Home Forums General Well… Language…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hungarikusz

Dear Spellswords,

I would like to improve my oral english skills to a level where at least 90% of the spoken words are understandable.
    The reasons:
    – In my position only about 2k words are needed for my daily job. (really 200)
    – I do understand about 30k words in reading but I’m shy when I have to talk because sometimes I get weird faces when I try to explain myself.
    – In my own language I’m a graduated speech therapist with another disciplines (well working as an international truck driver for economy reasons but that’s another story…) Everybody knows me as the guy who talks all the time.
    -This is the first guild in DDO (from 2008) where I found real friends from all over the world who inspired me to try to step out from the shadows of the chat window and get a closer relationship.

So, if you don’t think it’s like a winner 9GAG screenshot please feel free to hit me on TS or drop a PM here.

Thanks,
    Daniel. 🙂

Sinaefay

Your challenge is accepted 😉

Clarice

Considering most of our non English speakers, are easier to understand than those of us native speakers, please do not feel embarrassed to speak or to ask questions, if you see my pathetic attempts at Greek or French, your English is probably was better than my non English

Colin
    Clar…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I am happy to see this change in your oppinion:-P
    Sadly I cant help you. As all know I can mostly understand written English, but speaking is challenging for me. And I dont have any idea about grammar:-( Sorry for the English speaker:-(
    But I can promise, I will talk to you on our secret language and maybe you can give me some “Typ and misc” about “How should you use the English” 😀

Lisa

I can’t say I’ve really heard anyone ‘foreign’ and thought that his or her English was poor. It amazes me how good you all are at speaking a second language to be honest! I can ask for a ham sandwich in French and that’s about it 😀

Hungarikusz

Thanks for the positive responses guys, see (hear) you in game 🙂

And an oldie but still funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxuEBUXJ2rQ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us