Home Forums General In need of some ideas

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Clarice

Hi All,
    Clarice is on her last life before Completionist, and i am unsure what to be, the original plan a long time ago was to be a cleric but i am not so sure now. I have 3 greemsteel dorf axes and a couple of greensteel bows, and it feels hard not to incorporate the use of them into the build. The point of posting here is to see if anyone has any ideas. This doesn’t guarantee i will use anyones idea but it may just help me work out what to do after this long journey.

Clar

Lisa

I wouldn’t let GS weapons sway your decision, they’re not even remotely top end any more. Go with the class you want to be 🙂

CaT

That is a very important decision. With the Enhancement pass right after the corner (well maybe not that but real close anyway) I wouldn’t take any hasty decisions otherwise I would like to play a Juggernaut 😉

Turbine’s forums are down but snag the page from Google cache:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gjpqIVpozI0J:https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/404822-The-Juggernaut-Prime-of-the-Warforged+site:ddo.com/forums+Juggernaut&cd=3&hl=ro&ct=clnk&gl=ro

Domend

Thats a hard decision indeed. First of all i wouldnt go for a Jugger since its a build that requires amazingly a lot of gear to be fun to play with . People that only have 1-2 chars can go for a Jugger since they can give him a lot of time to gather the proper gear. Requires a lot of good weapons and farm for their upgrades / haste clickies / displace clickies / lot of ED xp etc etc . U might get them eventually but since u have a lot of chars that need attention i would highly recommend to avoid it.
    Enhancement changes are not final yet but there are some classes that are getting nice buffs on them so far and u could fit it a build based on them like the paladins.
    Except from a caster i am considering 3 Classes worthy of taking the Completionist feat : Paladin/Monk/Artificer.
    I do remember u had an other char Arti but with the so far Enhancements a pure Arti completionist build would be in my opinion a very strong char. ( a couple of extra ranger or/and sorc past lives also help. )
    With the current Epic Destinies i would only consider going a Monk if u like to play in Grandmaster of Flowers since a lot of monks go for Primal Avatar but with Primal completionist seems a total waste to me . A Grandmaster on the other hand with high DC’s stun/tacticals/EiN ( Grandmaster Moment ) along with Extremely high saves seems like a very nice choise.
    Last but not least given the current new Enhancement releases Paladins are getting very nice buff dps wise so a paladin build seem to be appropriate for a good melee dps multiclass build. U can have a lot of options on this part so if u decide to consider more about it can analyze more about it since it requires more thought.

Finally 3 Tips before u decide :
    1) Decide if u wanna do extra lives , since a Completionist only feat wont get u there with some classes.
    2) Decide what type melee / ranged or both depending what u like to play and enjoy more.
    3 ) Decide what Epic Destiny u would like to play with . U can ofc change destinies depending the quest but i would strongly suggest to take a pick before make a decision for the final build since destinies is like 50% of a characters Effectiveness right now. Gear / Feats choises depend on the destiny u chooose.

Sinaefay

I can only concur with what Dom and Lisa said, and that you should go with a class (or classes if multi-classing) that you find fun to play, and that you feel that you can put in more love into with additional lives, new gear and additional time spent on to get those things.

Ryan

First off, gratz on near completionist – an admirable achievement.

I had a nice long post written but something went wrong and I lost it all.

So I’ll echo whats said above (particularly the “play the class you enjoy the most” part)

Things to consider –

Do you mostly solo or group?
    Do you mostly prefer melee, casting or support type play?
    Do you want EE viability as a DC caster?

