Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Furiyen's 'PDK' Paladin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Furiyen

I’ve been asked a number of times in Guild chat for my Paladin build, so here’s a post on the basics and some comments on how I play him.

PDK – Paladin 20 – Fatesinger Destiny

12 STR – 08 DEX – 18 CON – 08 INT – 08 WIS – 18 CHA
    All level ups into CHA

Feats
    THF, ITHF, GTHF, Power Attack, IC: Slash, Quicken, Toughness
    Child of the Divine, Beloved of the Divine, Overwhelming Crit
    Epic DR, Epic Toughness, PTWF, PTHF, Dire Charge, Scion of Arborea

Note: My character has access to +8 Tomes to qualify for feats.

Enhancements
    Knight of the Chalice – 44AP
    C Slayer of Evil I
    C Courage of Heaven I
    C Slayer of Evil II
    C Courage of Heaven II
    C Slayer of Evil III
    C Champion of Good
    1 Holy Combatant
    1 Improved Strikethrough (3 Ranks)
    1 Improved Sunder (3 Ranks)
    2 Adept Combatant
    2 Divine Might (3 Ranks)
    2 Exalted Cleave
    2 Divine Might (3 Ranks)
    2 Melee Power Boost (3 Ranks)
    3 Holy Combatant
    3 Charisma
    4 Knights Training
    4 Charisma
    4 Censure Demons
    4 Vigor of Life
    4 Improved Turn Undead (1 Rank)
    5 Ascendancy
    5 Holy Retribution
    5 Censure Outsiders
    5 Avenging Cleave
    5 Vigor of Life

Sacred Defender – 34AP
    C Holy Bastion
    C Sacred Defense
    C Divine Righteousness
    C Redemption
    C Glorious Stand
    1 Durable Defense (3 Ranks)
    1 Sacred Armour Mastery (3 Ranks)
    1 Extra Lay on Hands (3 Ranks)
    2 Resilient Defense (3 Ranks)
    2 Bulwark Aura (3 Ranks)
    3 Charisma
    3 Hardy Defense (3 Ranks)
    3 Resistance Aura (3 Ranks)
    4 Charisma
    4 Swift Defense
    4 Tenacious Defense (3 Ranks)

Purple Dragon Knight – 3AP
    C Melee Power Boost
    1 Cormyrean Knight Training

Note: You will need a +1 Racial AP tome for this enhancement setup.

Destiny – Fatesinger
    6 Turn the Tide
    5 Charisma
    5 Bladesong
    5 5th Harmonic Chord
    4 Charisma
    4 Martial Hymn
    3 Charisma
    3 Grim Fate (3 Ranks)
    2 Charisma
    2 Bound fate (3 Ranks)
    1 Charisma
    1 First Harmonic Chord (3 Ranks)

Twists
    3 – Meld into Darkness
    2 – Confront Any Foe
    1 – Improved Power Attack
    1 – A Dance of Flowers
    1 – Legendary Tactics

Gear List:
    Legendary Enforcers Plate
    The Family’s Blessing
    Legendary Hammerfist
    Bloodrage Chrism
    Brightlord, Sigil of the Flame
    Legendary Collective Sight (Enh CON +21, Ins CHA +10)
    Cloak of the City’s Champion
    Legendary Celestial Ruby Ring (Enh STR +21)
    Circle of Malevolence
    Legendary Sunken Slippers (Qua CHA +5)
    Legendary Mask of the Vulkoorim
    Slavers Belt (Sheltering +45, Devotion +185, Shatter +20, Qua CON +4)
    – I currently have a total of +14 Mythic MP and +6 Mythic PRR/MRR

Weapons:
    Reflection of Blackrazor
    Constellation, Cursed Blade

Filigree List
    Reflection of Blackrazor
    1 Prowess: +5 MP
    2 Prowess: +1 STR
    3 Prowess: +1 Attack/Damage
    4 Prowess: +3 PRR
    5 Prowess: +3 MRR
    6 Long Shadow: +5 MP
    7 Long Shadow: +1 Attack/Damage
    8 Next Fall: +5MP

Brightlord, Sigil of the Flame
    1 RAID: One Against Many / Sucker Punch: +4 MP / +2 STR
    2 One Against Manay: +5MP
    3 Sucker Punch: +5MP

Constellation
    1 Sanctified Fervour: +5 MP
    2 Sanctified Fervour: +2 Smite Evil
    3 Sanctified Fervour: +10 Healing Amp
    4 Sanctified Fervour: +3 PRR
    5 Sanctified Fervour: +1 Wisdom
    6 Treachery: +5 MP
    7 Treachery: -50% Threat Reduction
    8 Next Fall: +5MP

All filigree’s are rare versions adding PRR and MRR.

