems I’ve been taking out of my arse. Healing aggro does not exist, according to high-end players. I always thoughed it got drowned out by power creep dps. (So with no dps on a boss it would become an issue again.)

But the reset after a kill mechanic is prolly the cause in this case.

Chrof

Yeah the 3 blue circles are from irk, you hear a bell like sound also. As for having irk agro could be as leg said a ranged got agro and died or even inq hit irk by mistake and the automatic diplo effect they have proct and you where closest to him.
    Either way if you get his ago just get out of his line, use a pillar or Paul🤣

Healliona

Good morning.

Many thanks for tips.

The day where devs will implement agro on hea diplo and threat reduction will be incontournable.

I’ll try to hide next time I get Irk agro.

Sébastien.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us