Home Forums Creative Corner Dex Ranger gear set-up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Legend

Hi
    If they don’t completely nerf DOD and if they cap the ethereal Hide I will be looking to update Dex Ranger Najra’s gear to get a little more out of build, currently I have 2 LGS for +18%hp but just can’t seem to fit in to cover everything required, this should be ok as more Con/PRR from other sources and I can afford to lose a few hp in reaper.
    I only seem to be missing Accuracy which am not too bothered about due to insightful and Deadly, also build does not need Stun as on Dex is a lot harder to get those dc’s viable.
    Any ideas welcome, esp. on alternatives for the belt and the 2 slavers.

Armor Wildcard Fortification +94%/+214%
    Physical Sheltering +19/+54
    Healing Amplification +30/+85
    False Life +29/+81
    Goggles Collective Sight Nearly Finished Dex +21
    Almost There Ins Con +10
    Quality Resistance+1/+4
    Helm Legendary Umber Brim Improved Quelling Strikes
    Need Reaper 2 Insightful Accuracy 16
    Insightful Deception +8
    Profane Well Rounded +2
    Necklace The Family’s Blessing Quality Assassinate +2
    Insightful Armor-Piercing – 16%
    Deadly +17
    Doublestrike 24%
    Trinket Echo of Ravenkind Eternal Holy Burst
    True Seeing
    Constitution +20
    Improved Deception
    Cloak Silver Dragonscale Ins Dex +10
    Dodge +21%
    Insightful Sheltering +28
    Cold Absorption +51%
    Belt Cornerstone Champ Nearly Finished Dex +5
    Melee Alac 15%
    Deception 18
    Ring1 Celestial Topaz Ring Nearly Finished Char +21
    Wizardry +154/+440
    Parrying +3/+10
    Lesser Displacement
    Ring2 Radiant Ring of Taer Valaestas Ring Minor Artifact Wisdom +22
    Quality Accuracy +8
    Quality Deadly +5
    Law Absorption +31%
    Gloves Hammerfist Ins Doublestrike +11
    Cannith Combat Infusion
    Seeker +8/+21
    Insightful Deadly +2/+8
    Boots Slavers Shelter for 45 MRR
    Armor Piercing +28
    UMD
    Qty Con +4
    Bracers Slaver Wizardy
    Resistance +14
    Tendon Slice
    Qty PRR +11

Furiyen

I have a couple of ideas, but might end trading some sneak damage for Electric Damage but in return raise Max Dodge to increase Effective HP?

Legend

Not bothered about electrical damage, if from TS tempest then def not worth it, I believe dodge will be around potential max of 27, i think only real way to raise is from enhancements, not gear.

Sinaefay

Here’s the gear Im using on Tarl atm:

Head: Legendary Umber Brim – Improved Quelling Strikes, Insightful Accuracy +16, Insightful Deception +8, Profane Well Rounded +2, Empty Green Augment Slot

Necklace: Legendary Family Recruit Sigil – True Seeing, Armor-Piercing – 33%, Deadly +17, Relentless Fury, Empty Yellow Augment Slot

AM Trinket: Echo of Ravenkind – Eternal Holy Burst, True Seeing, Constitution +20, Improved Deception, Yellow Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot ()

Goggles: ir’Kesslan’s Shattered Lens – Dexterity +22, Dodge +22%, Parrying 10, Negative Energy Absorption +53%, Empty Blue Augment Slot, Empty Green Augment Slot, Empty Yellow Augment Slot

Bracers: Legendary – Sheltering +45, Resistance +14, Tendon Slice +14, Quality MRR +11

Armour: Legendary Wildcard – +15 Armor, Fortification +214%, Physical Sheltering +54, Competence Healing Amplification +85, Hit Points +81, Empty Green Augment Slot

Cloak: Legendary Mantle of Fury – Constitution +19, Raging Resilience, Doublestrike 22%, Dodge +19%, Empty Green Augment Slot , Adherent of the Mists Set (Legendary)

Belt: (Misc: Insightful Diversion 11, Defense: Natural Armor 15, Ability: Insightful Constitution 7)

Gloves: Legendary Hammerfist – Insightful Doublestrike 11%, Cannith Combat Infusion, Seeker 21, Insightful Deadly +8, Empty Blue Augment Slot

Ring1: Legendary Celestial Ruby Ring – Nearly Finished (Int) +21, Stunning +23, Accuracy +33, Ghostly, Empty Yellow Augment Slot

Ring2: Legendary Celestial Topaz Ring – Nearly Finished (Wis) +21, Wizardry +440, Parrying 10, Lesser Displacement, Empty Yellow Augment Slot

Boots: Piston Boots – Strength +21, Fulcrum Shift, Quality Combat Mastery +5, Stunning +24, Empty Blue Augment Slot, Empty Green Augment Slot

Legend

Cheers Jan
    That’s probably around the same lvl of my current set-up, just looking for bit more of a boost as not got Deception item at mo along with maximising Dex and PRR.

I do have other str based ranger which is 2 gear sets behind optimum with stun and KTA and intended gear set is closer to yours, am looking at ‘The Family’s Blessing’ and ‘Silver Dragon Capelet’ now for both builds though.

Sinaefay

I’ve found that trying to fit in an item with insightful dex is anything but easy.

Healliona

Good afetrnoon.

Found this:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/506417-Dex-based-Tempest-Sharn-gear

Maybe it can help you a bit.

Sébastien.

Legend

Cheers Seb

Those set-up’s are ok but they are relying on Deception on whatever weapon and don’t seem to have a blurry/lesser displace item, I would say my current set-up is closer to theirs, am just tweaking.

Healliona

Good afternoon.

I don’t see filigree.
    Maybe you need some rare.

Sébastien.

Furiyen

Apologies, never got round to explaining my thoughts about Electric Damage.

From the Preview 2 Notes: Scion of the Ethereal Plane now adds 1.5 Sneak Attack Damage per rank of Hide you have, instead of 1 for every 3 points of your total Hide score.

At a maximum of 34.5 Damage, at say 250 MP that’s 34.5 * 4.75 = 164 Damage.

So it might be worth trading in Scion of Ethereal Plane for Scion of Air, if it can work out to more damage after the direct nerf its getting with U45. You’d still be getting all your Sneak Damage from Deepwood Stalker/Items/Shadowdancer.

Scion of Electric 2D20 = 21 Avg * 400 Spell Power = 21 * 5 = 105 Damage Average
    Scion of Electric 2D20 = 21 Avg * 600 Spell Power = 21 * 7 = 147 Damage Average

Azraiyel in Feywild is breaking 600 Sonic Spellpower, so I wouldn’t think its too difficult to get Scion of Air to scale to similar amounts of damage as Scion of Ethereal.

If you was to do so, you gain +4% Max Dodge Cap, and with a bit of fumbling with Feats to get Mobility and then take Improved Mobility enhancement from Tempest you should be able to hit 33% Base Dodge on a Ranger, which should increase your Effective HP a decent chunk.

Looking at the gear list, it’s hard to make direct suggestions. I’m still generally slotting MRR via a Slaver’s Item, it’s really hard to get away from this. My only exception is Azraiyel who wants the THTH bracers for the Turning Bonuses anyway, so it becomes the MRR and Ins Sheltering slot usefully as well.

Food for thought, its just ideas as always, feel free to dismiss if you prefer to keep it to the Scion of Ethereal way 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us