Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Myroar's Monk Ravenloft Monk Gear

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Myror

I was asked about what gear I was planning for my monk Myroar when I surprisingly rolled for Van Richten’s Spectacles. Well I intend it to look like this:

[Silent Avenger Set]

armor: Disciple of the Dawn Clothing: Armor +14, Fortification +202%, Parrying +9, PRR +50, Profane Well Rounded +2, Green slot
    belt: Braided Cutcord, Quality Dodge +4%, Blurry, DEX 19, Quality DEX 4, Green slot
    cloak: Shadowhail Cloak: Hide +22, Move Silently +22, Deception +16/24, Ghostly, Green slot

[Adherent of the Mists Set]

bracers: Lore-Fueled Packbanner; Insight CON +9, PRR +50, Insight Doublestrike +10, Druidic Stoneshape, Green slot
    necklace: Fleetfoot Necklace; Superior Reinforced Fists +1.5(W), Feat: Wind Through the Trees, Natural Armor +20, Wisdom +20, Yellow slot, Green slot
    goggles: Van Richten’s Spectacles; Dexterity +20, Reflex +16, Doubleshot +12, Magical Sheltering +52, Blue slot, Green slot
    ring2: Perfect Pinnacle; Greater Reinforced Fists +1(W), Deadly +16, Stunning +22, Soul of the Elements, Yellow slot
    glaves: Crumbling Gloves; Insight DEX +9, Quality INT +4, Shatter +22, Insight PRR +24, Blue slot

[ Other Named Items ]

head: Executioner’s Helm: Relentless Fury, Insightful Deception +7/11, Seeker 17, Quality Combat Mastery +4, Green slot
    ring1: Ring of Prowess: Melee Power +8, Ranged Power +8, Deadly +14, Accuracy +28, Green slot

[Crafted]

trinket: Cannith; Doublestrike 17, Dodge 15, WIS insight +7
    boots: Slavers: CON 17, devotion 185, vertigo 20, WIS quality +4

This gives the following bonuses (ignoring augments)

Armor 23
    Fortification 202
    Resistance 9 ( + Reflex 16 )
    PRR 94
    MRR 52 ( capped at 50 )
    STR 2 ( I usually augment for +8 )
    DEX 35
    CON 28
    INT 6
    WIS 33
    CHA 2
    Dodge 19 ( can currently only use 13 )
    Concealment 20
    Incorporeal 10 ( + ghost touch )
    Hide 22
    Move Silently 22
    Sneak attack to Hit +16
    Sneak attack to Damage +24
    Sneak attack dice +3
    Doublestrike 42
    Doubleshot 27 (don’t need)
    Reinforced fists 1.5W
    Natural Armor 20
    Deadly 16
    Stunning 26
    Shatter 26
    Vertigo 24
    Seeker 17
    Melee power 18
    Ranged power 18
    Accuracy 28
    Armor piercing 25
    Positive spell power 205
    Healing amp 20

Compared to my current gear I lose Healing Amp 41, Resistance 12, Protection 12 and Spell Resistance 71 (plus some other unimportant stuff). The resistance and protection I can partially replace with augments so only a 4 point loss for each.

The advantage of using a cannith trinket is I can craft have spares to bring back healing amp or spell resistance if I situationally need to.

Also there is also a slightly improved DPS option for less PRR of:

gloves: Molten Silver Gauntlets; Feat: Pierce Silver, Deadly +16, Doublestrike +23, Armor-Piercing +32, Blue slot, Green slot
    trinket: Cannithl Dodge 15, heal amp 61, insight DEX +7

This option increases doublestrike by 6 and armor piercing by 32 for the loss of PRR 24, DEX 2 and WIS 7

I am using the Shadowhail Cloak because I have one. The Invisible Cloak of Strahd is arguably better but I don’t have one. It can be swapped without adversely affecting anything significant.

I’m not using the Fleetfoot Greaves because I don’t think I need them. After update 38 I will probably exclusively be using the Grandmaster of Flowers ED which means I don’t need the ghostly to get ghost touch and the incorporeal loss is not that big a deal because of the intermitent (if I remember it) incorporeal 25 from Ninja Spy. The lost Speed XV I will replace with Blinding Speed which will replace Epic Reflexes which GMOF can replace (perfection of body I think its called). The GMOF has a core that is nearly as good as FOM. The Reflex 16 and Natural Armor 19 are duplicated on other items (goggles and necklace).

Of the above items I am missing Van Richten’s Spectacles and Perfect Pinnacle.

I would also like (for options) Molten Silver Gauntlets and The Invisible Cloak of Strahd

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us