Home Forums General Website Feedback

Viewing 10 posts - 25 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Fermihault

Have we lost the roster? or is it something we can hope to see again in the future?

Nath

Hey Fermi, we never used one on the old site, just the forums like we do here. But I can investigate to see if there is a plugin for a roster so we can try it out.

Mad_Viking

What server are we planing on hosting this?
    Just to try to avoid what happende to the old site. 🙂

Do we own https://www.spellswords.com/?

Nath

I will put in the request to transfer the domain to my name and to my servers redberryhosting.com, its hosted through hostgator so super service and reliability (ive been with them for several years). So as long as I am around we are fine 🙂

Calib

Very nice work Nath.
    One small item, when I login I am always taken to a “Page Not Found” page.
    Clicking the “home” link will then take me to the home page where I am then already correctly logged in.
    Other than that, great work!

Cheers

Nath

Thank you for the feedback Calib. When I move the site I will attend to these little issues for example I know people are not able to login with facebook etc at the moment because those apps are created for spellswords.com and work with the domain only for security reasons.

UPDATE REGARDING MOVE

I have sent about 6 emails and I have 3 open tickets with this ridiculous hosting co, The domain expires next week and I am not paying so hopefully someone will wakeup and attend to my request because I am not able to move and edit a .com domain without an authorisation code.

UPDATE 19 JUNE: Finally I got an authorisation code from the guy who is listed as the admin contact on the domain, they are not affiliated to myguildhost from who I have not heard.

Anyway so… make sure you take what you want from the old site as it will probably not be there any more after the 24th.

Nath

LAST CALL TO SAVE DATA: I am submitting the request to move the site today. I have saved the guild vault content, as well as Alechemical crafting guide, Titan guide. I see a few things in the creative corner, Who’s Who etc, PLEASE save stuff now and then load it on the new site when it is live 🙂

Nath

LATEST UPDATE: Nothing happened with the tickets I submitted, it is like myguildhost does not exist (by the way all my tickets are still open with them over 4 weeks). Anyway so I went into their support site and found that I could edit the whois information through their site, no idea how that works, but anyway I changed it, then generated a new transfer auth key, which I then sent to myself, and then I created a new order for the move from myself to myself… heh… anyway it is now just waiting for the registrar to release the domain – so I pray that since I did the submission and the approval that they don’t need any human to approve it on their side too :S If all goes well the domain should be with me in the next couple of days…. if not then it might be a while…

Nath

GOOD NEWS: it worked and the domain has been moved. I now updated the nameservers so it will take 24 hours. I will do the final backup of the site this evening before migrating it tomorrow.

Nath

Yay, think its all done 😀 Thank you all for the feedback, I will resolve the few error pages and some functionality we wanted to add over the next few weeks as I have time 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 25 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us