At the end of the day no matter what you choose you can TR again if you’re not happy

Clarice

Thank you for the posts. A little more background then. Levelling below 16 I tend to solo, but for me ddo has always been a game to play with friends, now a lot of my original ddo friends have left the game, but I am hopefully and happily finding a lot of new and great friends here in the spellswords, my welcome here could not have been greater, except for an incident which I may come back to.
    When playing my greatest buzz is helping the group, probably why I have 2 fvs and 2 clerics. I love the buzz of working as a team to complete a quest, raid, idea together.
    The original plan for clarice was to make the best healer ever, and it was going to be 3 fvs 3 cleric 3 sorc, 3 wiz lives but somewhere it changed to being a completionist, mainly due to my bad health, and the fact I was better soloing as I couldn’t guarantee not to pass out mid quest etc. I also stopped raiding due to these issues occasionally joining when my health was at its best. I was also lucky to have a couple of understanding friends who would join me when they could and understood my issues, thank you Rob.
    My health has improved enough for me to request rejoining SS and to start grouping and raiding again, Although at the end of some raid nights I feel like I have done a full day of exercise and work.
    As you may have noticed my first flagged for raid was my divines and the easy monk ;p but after “the incident” I am doubting whether I should play divines as the comments where quite harsh and direct.
    Well sorry for all the teXt still thinking what to make and maybe the above insight might help you help me choose.

Clar

Domend

If every person in this guild and outside the guild that has done one two or three mistakes only inside Fall of Truth Considered a roll over i wouldnt not have enough people to go to a 6 man quest not a raid. Everyone does mistakes some more often than others the point of doing mistakes is to learn and to fix them . There is no * perfect * player neither will ever be. Even after 40 or 60 completions occasionally u gonna do mistakes. Thats the human nature and whoever doesnt understand that prolly fits in a capsule in the Moon not around us 🙂
    When Ryan started playing his healer a lot more and explored more and more of the content of the game first tip i gave him was people WILL DIE. Its not about the skills it will happen there are so many aspects of this game as it is now that can one shoot everyone. My 1350 HP hyper tank got one shot from Truthfull in one breath at 100% HP with no chance of using Lay on myself if i had around 1600 hp i might have survived 🙂 And then again the game would have found a new way to kill me . This is a new reality specially after Menace came and its going strong with every patch or update.
    Since i have to stop typing now dont let people get to u unless they actually are there to help u . Everyone can judge but truth is that they prolly doing it either to feel good for theirselves or because they wanna cover up their own mistakes. The hard thing is to find the flaws and help into them being fixed.
    And at this point i would suggest u put this behind and focus on ur Completionist Choise 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Or i might have to send Rob to bash u a bit u know how he is 😀

Ryan

I wasnt at the incident Colin so cant really comment on it but would echo what H (Dom) said.

Being a Divine requires a thick skin sometimes. Whatever wad said may have been a heat of the moment thing. Dont dwell on it if can help it – I had a run in with Guilda de Portugal in an EH Imposs Demands. I felt I was unjustly abused and never managed to put it behind me and feel very bitter about it and as such I never run with that guild if I can help it. Dont be like me.

People will die, sometimes it will be your fault, sometimes it will be their fault and sometimes it is no one’s fault.

To your OP

My current endgame main is my Cleric Nannabot. I love playing him and I’m happiest when in Epic Elite – its a thrill like no other to heal EE (as I’m sure you will agree).

BUT Nannabot is a first lifer – I cant help but get the feeling that completionist is a bit wasted on a Cleric when a gimp like Nannabot can do EE ok. (Plus without multiple Wiz and FvS PLs you always be just a healbot in in EE – which I dont mind personally but its something to consider)

Its a hard call to make

The way I would approach this is as follows…

Which class requires the most stats and would benefit from all the past lives?

Answer… MONK! rofl.

It’s great to see you back in the swords.

This is what Bash has to say about it…

“Wif 36 points I wood make a HORC fighter!! Tink about it!! Wif 36 points you can add 36 points to 10 starting points in strength. Dat give you 75 str!!! You no need anyfing else! Even little sissy finger wiggling elves would be jealous of you! Dey need majik but you can wiggle fingers and mobs does be dying from FEAR! To quote my good friend…

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.”

Plaguemaster

I would wait til the enchantment pass to be sure which way to go to be honest.

Apart from that the Sithali build i saw on the forums looked insanely fun.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/405243-Sithali-King-of-Burst-DPS-%2812Mnk-6Rgr-2Ftr%29?s=c8abac54e09422dfaae3c70a5518e775

CaT

Nice mate! I bet Nath would love this if she didn’t tried it already 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us