Blackrazor is my primary weapon, I use Constellation for SF +25MP 1 minute buff and for Raid Bosses where I have to be more careful with threat.

Core DPS is through Dire Charge, Holy Retribution and then Double Cleave for most situations, with maybe an extra Confront Any Foe used. If I need to up the output, I’ll use a PDK Melee Power Boost for +70MP on top of the other stuff I have triggering.

If I need to go full out DPS, I’ll make sure I have SF boost and then hit Turn the Tide and a KotC Melee Power Boost. If everything must absolutely die in seconds, then I’ll start spamming Confront Any Foe charges.

As Confront Any Foe is an AoE triple hit with change to double strike, being able to spam it with no cooldown is absolutely ferocious DPS output.

And this is why PDK works so well, as the synergy for CHA Hit/Damage with Greatsword, CHA based DCs for Dire Charge and Holy Retribution, and CHA-based Turn charges for Confront Any Foe

There’s also a lot of powerful secondary synergies in the build, sky high CHA feeds into really big LoH, making self-healing somewhat possible in High Reaper in emergencies and you have sky high Saves. I also like being able to drop EDF and still have +20% HP from stance so that you I can throw ranged Heals in Reaper.

With my defenses, I have no problem soloing R4 Quests, and occasionally I would drop in Divine Crusader to do so. I also have no problem joining R8+ quests, but like any melee use of Meld is key as well CC and Tactical Fighting.

Last note: I have a lot of past lives on Furiyen, mainly triple Heroic lives that benefit Melee in some way as well as Epic Completionist. This all helps improve survivability primarily.

Enjoy.

And now that PDK Paladin is the new popular, I’m gonna find a new Hipster build that no one is playing 😀

Sthax

Thnx for the write up, GL with looking for the new build, imma drop my main char into to something similar to this for the time being, while I ‘hipsterize’ the others.

Palna

Thanks mate, pretty similar to what I use but I got Precision and stunning blow instead of the divine feats.

Why don’t you take quicken from fatesinger? Would free up a feat for something Else, but I don’t know what… Extra turning maybe, for more caf.

Going to do an epic life soon, gonna try Maul/Silvanus before they nerf…

Healliona

Haaa finally found it:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/506448-Reaper-Endgame-THF-Paladin

I know that Alci is looking for such build.
    Seb.

Furiyen

@Palna – Either is cool, I just wanted to go all in on CHA so dumped Stunning Blow, and hitting near enough 100% Fort Bypass without Precision so decided to add a little extra damage more.

@Seb – Yep, I had a pretty similar build already before swapping to PDK, and I’ve run mutliple different destinies on a Paladin since the ED changes last year really. I tested Fatesinger before on my Turn Paladin build, for example.

Unfortunately I got caught up in the excitement of the Reaper Push raids and so I’ve now ended up with a cookie cutter build, and not only that a race that I find visually unappealing.

I forgot the value of running something unique and fun for me, instead of running whatever everyone else thinks is ‘best DPS’ or ‘best choice’ or whatever. So I’ll be parking Furiyen for a while, I’ll bring him out for Raids and some reaper runs, but he’ll be facing a TR wheel soon enough.

Legend

I agree is not worth taking stunning blow on a Char build and will not miss it at all, having PA active over Precision also better with thf, especially if hitting that armor piercing.

If you can’t reach that lvl then Imp Sunder is worth taking over precision, if you twist in sundering swings from LD it is amazingly effective, mobs dr just disappears.

Palna

I obviously disagree, since I seem to end up with SB on all my characters… 😀

You can make both useful. Maybe especially easy now with Divine Might and CKT stacking, but I found it hard to gear at cap, or at least it is for me with low RAP and few pastlifes. With the new items I hit a decent number, can’t remember exactly but it was pretty effective. Looking at the outcry Tronko caused on the mobo, you would think it was even easier to get “no fail”…

For leveling SB is a great ability though, in particular with strikethrough and this time I had planned to do a ER fairly quickly after capping.

Anyways, it’s just preference since the basis of the character is the same.

Why are so many gravitating towards Fatesinger, is it the high melee power or is it Turn the Tide?

Chrof

Unfortunately I got caught up in the excitement of the Reaper Push raids and so I’ve now ended up with a cookie cutter build, and not only that a race that I find visually unappealing.

I forgot the value of running something unique and fun for me, instead of running whatever everyone else thinks is ‘best DPS’ or ‘best choice’ or whatever. So I’ll be parking Furiyen for a while, I’ll bring him out for Raids and some reaper runs, but he’ll be facing a TR wheel soon enough.

Your not at all forced to run this build if its not fun for you Matt.
    As long as the dps, defence and or other usefulness are on paar with what’s required to do high reapers (if that’s what you enjoy)
    It’s a game and should be fun, don’t let others make it not fun for you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us