Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Frozen + Dance of Death build

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Grugno

I really like The Frozen Fury attack (Warchanter tier 3): 6 sec cooldown, high DC (you can reach 90+ maxing CHA and INT and using Cormyrean Knight Training and Know the Angles) and proc offhand attacks while TWF.
    It really shines with Dance of Death.
    I’ve tried a TWF bard15/ranger5 build with Dance of Death, and actually I’ve capped a SWF bard12/ranger5/rogue3 (DoD works with any fighting style, and Growing Storm too…)

SWF offers a better critical profile (via swashbuckling) and more doublestrike (+15% legendary shield mastery), and little more defense (even without stance).

At the moment, I’ve equipped:
    Helm: +10 Cha (waiting for Sightless…)
    Goggles: Intricate field optics (will swap)
    Necklace: Shroud of the Ardent (meh… but I want more hamp)
    Trinket: Epic Litany
    Amor: Killer Shadowscale
    Bracers: Convalescent bracers of Parrying
    Cloak: Adamantine cloak of the wolf / Mysterious cloak
    Belt: Battlerager’s Harness
    Gloves: Sanctified Gages
    Ring: Consuming Darkness EE (+5 combat mastery)
    Ring :Epic Eye of the Beholder
    Boots: Epic Boots of the Innocent (+12 stun)
    Weapon: TF tier 3
    Shield: Kobold Admiral Tiller
    Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity

The best freeze DC can be reached in Crusader, but LD is better DPS (with DoD you can charge blitz in a few seconds) and offers the best synergies (Combat Brute and Legendary Tactics). In LD I use the twists: Sense Weakness, Lithe (27% dodge and 100+ PRR), Legendary Shield Mastery, Rej Cocoon (4-2-2-1).

I am pleased with this build, but I want to improve.
    I am thinking of going again TWF. Mainly because I like the TOEE set bonus: +20 melee power is a great boost… And I want Balanced attacks.
    Freeze + Balanced attacks + Sense Weakness + Combat Brute + Haste & Damage boost LOL

How to counter the loss of swashbuckling?
    Equip warhammers and going INT to damage via Harper tree? But the Freeze DC will suffer…
    Or drop precision and criticals and equip bastard swords for more BDR and power attack?

Sinaefay

How does swashbuckling boost freeze dc, if you dont go int to dmg from harper tree?

Grugno

Swashbuckling boost dps only. But while swashbuckling I can use shortsword, and Cormyrean Knight Training (+1/3 CHA mod to freeze DC, stacks with +1/2 INT mod to DC via Know the Angles). So max CHA and then INT.
    With 58 CHA and 42 INT I got 80 (10+24+8+8+6+12+5+1+6).

Sinaefay

I see. I dont think your DPS will be noticeable lower with TWF, as the off hand procs do count for alot.
    In the end, it totally depends on which style you prefer, IMO. If TWF is more fun, go with that 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us