Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Update 24 and update 25.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Flavia

Since the Senior Developer for U24 let the cats out of the bag….

Update 24 will be composed of 4 Quests.

3 of them are in a story arc called <i>Heart of Madness</i>.
    Yes it’s a follow up of the Madness chain ( Sane Asylum, Accute Delirium and Lord of Eyes and so on )

This Story arc will be Free for VIP, or otherwise it will cost 450 TP.
    The levels will be 18 in Heroic and 26 in Epic.

The last quest is a free quest in Forgotten Realms that ties DDO up with the ongoing Tyranny of Dragons event/saga currently developed by Wizards for D&D 5th. For LVL 16 ( Heroic ) or 30 ( Epic )

Note that LVL 30 Quests doesn’t means that the level cap will get raised to 30. They are just padding the quest count before raising it.

Update 25 will be The Temple of Elemental Evil.
    ( yes you read correctly )

Right now it’s in the very early stage of development, and here are the Flavia’s Specials about it :
    – No Homlett.
    Sorry, I tried to get Homlett, but it takes too long to develop explorer areas. So there’s going to be a teleporter somewhere that will transport you straight to the quests.
    – Yes you read correctly <i>quests</i>
    ToEE is just too big to be done in one single quest…so they have decided to cut it in parts. I don’t know how many, and since it’s early in development they might decided to go back to one single huge dungeon crawl.
    – The Temple supposedly will have both an Heroic and an Epic Difficulty.
    ( the actual Heroic level is a hot topic of discussion )

Note : anything I wrote about the Temple is probably going to change before it gets released…It’s just a snapshot of what transpires behind the scene right now.

The official thread can be found here :

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/451552-A-sneak-peek-at-Update-24%E2%80%99s-dungeons-%E2%80%A6-and-beyond

Edit : well Severlin spoiled my leak a few minutes ago…
    So what I told you for Temple hold true… except that it will be LVL 7 Heroic and 30 Epic.
    Oh the most probable locations for the Teleporter to the Temple will be the Hall of Heroes or the Tower of the Twelve. ( First option prefered by Turbine, second option prefered by the PC members) [ That’s to give a bit more in the leak domain… since I got my leak cut from under me ;D ]

Sinaefay

I really like that we will finally get some epic Xoriat quests, and also that Youlthoon seems make an attempt at a comeback. I’m also looking forward the new Cult of the Dragon quest.

I can’t comment much about TToEE as I’ve never played it, pnp or computer game.

CaT

Sounds amazing especially the TToEE (I played the PC game and also the modded “hardcore” version) and I only hope I will eventually manage to get the time to join you again. Until then take care! 🙂

Kesthell

TToEE wow. I played that as Pen and paper, as pc game, again on PC in the upgraded version done by fans.
    I liked it and sometimes I hated it, wonder how the DDO version will be.

Xutharion

Flavia, ToEE was established in Greyhawk. How will Turbine explain that? There is another “world gate”? Will ToEE be in a dimensional bauble? Or will ToEE set in another world (Eberron or FR)??

Flavia

As far as I know it will be accessed from Either the Hall of Heroes or some Teleporter NPC in The Twelve.

And yes it is officially set in Greyhawk and nowhere else.

Dragavon
    Flavia

According to insider information ( and according to Cordovan in his last Wednesday stream ) Update 24 will be put live next Wednesday. ( 10th December )

Xutharion

U25 should be Temple of Elemental Evil. As I said before, the original adventure was established in Greyhawk.

Wizards of the Coast is launching is last table top game: “The Temple of Elemental Evil”
    http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/board-games/temple-elemental-evil

Synopsis

In the Temple of Elemental Evil board game, you play as a heroic adventurer. With amazing abilities, spells and magic weapons, you must explore the dungeons beneath the Sword Coast where you will fight monsters, overcome hazards and find treasure.

I think ToEE will be moved in Forgotten Realms in DDO too… Probably this cares only to me, but for now I think we won’t see the Greyhawk setting.

Flavia

Officiously the ToEE entrance will be in the Hall of Heroes.
    Which makes it a not Eberron and not Faerun set of Quests.

But that can change, especially after the announcement from Wizard.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us