Home Forums Creative Corner Fun with Alchy

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sthax

Hey guildies,

Been pondering and tinkering around with alchemy stuff and came up with some ideas to try.

First off, the straight-up pure alchemy with darts/throwing daggers, healing or spell focused. gonna roll my main into a pure Alchy INT dagger thrower.
    But I think there are some interesting class splits viable for fun and maybe even synergy.

With the Int focus and bonus feats Alchy brings any Int focussed build might benefit. So here are some ideas, feel free to add to them. Splash levels seem to be 2 for insight reflex, 5 for AP trees, 12 for DPS and utility in spells, 15 for all spells and 16 to grab that extra bonus feat. The spells from alchy seem to be worth getting for buffs, spell DPS and dc. I’m not to fond of the higher stones in the tree’s, but they might still change on live.

Some first ideas to test:

1. Drinking-Assassin
    12 alchemy / 6 rogue / 2 monk – dagger-wielding int based with vendetta from vistani and monk stance for extra crit multi + all the extra buffs from alchemy and vile tree. How enhancements are distributed is yet to experienced. might be fun on my main, as he can get away with wierd stuff due to past lives.

2. Palemaster-Healer
    5 Wiz / 15 Alchy – Healing and support bot – undead with healing stuff and some CC. because we can now. split AP’s between Alchy healing and spell tree + palemaster. Fun with good neg/pos dmg. will turn my raid healer into this.

3. TBD
    3 Bard / 15 Alchy / maybe splash 2 arti | Swashbuckler thrower dart, or throwing dagger.

and ofc the inq rumor to be best DPS !? not sure how but prolly by stacking all the dmg for poison on the many attacks. If that’s the case a Dex based Shuri combo might be cool beans too.
    Anyway, to test I’ve made the next set up. It should be good defense and attack with some support and utility thrown in there. This build should work really well from 15 onward, getting IPS and the good buffs,heals and trapping. (have to check if negative spellpower works on poison spelldmg, that would really explain the wiz in this build) AP’s have be figured out a bit. Could also work well with a throwing dagger set up, then could drop arti for more wiz and 16 arti and invest in Vile tree more and vistani over inq.

I will try this on my former Shuri chucker.

15 alchy 3 wiz 2 arti // INQ Zombie - Shadow dancer
    Deep gnome

INT/CON/dex (to get 21 at epic. no wis needed)
    loads of skill points
    trapping umd haggle etc etc 

!!!focus 21 dex at lvl 20
    wiz /arti 2x / 12 alchy (to get 11 bab for imp precise shot, 
    did not make it to 11 bab at 15, so 18 is IPS)/ wiz 2x / 3x alchy  

NORMAL FEATS 7
    (1)point blank shot
    (3)precision
    (6)rapid shot
    (9)thougness
    (12)sneak of shadows
    (15)imp crit ranged
    (18)imp precise shot

ALCHY BONUS 3

(7)precise shot
    (12)Liquid Courage (lvl 8)
    (15)liquid luck - lvl 12 evasion

ALCHY FREE
    insight reflex
    Multitude of Missiles
    Resistances to Natural Poison
    Alchemy on the Run

WIZ BONUS 1

(1) quicken? 

ARTI FREE
    rapid reload
    rune arm

enhancements (

11 Harper for KTA and int to dmg
    6 pm for zombie form, can go 11 for extra neg dmg on hit
    6 ek for spellsword and defense
    41 inq
    16 alchy vile 

Sthax

ok heads up! Spellsword from EK and the Posoin buff from Alchy DO NOT STACK! they are exclusive from each other.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us