Home Forums Guild Diary Epic Raids 21/12/12 @ 7pm + CiTW tactics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Legend

Start with EH Velah (EE von 5 if group built for it), then zerg EN CITW, then a leet shroud, will prob then go onto a EH Queen for those that wish to stay.

The EH CiTW was a bit taxing so we switched to EN for now as still good item drops, the last EN was also rather taxing, please find a few points below as to how this raid works.

– When on Lloth you must check your combat log or dice rolls, as it is very easy to swing away and not hit her at all or hit her at irregular intervals, this is all about positioning yourself until you see you normal hit numbers come up at the correct rate.

– Up to the end fight Mistresses must always die last, as you are more than likely aware they will use a trash mobs to re-heal themselves to full, once this is done they have a high dr lvl so if a trash mob is missed and is used for the re-heal, if there are other mistresses around hit them instead until the dr has gone from previous.

– Stay grouped in these fights unless you are a very self suff build ie. PM, Pally tank, Ranger with decent heals etc…. this enable the healer/s to easily mass, there is only one large mistress fight where this really applies.

– On the way up to the second portal I have recently found it is best to pull all mobs from below ramp to the top by portal and to bb/mass kill etc… (mistresses last), will state at time.

– END FIGHT – If you kill Portal keepers all other trash mobs in area will turn into portal keepers, do not do this! again all trash must be cleared first from someone pulling (just needs 1), then any mistresses are killed, then kill the portal keepers when they are only mobs left, this also applies to the fight near the barrier, 1 pulls, all trash are dealt with, then mistresses, then if 2 remaining portal keepers kill them at roughly same time, if 1 person is hitting the portal keepers it is normally for the reason to take aggro so rest can clear.

– Bring Remove Curse Pots

There might be a few points i have missed, a few others in guild know raid well and tricks if they can post below i can amend/add to this accordingly.

No sign-ups, will put shout out in guild chat at 7pm and 7:15pm on Friday, will invite any that respond.

Sinaefay

Normal vendor remove curse potions and guild vendor remove curse potions dont share cooldown, allowing you to remove curses alot faster.

Myror

Wow, I didn’t know that about curse pots. That could save me from a few future deaths!

Myror

As a further tip for knowing if you are hitting Lloth. If there is light monk in there meleeing, he should be putting healing curse on Lloth. That way all meleers should see the little green heal they get when they strike her. If you’re not seeing those numbers on every swing, then either the monk is not hitting her or you are not.

These numbers from healing curse are a lot easier to see then damage numbers. Green heal numbers are always right in front of you. They’ll be +1 or +2 if you don’t have any healing amp, more if you do. Whereas damage numbers are over here head so often obscured by a .. um .. rather large view obstruction.

Ryan

Thank you for having me along on my Cleric.

I enjoyed VoN 5 & 6

CiTW was a lot tougher than I expected mostly due to the spacing and my inexperience at using my keyboard to select the people on F7 to F12 keys) – getting thrown off didnt help (i think both Cat and I got thrown off together at one point – ty for the rezzes)

Luckily we had Cat along as an experienced healer who did a super job.

Sorry I couldnt stay on for Shroud but my kids were playing up and as my wife was out I had to deal with it.

Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us