Home Forums General Elder Scrolls Online – any Spellswords doing the Beta?

Viewing 8 posts - 13 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just waiting on for the moment Neverwinter. Depending on how Bethesda handles Elder Scrolls Online I might play or I might not. Dont get me wrong…I spent 6 months in Daggerfall…(and half of that time making savegames of other savegames as the game loved to turn corrupt or give me an uncompletable dungeon), but I am either getting too old for MMO’s or MMO’s in general are not that interesting anymore… ESO is a hit or miss.

Sirac

Hey all, bored at work so popped by here, and saw this topic.

Few things, Sol and I will definitely be playing ESO. Been following it closely, and it looks like the next big MMO for us.

It definitely does not have open world pvp. Only Cyrodiil for PvP, which will be a HUGE region equivalent in size to a normal elder scrolls game in and of itself. You can go there and help assault the capital city, or you can wander the rest of the realm and take control of settlements, explore pvp dungeons, or help with ancillary tasks/quests from crafting to setting up siege weapons, etc. But going there at all and joining in the pvp is purely optional.

I am considering setting up a Spellswords guild there. Will only do so if no intention from you guys to set up officially there. But I have quite a few friends that will likely join ESO, so likely to re-establish the Spellswords there. Starting on a small scale as we did in DDO and slowly building up, but any existing Spellswords that want to join us will of course be welcome. But that’s a long way down the line, I will be surprised if this launches before the Autumn.

Also, I am currently in the Alpha for Neverwinter. Under NDA but still, happy to answer any questions for you guys if anyone interested. It is very action based and will irk anyone expecting an authentic D&D style game, its gameplay is really not D&D, even moreso than DDO in butchering the basic mechanics of D&D. But it does have the lore and a fairly authentic Forgotten Realms feel, it looks great and is fun to play and will probably keep me entertained until ESO, and then be a good secondary free to play game. And the foundry, for players to create their own content, is a huge selling point for it and is attracting really good feedback from those in Alpha that have used it.

And hey, you can pay $200 now to play a drizzt wannabe from the start!!! And no, I’m not joking, only wish I was…!!!

Cheers all,

Sirac

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will surely play both (thought it over in the end) Sirac, drop me a message if you plan to do anything in Neverwinter\ESO.

Sirac

Sure Cat will do, definitely wont be starting a guild in Neverwinter, dont think it will have the longevity for me to invest that heavily in it. But ESO looks likely atm, and will definitely be playing Neverwinter so may see you there.

Will post here when both games start, with at least a headsup what server Sol and I are on.

Cheers,

Sirac

Rhian

A bit late of an answer from my side – But! If you create a Spellswords Guild in ESO, I am in! Would love nothing more than remain with my old guild 🙂

I have seen that the website also offers already a medium to recruit people and introduce your guild, too.

http://www.enjin.com/recruitment/the-elder-scrolls-online-PC-72859

Sirac

Hey all,

Am unlikely to create a guild in ESO until a release date announced, and am sure can spend enough time towards doing it properly. But atm, definitely my intention to.

Have given up on Neverwinter. They have chosen to run a payment model 30% more expensive than the US pay. The blame may well lie with European VAT, but regardless most online games I pay keep prices lower than that, and has really put me off the game.

That said, it is a good fun game, and worth a look for those interested. So on that note, I actually received 2 alpha keys for the game. If anyone wants them just message me here and will forward them on. The alpha runs separately to the newly opened beta, and the alpha includes an npc to level up for any area, so can look at everything through to the end game content. But the alpha only runs at specific times, quite often 3 weeknights at 1am to 5am UK time, and the weekend on Saturdays at a more reasonable 8pm onwards kind of time. So if anyone wants give me a shout!

Cheers,

Sirac

Sirac

Hey all,

Just cos I said here that I would be setting up a Spellswords guild for ESO…this is just to say I probably wont. 🙂

Definitely planning to play the game, and hoping to be playing for a long time. But I am most likely to just create a small guild for friends at the very most, and will only be a guild insofar as a place for people I know to manage meeting up and questing when time allows.

I know all too well the time and energy required to run a decent guild. And RL simply doesn’t allow that atm. IF any of you do set up an official branch of the Spellswords in ESO please do let me know, and might well join with friends. Alternately, anyone who remembers me from the dark old days, 😛 feel free to give me a holler if want to join a small informal guild of friends whilst we find our feet in ESO. And cya there on 4/4/14!

Cheers,

Sean

Argante

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I got my beta stress test invite yesterday so I intend to download it and play it from Friday through to Sunday.

Viewing 8 posts - 13 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us