Home Forums Creative Corner Fighter build ideas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dave

I’m considering bringing changing my useless bard that hasn’t been used for a long time other than for crafting to a fighter again and wondered what suggestions people had for this? I haven’t really got a clue where to start on this one as the fighter life was done as my first one many years ago, but have found this ( https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/494496-Strimtom-s-Vanguide-An-Endgame-guide-to-playing-Fighter-Vanguard ) that I was considering as a starting point. I know that most of the equipment on this will be out of date!

The only past lives this one has are 1x fighter and the current bard life and whatever epic I can get.

Legend

For Vanguard you can now use a D Axe or B Sword and the THF line, this gives you very high attack speed from enhancements, an auto shield bash and very high doublestrike.
    You can gear it right to make up for lack of past lives.
    The enhancement split of Kensai and Vangaurd looks good.
    I would also go Human for the extra feat, at least 1 of his listed feats is not needed.
    Kimisc just completed one, would ask him what dps is like.

Sthax

not sure why strim is saying it will be 1-shot in r8, it should perform better than that I think.

Dragavon

I dont think Strimtom is anywhere near as good a player as you Ewoud :p

Oups, sorry, I think I did something wrong there and instead of quoting Ewoud I edited his message.

Clumsy moderating there 😀

/slaps fingers

(edited both Ewoud’s and Dag’s posts/Jan)

Furiyen

I think my you’ll be fine with that build, T5 Kensai / Capstone Vangaurd is the right way to go.

My only suggestion would be to consider squeezing out 3 AP of Kensai, and getting a Racial AP tome, so that you would have a total of 7 AP to spend on the Racial Tree. That would then open up the option to go Aasimar and get regenerating Healing Hands for self-healing.

I’m not sure how much DPS A Good Death (15s CD) and Deadly Strike (20s CD) really add overall, but you could drop Weapon Master or Shattering strike for the 3rd AP point. You should absolutely keep One with the Blade and Keen Edge, these are must haves.

Other than that, the post says go LD which is all well and good, but since your not using Defender stance, you also have the option of going FotW. All of the ‘THF’ options in the tree work with BSword or DAxe as long as you have the THF feat line like Leg mentioned above, and this includes things like Strong Swings providing you 25MP instead of 10MP.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us