Home Forums General A couple of Cleric, Pally, Ftr splash questions

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Ryan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Hello all

I’ve dusted off Nannabot so I can have an Alt permanently at 30. He is a “for fun” only alt

He is a first life, zero past lives Cleric 15, Pally 3, Ftr 2 multiclass, THF with Nightmother Falchion built to play front line melee, non-tanking aura healer.
    I have no idea what Domain he is, but he can cast Displace if thats any indicator.

As I predominantly play DC casters I know hardly anything about melees and have a couple of questions.

I’ve geared him with predominantly Ravenloft gear, plus a couple of items from the White plume/ Rage chain (I think). He doesn’t have a sentient item yet, but im sure I have enough of the correct filigrees to make a non-rare set with a spare 5 slot jewel I have.

If I remember correctly the following applies

To hit – approx. 100
    HP – 1900
    PRR – 186 (in Unyielding) this feels shamefully bad for heavy armour. How can my DC Lock can nearly achieve this in Light armour and my Auralock can nearly double it in medium (iirc ofc). Something seems not quite right. Admitedly my Lock has 28prr from PLs but it just seems wrong that my heavy armour prr is so low.

MRR – 40 (Im struggling to fit in an MRR item – I may be able to craft a Trinket with MRR but I cant remember what my current trinket (a crafted slavers item) provides, but even if i craft Im still prob only going to be around 80 at a guess.

Are these number acceptable?

Finally what sentient set is going to be useful? Grandfathers shield or some other defensive focus set for survivability, or should I go for a DPS set?

Any hints, tips or advice appeciated

Ta

Ryan

Legend

If you intend to play him for fun and not mid/high reaper then the only criteria is ‘is he fun’, build not very important.

If you were to build to be an effective melee/aura healer then would need a bit of work, the healing is not so hard, making it competent at melee is the challenge, with EDF the defensive stances are not so important, if you also spec for area cures then options like Druid or FVS open up for balance of classes, the ability to go into melee and hit does not mean you are a melee toon, you really do need to do good dps, no need for top end as the heal aura makes up for it, but I see again and again melees that just don’t move hp bars.

Gear set-up will make a difference as a couple of specific named and a better weapon will help.

Grandfather is not really a suitable filigree set, it is only really useful for the AC tank builds.
    Prowess is nice if got the action boots.
    If want to go defensive a 4 piece Nystul’s set is the best imo for 100hp.

Healliona

Hello.

Legend resume all:

If you intend to play him for fun and not mid/high reaper then the only criteria is ‘is he fun’, build not very important.

Yes at low reaper all builds are effective.

“I have no idea what Domain he is, but he can cast Displace if thats any indicator.”
    This is the Luck Domain.

Now here are a few comments:
    If you take cleric you will lose some substential DPS since aura is T5.

If you want improve your DPS you have to take a diety weapons : go to https://ddowiki.com/page/Cleric and table named Deity Based Feats may help you to make a choice.
    Maybe Sovereign Host will be nice with the new feat called Knight’s Training, what about Blood of Vol + vistany?

Sébastien.

Ryan

Cheers for the replies.

He is already L29 and tbh I cant be bothered to LR him. He’s just a time filler whislt Corazon is stuck in Heroics getting some more Racials.

He will most likely only ever run R3, maybe 4.

I’ll just have to accept that he’ll never had good dps, but as long as hes doing some healing with aura and bursts, doing some melee damage and sharing some of the hits that the group is taking then he’s not dead weight I guess.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us