Home Forums General Thunder forged khopesh tier1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sinaefay

Im curious on what others think would be the best ability on a tier1 thunder forged khopesh (to keep it min level 24)? Im pondering between Touch of Flames (On Hit: 10 to 60 Fire Damage) or Touch of Shadows (On Hit: 8 to 48 Negative Energy Damage). The weapon is intended to be a dps weapon for most mobs, including some with fire resistance (or even fire immunity).

Wish

I guess to make this choice you are weighing up the number of undead/constructs/DWed mobs vs the number of fire eles/deamons/devils post lvl 24. With knowing how twinked Sina is I can assume you have dedicated undead and construct weps, and DR bypassers for deamons and devils.

so lets look at mobs with DW(that could be cast on them) vs Fire resistant mobs.
    DW mobs: most, if not all drow in epic and there are 3 chains with almost exclusively Drow in them in, and I dont think plants can take negative energy dmg?
    Fire: Run up to queen(s), Fire room in pop, fire giants in gh, a handfull of fire dragons, salamanders, lava eles.

You’ll likely be done with the drow stuff before 24 so not worth tailoring it to them, plants are a pain with any wep but they are in that lvl range(iirc).

And as fire is that element that has the most stuff with resistance to it i feel that negative dmg pulls ahead, also it has the bonus of the wep taking over whatever dragon beater you have and seeing as we see a lot of red dragons in a week having a wep that works fully against them is more useful imo.

~W

Legend

If you are going to keep it at min lvl 24 then I would go fire all the time, u would then not have to switch weapons for undead and for the content you will be running the fire will be fully effective for the majority of quests.

Even if aiming for a higher lvl Khopesh I would prob go fire lvl 1 all the time, then for tier 2 Dragons Edge or Wrath of Flames and for Tier 3 the only viable options look to be Crippling Flames or Mortal Fear.

Even when hitting mobs that are highly resistant to fire this weapon will do comparable damage to dedicated weapons purely because of the higher BDR and more importantly the Weap Dice Multiplier, having it automatically bypass pretty much all dr means you can still equip against all mobs even with fire immunity apart from bosses due to longer fight, but again you will prob not lose much damage if any at all and for those Red Dragons you will have Epic Bane of Dragons anyway so would not want to swap weapons.

Everyone with a melee should really be looking to replace most weapons with these crafted as the BDR is a lot higher than all but the most high end named weapons (ie ESOS) and the weapon dice multiplier can be up to twice that of most high end weapons! ie, very very effective.

Sinaefay

Thanks both for input and yes, this is for Sin and for TR lives atm. Im in no rush to craft yet, as I have one more iconic life before Im using peshes again. I was actually leaning towards Touch of Flames already, but I was unsure of how viable and useful the negative dmg is, hence why I wanted some further feedback.

Once Im done with the TRs, I will go for Dragon’s edge on tier2 (especially if I go for a shadow dragon robe) and for tier3 Mortal Fear. When I craft a 2nd pesh, I will probably take a cc ability for tier2, unless they have all been proven useless. Tier3 on 2nd pesh would most likely be Draconic reinvigoration (+1 boost, chance to regen boosts), unless something else is much more interesting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us