Home Forums Who’s Who! Cerlyn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cerlyn

Greetings

Allow me to introduce myself to this intrepid band of adventurers.

I have weathered 53 years of toil and struggle in this world 🙂

My main role in life is as a Senior Manager for HSBC providing finance for Commercial & Residential Investment & Development deals.

My alter ego “Cerlyn” is a paladin of many years standing. I started playing D&D in 1974 when the white boxed set first came out (yes I still have it) and over the next 20 years I played and DMed at many events. I even had the pleasure of playing a 1 on 1 with Gary Gygax at Reading.

In 1993 at Camber Sands I picked up a new card game called Magic the Gathering and for the next 10 years I organised or referred some of the biggest events in the UK and Europe, including judging at the World Championships in Seattle.

In 2003 I remarried, most of the original MTG players had moved on and it was not easy for me to play as there were no clubs in the area. I had already started playing Everquest so spent more time relaxing by playing MMO. I never tried DDO as the initial concepts and the chosen world did not impress me, (Greyhawk player through and through). I dabbled a bit last year when I found out Colin was playing here and then I took the plunge and bought a 15 month VIP membership for the price of 12!
    I have raided in EQ & WoW so know my way around groups etc, but I find that with only a couple of hours here and there to play I mainly solo, and the hirelings are a great help here.

My intention is to level Cerlyn to Paladin 18/Fighter 2, then I need to understand how to TR and into what – Cleric? Ranger?. At heart I prefer to be a fighter or healer. I will never be a warforged or an artificer a I don’t like them, neither will I be a sorcerer as again I don’t like the class or race options that go with it.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all and hopefully having some good time together.

Cerlyn
    Currently Paladin 11/FTR 1

Vik

Another oldun pleased to hear

welcome matey

Vik (aged 52 and 2 months)

Argante

You both make me feel young, I still have 11 months until my 50th. Welcome Cerlyn.

Ryan

Welcome aboard.

My current main is Corazonroto and he’s about to take L6. You’re welcome to quest with him if you’re level appropriate – although he’s a Warforged Sorc (90% of my characters are WF) so you might not want to

Sinaefay

Welcome to the ‘swords, Cerlyn.

When it comes to your TR, dont be too afraid to test things out. Artificers can be melee monsters in DDO, and not the ranged, castery version that is the first to meet the eye (art16/mnk2/rng2 or pal2 versions exist). However, it is possible to make almost any class into a melee version, so you surely got options.

Ryan

Cerlyn

Re. TR’ing

In your OP you say you like fighter or healer.

One of my most enjoyable and easy lives on Corazon was 18/2 Cleric with Fighter splash. You get to both melee and heal.

Clarice

HeY Mate,

Glad to have you along, this bunch of reprobates are a good fun group, just avoid drinking with them 😛

See you in game

CLar (colin)

Molfein

Greetings, nice to have another heritage player join the Guild.
    As a AD&D player from the 80s I did have reservations about playing Sorc, Arti etc. but PnP is much different from DDO. And as Jan hints at, role is more important that class (/multiclass).
    Try out and enjoy

Chris

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us