Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Endgame gear

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Grugno

Hi all,

Finally i’ve reached level 25 with Grugno. Now it’s time to optimize my gear 🙂
    I’m a druid 17/ftr2/wiz1, ED Fury of the Wild / Primal Avatar.
    Feats: THF line, Power Attack, Impr Crit Slashing, Quicken, Overwhelming Critical.

I’m actually equipped with:
    Helm – White Dragon Helm
    Goggles – Drow smoke goggles (mainly for seeker +6)
    Necklace – Jorgundal’s Collar EH
    Trinket – Shamanic Fetish
    Armor – Flawless White Dragonplate (to augment…)
    Cloak – Cloak of Flames Tier 3
    Belt – Greensteel +45hp concordant opposition
    Bracers – +20% healing amp
    Gloves – PDK gloves
    Ring 1 – +10% fortification, resistance +7
    Ring 2 – Seal of House Szind
    Boots – Cannith Boots of Propulsion
    Weapon – Skybreaker / Elemental Greataxe fo Fire

I’m aiming to get: Cleaver Hewer of Suffering, Planar Focus of Prowess, ESoS (shard needed :P), Jorgundal’s Collar EE (XD)…
    Any suggestion for boots/goggles/rings/bracers? Dream visor looks fantastic but how can i get seeker if i drop the drow goggles?
    How about augments?
    Any advice is welcome!

Legend

Lo Grug

Your gear is pretty much end game at the mo, some pretty nice, few suggestions on what could get.

PRR (Phys Res Rating) is gr8 to mitigate damage, put 14 on your armor in blue slot, and then with the combo on the Planar Focus of Prowess, 14 on armor and armor itself, nice prr, I use both on my monk for robes, reduces damage by 20% per hit!

Dream Visor is very nice with this combo, I myself had the problem though of getting seeker from another source, I ended up going with the Red Cormyrian Plate for +10, the ONLY viable option you could take for a half decent seeker is epic ring of the stalker, would replace your ‘ring 1’ with it.

Would not bother with upgrade from eh to ee Collar, eh is fine.

Green slot in Helm and Blue slot in Cloak – Resist +7 and +35 hp.
    Bracers – Presume these are of Superior Parrying – Should keep these.
    Rings – Epic Stalker and Seal of House Szind
    Boots – Halcyon Boots are pretty Handy

Another option:
    Swap PDK Gauntlets for Gauntlets of Immortality w/Archmagi and +2 con on slots, can then put +7 str in another colour slot (helps lot more if are half decent healer at mo) only lose 30% heal amp.
    then have spare ring slot from Szind to perhaps Avithoul – will give u nice extra damage from sneak, imp deception is also very good, or another ring.

This imo would be true end game but only if you have put some effort into a healing mode on toon at present.

Ryan

Hello Grugno

Finding space for all the things we want is tricky (having rwcently struggled with the same problem on Nannabot and Mantrax)

A few thoughts from me –

Sham Fet – I guess your using this for Devotion only? (I dont know what spells Druids have)

If so, you get a decent Potency boost from you Szind ring (80?) so in theory you can swap it for something else for only a small loss – in EH this loss wont matter as EH tends to be steam rolled these days. In EE you’ll either have a Divine keeping you up or you can re equip the Fet.

If you regularly run EE then a Ring of Shadows is a great thing to use – seeing those “misses” glag up in EE is wonderous to behold (I cant remember what colour slot it has, but it does have one iirc)

To fit it in you could lose your other ring and get you Resist and Fort from Augment slots – on a side note I am living proof that Fort isnt a “must have” effect having run several EEs whist forgetting to equip my Fort item 🙂

Your healing amp looks nice. Normally I might say dont be in a rush to give it up for the sake of a little bit extra dps but you have a self suff build so its not so important as you can top yourself up when needed.

Bracers of Twisting shade are an ok item and Treads for your feet?

Not the greatest of advice but hope its a little help.

Edit added. As Legend suggedted, the gauntlets are a nice item and can be upgrade slotted – with these you could lose your Fet and hot swap your Szind once youve used the extra Spell Points that it offers (unless you need the Pen it gives)

Grugno

Thanks for the advice!
    I’ve already slotted the white armor with 14 PRR (with the bonus augment from ddo store). I think it’s one of the most useful augm 😉
    The cannith challenge ring seems like a great idea!
    I could go for Ring of the Stalker (seeker+6 and ghostly) and Bracers of Twisting shade EE (Resistance +7, Blurry, Exc Seeker +5). My bracers actually don’t have Superior Parrying (got Heightened Awareness 4 on cloak).
    I love the healing amp boost, seems me very useful with quickened regen.

A Strength Planar Focus of Prowess and Cleaver would make me happy 🙂
    When I find them, the Gauntlets of Immortality will be an excellent replacement for PDK gloves and trinket 😉

Again, many thanks for suggestions.

Ryan

Just a correction to what I said

Szind ring offers Potency 68 not 80.

I was getting it mixed up with my Seven Ideals Belt which does offer Potency 80.

Grugno

Yeah, Szind it’s not so attractive…
    And yes, I use Shamanic Fetish for Devotion only 😉
    Ring of Shadows is great but I can get Blurry from Bracers of Twisting Shade and Ghostly from Ring of the Stalker.

A dodge bonus would also be nice… 🙂

What about Rock Boots? Yellow and Colorless slot, Inherent 10 Acid and corrosion/superior acid lore (for Storm of Vengeance? Bah…)

Regarding spells, except buffs I use Body of the Sun (yes, it’s fire but on opponents without fire res/immunity it deals a lot of damage – i love this spell!) and Greater Creeping Cold (with Silver Ingot Arcanum) to strike at distance.

Ryan

Aha, Rock Boots! Id forgotten about them. I thinj I’ll make myself a pair for Mantrax. Thank you for the reminder.

What about this as an option to retain bracer / amp slot.

Ring of shadows slotted with resist 7
    Bloodstone for seeker (very old skool – dig that retro look)
    Bracer slot for Amp and Parrying

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us