Home Forums General TWF Advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ispepxam

Hi Guildies. Time for another question from Ispep clan.

I have recently got my third toon to lvl cap and I want to TR it into a TWF build and I’m looking for suggestions (links on DDO forums?) for a good DPS build that I can take from level 1-30.

I’ll say up front that my choice of TWF is purely a flavour choice and I’m not looking for a super optimised build (although that would be nice). I just like the TWF look and feel and it’s a refreshing break from caster classes I’ve played the last few months.

I do have several melee builds already, but they are all at least two years old (some four!!) and heavily compromised based on how the game has developed since they were first planned. What I do have is a large bank collection of gear thanks to a few mules. This should see me safely through heroics and early Epic levels, depending on suggested classes / race combinations, plus a few farmed items as I progress.

Any suggestions welcome before I finalise my choices and TR.

Thanks in advance – Ispep (Jimmy)

Edit: Having spoken with a couple of guildies I think a ranger build sounds like the way I would like to go (Paladin option will come later). I had one a few years ago dual wielding and it was a lot of fun, but build is outdated now.
    I’m thinking Drow for flavour and based on Tempest tree with some Deepwood Stalker and finally Harper for KtA. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Sinaefay

Starting stats

Str 08
    Dex 18
    Con 16
    Int 12
    Wis 08 (10 if legend)
    Cha 10 (12 if hero/legend)

All level-ups in dex.

Skills

Max Heal, Search, Spot, Hide, Move Silently, UMD, Balance (will be 1 pt short from max on 2 skills, which can be hide and move silently or spot and search). Buy one rank in: jump, Swim and Tumble at level 1
    Once at level 30, you will have reached capped jump with jump spell. Tumble will be useful thanks your dex mod and the 1 pt per epic level. Swim will also get a boost from the 1 pt per epic level

I would suggest the following feats for a dex-based scimitar based drow that will allow you to have very good healing from your cure spells as well as from cocoon at epic levels.

01 Weapon Focus Slashing
    03 Dodge
    06 Toughness
    09 Improved Critical Slashing
    12 Maximise Spell
    15 Quicken Spell
    18 Precision

For epic:

21 Overwhelming Critical
    24 Empower Healing
    27 Epic Reflex
    30 Epic Damage Reduction
    30L Scion of Arborea

Epic Destiny
    26 Perfect Two-weapon Fighting
    28 Epic Spell Power: Positive
    29 Dire Charge

If you havent capped the epic destinies yet, I would suggest Toughness for the destiny feats and once level 30 with capped destinies/karma, do another epic reincarnation to pick the feats as well as get another past life.

Ispepxam

Thanks for feedback Jan. I’ll take a look at this and an INT based one I came across on the DDO Forums before I commit to anything.

I’ll probably do some higher level gear farming first before I TR based on the gear I’ve got available and some threads in this forum I’ve seen.

Cheers,
    Jimmy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us