Home Forums General Website Feedback

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Nath

Feedback, ideas, bugs and other comments to help improve the website.

Flavia

the tags allowed in the line below the reply box are spreading all over the width of the window overlapping the frame to the right.

Using IE8

• This reply was modified 11 years, 11 months ago by Flavia.
    Ispepxam

Nath, very nice looking site and I am sure your hard work will be appreciated by all the ‘Swords. So far no probelms for me using Internet Explorer 9. No bugs or issues…

CaT

I love the site so far! Great work Nath, I am truly impressed. I hope we will move on this new site very soon. I clicked everything I found and no errors encountered so far. I love the pictures that appear random in the background. Where you have them from? Also I like the clean layout – what program do you use to design your site?

A few suggestions (I use Firefox 12.0):
    – the background is white and I like it, but I write with a very light colored gray and I find it hard to read. Right now I can hardly follow what I write even though I zoomed quite a bit in the page. I would like a better contrast or maybe we can choose our own colors if possible. I tried to find something in my settings but I couldn’t. Maybe is something that I missed though.
    – the menu at top with “Home – Activity – Forums – … – About” can be hard to read depending on the picture in background. I suggest some background color to help with readability.
    – I noticed in some of our members profiles the site has automatically made links using keywords but they bring you in the members section. I think it was not intended.
    – on most or all pages we can see “You may use these HTML tags and attributes:” and some HTML code. I am not sure if this was intended or not. Certainly it looks strange. Maybe some small popup window (like for chat) or a temporarily one when you move over some keywords should be used instead?
    – I would have liked some avatars to choose from (not only from your own PC, but on the site), though probably is not possible.

Overall great work and I will check it periodically. If there is anything I will make sure to notice you.

Abduxuel

I think it looks great 🙂
    Going to a take a a little time getting used to the white instead of the black but it looks awesome and has worked so far for me fine!

Ryan

Hello Nath.

this is a test post from me to see if the formatting works ok from my android phone (on the old site CR never worked).

The new site looks good and looking forward to it going live.

Ryan

edit added.. the formatting looks fine (from a Galaxy S2)

• This reply was modified 11 years, 11 months ago by Ryan.
    Nath

Thank you for all the feedback so far, will take a look at the issue you got Flavia. Thank you for the ideas Cat, I will definitely look into them and make the body text a little darker.

Glad it works from your android phone Ryan 🙂

Xutharion

Great work Nath, thanks a lot for the time u spent in this…

Nath

UPDATES

I have updated the website body font colours to be a darker grey based on Cat’s feedback 🙂

I have also added in drop down menu’s at the tops for forums and groups for quick navigation.

Removed BBcodes plugin and notification we were getting in the reply area.

Changed the alignment of the top images so that the menu items are more visible.

FOR CAT

The pictures I used were from screenshot or concept art, and then I just modified them to have a similar feel and intensity of colours etc, added the washing and painting effects for the blending into white so that it fits into the site. This site has been put together using WordPress and some 3rd party applications etc.

• This reply was modified 11 years, 11 months ago by Nath.
    Ispepxam

Nath – In the General Chat tab at the bottom of the page I noticed that when I hover the mouse over my avatar it shows my location as “London,UK”.
    Do you know where this information comes from as I would like to change it but couldn’t find where to do this?
    My profile correctly shows as Aberdeen, Scotland – technically still UK, but not London…

CaT

Thank you Nath! Everything looks awesome so far. Let us know if we can help you with something particular.

Nath

Ispep, it shows Edinburgh for you when I look at your chat profile. It probably has to do with your ISP or something weird. The plugin is called “evolve chat” if you wanted to take a look at their site, the settings on my side is super limited so I cannot change that type of info.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us