Home Forums General Elder Scrolls Online – any Spellswords doing the Beta?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Rhian

I am trying to get into the Beta of TESO.

Anyone else going there, too?

Any plans in general that Spellswords are opening up a guild over there?

And don’t worry. I won’t turn my back on DDO. Since it’s free to play, anyway, I can pop in whenever I want 🙂

Rhian

Argante

First I’ve heard of this, strange as I get the Elder Scrolls feed on Facebook. Could you post details of the application process please?

Myror
    CaT
    Ryan

All of my gaming time (which isnt much due to RL) is dedicated to DDO so I will not be taking part

Rhian

Hopefully we will see each other at Tamriel:)

I will always try to go for Rhian or Ihrai there.

Hopefully TESO won’t be Mandatory PvP like Ultima Online was in its old days, before Trammel. I prefer to have a choice if I feel like PvP or not.

Argante

I loved Ultima Online before they introduced Heidiland, going out of town was genuinely scary. Staying in town wasn’t safe either, I was once given a silver sword by my guildmaster which was in my backpack about 2 seconds before it was lifted by a very skilled thief who I attacked making me grey… the rest is obvious. Brilliant game.

Rhian

I am no milksop. I grew up with all sorts of Computer Games… I love Paint-Ball/Gotcha, I love Karate, I love LARP and I love playing Ego Shooters with my friends. The more action and blood, the better. I love horror movies and and and and and… so on.

I do PvP only with friends on Paint Ball/Gotach or Ego Shooters. There everything only depends on the brain and the creativity – That’s what I consider a challenge, thrilling and fun.
    There I do not waste my time when I get killed… because I do not lose anything I had to invest a lot of my precious free time for.

I have a extremely stressy job, dealing with difficult and annoying people all day and barely having time to drink, take a piss and breathe…

Yes I am successful, I earn my share of money and my boss is happy with me, so I do not need a game to boost my ego or whatever

But nontheless – I come home so dead and exhausted that I can’t even pick up my creative hobbies anymore. So there is only watching movies or computer games left for me. Since there are no longer any decent rich RPG games (like Baldurs Gate) with a complex deep story and characters… my hope lies in MMORPGs. Games are supposed to be fun and make you forget the stressy day…

So, why should I pay for stress and frustration in a Game? I have enough of that in the real world. No thanks.

Age of Conand did that right. You could pick a PvP and PvE Server.

I tried the PvP Server and it was just crap. Too many immature teenagers (I was surprised since that game was actually rated 18+) who were constantly looking to boost their egos, start a pissing contest and bragging about how many lower level noobs they killed.

Why should I give myself that and even pay for that?

The PvE server was much more fun, less stressy and the people were social and helpful. No pissing contest… I got to enjoy and see far more of the entire game on that PvE server than I would ever had on a PvP… and I can’t say that PvE is Heidiland, just because some asshole can’t kill me for the sake of fouling my fun.

I so hope TESO won’t be “all the time” Mandatory PvP… and that they offer one a choice. Either by flag or by server like AoC

Argante

Each to his own. In UO I wasn’t one of the people you had to watch out for, I was on the receiving end of the grief but the feeling you got when walking out of town actually made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I have never felt so alive while playing any computer game as I did when playing UO.

I doubt Elder Scrolls will have mandatory PvP as it’s not really in vogue, most people who want that hit play Battlefield or CoD so it’s probably not that profitable in a fantasy RPG.

Rhian

Don’t get me wrong. That wasn’t meant as an insult against you.

PvP is a very emotional topic to me, because they messed up so many grand games with it…(Star Wars Galaxies after the huge wannabe ego shooter nerf).

PvP simply invites too many idiots with the urge to “prove” something…

Age of Conan did it right. They offered PvE only and PvP only Servers.

I so hope they do something similar with TESO. This way everyone wins… and no one has to live with something that fouls their gaming experience in this regard.

Myror

Their webpages describes a lot about how they are going to do PvP in Elder Scrolls Online. It isn’t mandatory. You go to Cyrodil to do PvP, the idea being all 3 factions are contesting for control of the Empire there. Outside that province it is only PvE.

Rhian

We’ll see. I hope they limit it to this zone. But since they still don’t say much more about it, it’s still under developement.

I am also at the forums there. So some things are still in discussion.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us