Home Forums General A question about a recent EE Belly of the Beast

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

I recently Healed a couple of EE “Bellys”.

One with Legend and the other with Jan.

Both were completions and great fun.

In Legs group we had a WF Wiz and in Jans we had (iirc) a WF Sorc.

In EE I tend to be very focused on the bars and only watch the action briefly for positioning reasons so I missed some of the finer details.

In Legs run I remember lots of Disco Balls, Holds and Mind Fogs – which seems right given the need for CC

In Jans run I remember seeing Mind Fogs but not a lot else and Im wondering what CC was used as it was just as effective.

Anyone that has run (especially as a healer) EE Belly (and Reclaiming the Rift) can truely appreciate the value of CC and Im curious as to just how this Sorc was doing it?

Perhaps in both runs lots of Fascinate was used?

Unfortunately as a healer I dont get too much time to look.

If anyone (especially Jan and Legend) could shed some light on the subject it would be appreciated

Many thanks

Domend

Well i cant say about fascinate since i wasnt there but ….. the sorc was propably using Shiradi champion. Theses sorcs dont use Discos some of them dont even have it as a spell. They use the fog (usually any kind will do the job ) since when mobs enter the fog they keep getting random procs from Double Rainbow effect. So the sorc was not CC’ing in the usual way but he was getting aggro from the mobs and he was prolly running around spaming force spells that have small sp cost and kept repairing himself . Ofc a lot of the procs can make the mobs not attack its some way of crowd control.

With all these being said and since i have experienced that with these sorcs i have to admit it does make things easier for a healer. WF sorcs are way too powerfull with Shiradi and i am really looking forward for the day that Turbine wakes up and fix some of the Destinies that needs to be fixed.

I actually did Reclaiming on the Rift EE on Domend without resting and with 1/3 sp left at the end with a sorc like that in the grp. And i was also shiradi and was using lots of offensive spells. I have no idea how much this Shiradi fashion will go on but its way overpowered even if some people dont fully understand why.

Rhian

From my experience, Fascinate didn’t work very well – if at all. I do not even remember Disco working that well.

Best thing you can do is, doing all the optionals outside of the arena (gaining allies and removing potential foes).

That saves you some stress, when you have some NPCs fighting along side with you – instead of having them stabbing you (from my experience)

My successful EE runs consisted of “one” person (mostly Intimi Meatshield) grabbing the aggro of everything in there – and running in circles, while the others grab one foe after another – eating away the heaviest forces.

That’s also less stressy on the mages and healers. But in sum – everyone has to keep moving.

The most feared run through the acid is not that worse (I found the arena worse), if you have a decent buffer/healer with you who keeps up the resists and protection on a constant base.

All in all, it’s a nasty quest and everyone who manages it at EE can be proud of his toon and gaming skills. It’s a very demanding quest imho.

Sinaefay

The sorc in my group was a sorcadin shiradi, and he used solid fog (which is a great spell now for ee as it both slows down mobs and gives them -5 on reflex saves without a chance to save against it).

I have to agree with Dom that the shiradi proc’s from double prism are too powerful considering how they can actually trivialize any content, compared to other destinies. Especially as double prism isnt even an epic moment 🙂

Legend

Any type of cc is handy in that quest, can go multiple routes, sorc with fog and kite, Wiz with Otto’s, but due to being drow web is a great spell in there, also mass hold can dictate the mobs the melees go for, as a bard I was just fascinating groups/spawns of mobs away from the main group, once melees cleared could then just move onto fasc mobs, other way is an intim but due to the volume of the mobs any meat shield will take some damage so best to intim/kite, other methods are a fvs evoker using bb as high dc to kite, monk using EIN at right time can easily kill 20+ mobs in 1 go, Draconic blasts nice damage etc…

If the melees stay together too it helps a gr8 deal, by casting cc any intelligent melee will fight in that area on ee.

Without any of the above or some degree of cc this quest in the arena is very very hard, due to volume of ee mobs melees will easily get swamped, try and move away, you then have a split group for the healer with noone really contributing any damage.

Again all on group build and if the toons are on the right destinies (imo should always be on ee), have done an EE pug on Pally and was like an EN run mainly due to caster cc in right place at right time, another run a really fast wipe in arena due to most melees not being able to take a hit and no cc.

Ryan

Cheers for the replies……..

Always useful to know these things – I have to admit when I joined the group and Jan told me it was EE Belly my heart sank when I saw our Arcane was a Sorc (you know Im a big WF Sorc fan, but up until that point (having never seen a Shiradi in action) the only Arcane I like to see in EE when Im healing is Enchant specced Wiz – funny how running a healer totally changes the way you think.

The collapse of CC in EE with large groups of mobs is always my worst nightmare when Im healing – i think we had that occur in the Wiz group previously mentioned and as Leg said we were instantly swamped and then the scattering began.

Luckily the group was skilled enough to recover and go on and complete.

I would like to turn my Sorc into a Shiradi Sorcadin but I never seem to run him these days –

Cheers again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us