Home Forums Tricks and Tactics EE healing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Ive ran a fair few EE quests now and if theres one thing that is consistant across all of them (except one) is deaths – usually not mine but often multiple others.

In a EE Demonweb quest today (I forget its name – the one where you have to periodically click a portal) during the later part of the fight I struggled to keep up with the incoming damage. I got the Rezzes up each time and we completed. The completion is all well and good but if multiple deaths have occurred along the way then it takes the shine off of it and I tend to end up apologisingand feeling embarrassedabout it.

Im sure its not an equipment issue and I dont believe I waslagging., so the only thing left is me.

Im clearly in need of some advice on the subject ๐Ÿ™‚ and seeing as I only run EE in Guild many of you have first hand experience of putting your alts lives in my hands ๐Ÿ™‚

In EE due to SR issues I go pure Healbot and watch the bars. Iuse Renewal where appropriate and keep myself in aura and burst range all the time.
    I use Renewal where appropriate and spot heals.
    For mass waves of mobs I watch the bars and use bursts and mass cure – I find quicken mass heals to be too slow (espwcially in that fight where half a second or less is the difference between life and death)

Short of trying “pre-emptive” healing and constantly cycling masse, which will burn my SP very very quickly I dont know how to prevent deaths.

I find EE to be extremely fun and intense on Nannabot (on my Sorc its nowhere near as intense) but I find it frustrating that these deaths occur. Everyone else is doing there thing successfully – melees are killing, casters are CCingDPSing or instas and trappers are making the way safe but I feel like Im not holding up my end of the job.

Any tips or advice would be most welcomed

Finally, I would recommend running a Divine in EE to everyone as its such a buzz

Cheers

Domend

Well first of all u did a great job on both EE we did today. Secondly Reclaiming the Rift is the most challenging and hard EE along with Belly of the Beast that there is on the game currently. I have heard of good grps going with over 20,30 or even 40 deaths on Reclaiming the Rift.

The epic elite content is designed on a way that a lot of times Deaths cannot be prevented and its not healers fault. The Saves DC are extremely high and most characters can only be secure a certain type of spells and abilities while they will fail on the rest and sustain huge amounts of dmg.

Dont sweat over a few deaths on EE quests it is bound to happen due to the designing of the content. I can run through a million traps and spellwards on my rogue without a problem a single Evil Spellward that its not reflex save will kill me if get hit twice. Nothing a healer can do at that point.

Some bosses on the Demonweb quests particular hit very hard in about 250-280 per hit and very fast for some characters with no PRR that would mean a 2-3 hits death and those hits can occur rly fast where no healer can save them.

Also remember that most mobs in the Epic Elite Content can bypass and Crit u even onย  140% Fortifications that would mean insta death to a lot of characters aswell. Not a healers fault or the characters on that case . There are a lot of classes that can only get 140% Fort by twisting the Brace for Impact ability from Unyielding Sentinel and they cannot fit any Exceptional Fort on their gear setups so there is a small chance that they will get crit on EE.

( Still 140% Fort is rly great for EE and worth getting it but a small chance to get crit from some mobs is always present )

The Most important thing to remember as a healer on EE is that u absolutely cannot die specially if u run with a melee grp oriented grp. If the healer is up some deaths on the rest will lead to a quite fast successfull run . If the Healer dies then there is a good chance the whole grp will wipe unless there are good self sufficient characters that can hold till u get up and start healing again.

Thats my two cents for EE and again u did a very good job.

Ryan

Hello H

thanks for the kind words – much appreciated indeed.

I guess Im one of those people who suffer from “healer guilt” and feel like they carry the success or failure of the quest on their shoulders.

Im very fortunate to be able to run my Cleric with such skilled players as we have in guild (and guild friend) and this is why I enjoy running Nannabot so much.

Do you have any particular methods when healing on EE other than heal faster and dont die ๐Ÿ™‚

Sinaefay

When it comes to EEs, it often boils down to how often the players have grouped together, which characters each is bringing, how focused everyone is (even if no distractions, can still be somewhat unfocused at times due to no ones fault). All it takes to die in an EE quest is the wrong step at the wrong time, someone lags for 1 second or just plain dumb bad luck. As a general guideline though, the bigger the area you fight in, the better the chance for all to complete without deaths. The smaller, the lower the chance gets.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us