Home Forums General What a proper Warlock must have

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Korvel

Hello people, what must a Con based human ES warlock aura build have nowadays? I am asking for ideas especially for legendary greensteel and Slavers crafting loot since CC is too much grinding…

Also i think Lantern ring has become obsolete for end game gear. Any opinions?

Dragavon

No clue about warlocks here, but I just wanna say that if you think cannith crafting is too much grind then you need to look more into it, because it is not.

Just pick up all collectables as you go, and crunch every item you get for cannith essences and you will be able to craft lots of useful items much easier than you expect.

For levelling crafting skills just ask for advice, because if you do it the right way you can level up from 0 to 330 in less than an hour.

Korvel

Really? then i want the advice because i pick up all collectables in my way not only now but years ago…

Dragavon

Basically, you need a few things before you start levelling.

First, loads of essences. You need around 50 000-60 000 I think. This may sound like a lot, but if you run high level quests and crunch all your junk you will build up a nice amount soon.

Then you need crafting XP potions. The warforged just inside the entrance to House K hall of crafting will give you a crafting tutorial quest, and one of the rewards you can select there there is a 75% XP potion. These potions are BtA, so you can do the tutorial on all your characters for more potions if you want. Or the easy way is to buy 100% potions in DDO store if you have TP.

Last thing you need is crafting success boosters. The best is to buy 35% boosters from store, these cost 150TP for 25, you need 1 or 2 stacks. These are the most important thing you need.

It is important that you crunch your loot with the character you intend to level up as a crafter. That is because you get 1-5 crafting XP for every item, depending on the item level. You will be able to get the first 40-50 levels this way while building up a stock of essences.

Then, when all that is in place you are ready to powerlevel your crafting skill.

The trick to levelling up quickly and efficiently is to craft the shards that gives you most XP.

What you do is this:

Go to the bound shards crafting device and open it up.

In the search field you write “level”.

Then select sort by level.

In the level range boxes you write your current crafting level in the first box, and 340 in the second. As you level up your skill change the number in the first box, so you only see the shards you want to see, not lower levels.

Then you look at the percentage chance you have to craft the shards you see. Do not craft shards where you have 100% success rate, as these will give you very little XP. Instead make shards that are difficult to make.

As you level up new shards will be available to you. As soon as you have a 3% chance on a shard you should select that shard, use a success booster and make one shard. Then remove the success booster and go back to the shard above to increase your level to get a 3% chance at another shard. That one shard will give you a huge amount of XP, typically 7-8 levels worth for each one. The next shard gives a lot less, so not worth to use a success booster on that.

Do not worry if you fail a few shards, this way you will level up much more efficiently than if you only make shards you never fail on.

Korvel

thanks for the advice. I am already level 152 due to crafting and melting things 2-3 years ago. I will follow the suggested route and level up.

Dragavon

I forgot to write, only make minimum level shards to level up your skill so you do not waste any collectables. Unless you see that you can get XP on shards you know you will use, that is.

Lisa

What Dag said. I made a complete set of levelling gear for my TRer to put on at levels 20, 23, 26 and 29 and it took me maybe 15-20 hours of collectable farming. It drove me bonkers at the time but most sane people probably won’t try to do it all within a few days! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us