Home Forums General Cleric armor and items?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ispepxam

Well Swords its been a while since I posted to the site asking for information so I thought this was long overdue… hee, hee.

I have been playing a cleric build over the last few weeks which has a splash of rogue and a couple of monk levels thrown in for good measure. What I would like to know is what armor (robes) people would recommend for lvl 17-20 and 20+ questing? I’m currently lvl 17 (14 cleric, 2 monk, 1 rogue)

At the moment I’m wearing black dragon scale robes from Gianthold (auction house  for scales actually), which means I can make full use of my monk abilities (evasion, etc.). The boost to my armor class is actually much better due to dex and wisdom modifiers. I was AC 35 with full plate and 40+ with robe before any buffing.

I’m also on the look out for any items that will help boost my spell points as they are a little low at the moment. Again any thoughts would be great.

Note that I have been running solo (with hirelings), so although I am a decent healer, I haven’t done this with guildies or in PUG. If you are feeling brave enough, you can always join me and see how good or bad my healing skills are in a group…:)

If you look on my DDO you will see the basic equipment and stats for Ispepxamette.

Ispep clan – Jimmy

Ryan

Hello Jimmy.

40 AC is pretty low so Id go with robes to suit your monk levels.

Gear wise it will depend on what your role is in a quest.. If you’re the designated healer then you’ll want a Devotion item – lots to choose from out there and you’ll even find it on kamas (iirc thats what yourDDO showed) – dont forget to watch the bars while you’re fighting though as damage spikes can sometimes come in thick and fast.

Talking of gear, I didnt notice any False Life, Fort or Toughness item. You may have been gear swapping at yhe time, but def worth getting if you dont have.

Archmagi item will help your SP a lot. Let us know what spare slot you have iirc its mostly on rings, helms and robes/armour or unsuppressed VP ioun stone (you can swap in and out before and after shrining if you remember)

Healing. Guild runs are a good wsy of getting into group healing – well geared, knowledgeable players will make the quest super smooth.
    Dont let this lure you into a false sense of security though as PuGging can be very different – Ive ran in some PuGs where I’ve wanted to bash myself over the head with my keyboard out of frustration.

At Epic levels I chose to stop PuGging on Nannabot.

Have to stop here as Im at work.

Feel free to ask any more Qs

Ispepxam

Thanks Ryan. You’re right that my gear is not ideal on My DDO – too much haste logging out and not putting it back to optimum.

I’ll take a look on the wiki to see what gear I can farm over the next few levels as per your thoughts above.

Thanks again.

Ryan

Heres a couple of things to look up re. Healing

Forgotten Light – radiance and devotion

Wall of Wall – amp and devotion amongst other things :cheap for the non Epic version, pricey for the Epic versions (I farmed for this on my Sorc but no luck)

Shamanic Fetish – radiance and devotion trinket

I think you can slot devotion on a red augment.

Im not sure about robes, but I think spidersilk robes are worth a look.

Wizards Ward (impulse) for a blanket DC boost and BB damage boost.

Theres more, but thats all I have time for atm

Anonymous
    Inactive

One note towards your armor: While your AC is higher in robes your PRR (Physical Resistance Rating) is lower than when your using a full plate. AC looses a lot of value as it requires a pretty serious sacrifice in other areas for it to be efficient. Currently the most important defensive stat is Dodge (completely negates damage), PRR (lowers incoming damage by a precentage, in light armor my ranger has 49 PRR with no fancy stuff, my damage taken is reduced by 25.4%) with AC being the lowest valued defensive stat as it requires a pretty high value to be very effective. That being said a balance of the three stats is what I recomend.

I cant really make specific item suggestions for you as everybody has their own vision over their character and thus, their own gear plan. Ryan pointed out some obvious items of interest to you, I will add what role do you want to fill? A Clonk is pretty picky on slots and requires planning, writing it down helps you and others fix mistakes before they even happen).

A Healer wants: HP to survive (+500 for eH, +600 for eE), Positive Spell Power, Positive Spell Critical, Spell Points, Saves (VERY IMPORTANT) and some feats that are essential like: Quicken, Empower Healing\Maximise etc…

A Melee wants: HP to survive (+600 for eH, +800 for eE), Saves (ESSENTIAL), Dodge (Omniscience item very useful), PRR, Incorporeal, Haste and Displacement Clickies, DR etc…

A Spell Damage based cleric: Very ineffective currently compared to FvS, that being said it is possible, CC is nice but getting a high DC is very hard (44-50 DC is required for eE’s). You want: HP to survive (+500 for eH, +600 for eE), Force and Light Spell Power, Force and Light Spell Critical, Spell Points, Saves (VERY IMPORTANT).

A generalist needs to fit all three roles, usually a clonk fits two of them (Melee and Healing). You need to make sure that you have the idea well outlined as sacrifices must be made from one area for another.

If you want to find items for your build just use a database and search through it as everything is subjective in the end. DDO Wiki (http://ddowiki.com/) is sufficient.

Ispepxam

I know there are some nice Epic Eveningstar items to be had for the level 20+ range, but was wondering if Green Steel items are still worth farming Shroud for?

Ryan

I posted a reply in Viks thread

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us