Home Forums General Mantraxs' first EEs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

A big thankyou to Jan, Lisa, So, Vidar and Mark for having Mantrax along on his first EE (my first EE as a DC caster) last night in GH

We had two Divines along which was fortunate as I realised this morning in my rush to take L25, swap my gear and get to the quest I forgot my Heavy Fort item – i thought the mobs were hitting harder than normal (i think i took near 500 damage from one of the red names – luckily Mantrax isnt squishy)

– it cant have been much fun healing a 25% Fort/ 0 amped WF in EE, so thank you ladies for your patience.

I have remedied the Fort issue and will look at ways to get some amp I promise 🙂

Thank you to Jan for the arcane advice during the quest – whilst Im no stranger to EEs on Nannabot, I am EE newb on an arcane.

As we all know the step from EH to EE is not a step at all – its a giant leap and nothing can prepare you as a melee or Divine for the potential of huge ammounts of incoming damage, the same can be said for the saves a DC caster faces.
    We are spoilt in EH as virtually every CoD or Mass Hold lands, however even with extensive debuffing id say I was personally seeing much less than 50% success. It seemed every multi-mob engagement was like this

Hypno
    Crushing Despair
    CoD – save (woooooo noise-i heard that a lot)
    Hypno
    Mass Hold
    ED
    FoD

And still some of the mobs were either alive or moving.

I found the only truely reliable source of CC to be Ottos

Luckily Jan was on Nalfey so his experience was an immense help.

I was interested to see how it would compare to being on Nannabot – two totally different styles.

How I see it, the Wizard role is a proactive thinking role – spell choice, CC zones, debuffs, aggro management whereas the Cleric is about quick reactions, careful positioning, reading the engagement to pre-empt damage spikes, situation recovery.

I enjoy both immensely

I still believe that EE on a Divine is the ultimate experience and as ever would recommend everyone try it.

Why? – Self imposed responsibilty.

Most Divines will place the success/ failure of the quest upon their shoulders – we all know its a team responsibilty and everyone has a important role but (certainly in my case) if Im healing and everyone dies then i cant help but think that theres only one person to blame – myself

The strange thing is I KNOW that if I ever had an EE wipe on Nannabot that no Sword would blame me- same as if I died on Mantrax last night I would only blame myself and not one of the Divines..

Its this sense of responsibilty that makes healing EE a thrill.

I have a way to go to yet to learn how to be most effective, but that will hopefully come with practice

In the end we completed both Trial and Maze successfully and fun was had by all.

A very skilled group.

Many thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us