Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Ranger TWF Gear

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grugno

Hi guys, I’m currently playing pure ranger. TWF Dex based, Tempest capstone, 31 ap in DWS, human damage boost, Divine Crusader.

I have so much doubts regarding gear…

I’m using scimitars. I know… khopesh 13-20×4 is better than scimitar 11-20×3.
    To narrow the gap I’m planning to upgrade both scimitars (1st Degree Burns, Dragon’s Edge – Touch of Flames, Dragon’s Edge) with crippling flames – burning all my phlogs XD
    I’ve done some calculations, and two T3 crippling flames are better dps than TF scimitar + TOEE scimitar (+20 melee power).

Gear @28

Helm – Sightless (True Seeing, Deathblock VII, Ranged Power +6, Melee Power +6, Sheltering +35, Constitution +12, Green Augment Slot, Blue Augment Slot)
    Goggles – ?
    Necklace – Pendant of Quiet Movements (Lesser Displacement, Dodge +11%, Insightful Will Save +2, Seeker XII, Yellow Augment Slot)
    Trinket – Epic Litany of the Dead (Turn the Page 5/day, Litany of the Dead II – Ability Bonus, Taint of Evil, Litany of the Dead II – Combat Bonus, Light of Dawn, Blue, Green)
    Armor – Shadow Killer (Shadow Phase 3/day, +11 Enhancement Bonus, Deathblock, Fortification 130%, Ghostly, Blue Augment Slot, From The Shadows, +2d6 profane sneak, +1 profane Reflex)
    Cloak – Mysterious Cloak (Healing Amplification: +45 Exceptional Bonus, Magical Resistance: +25 Insight, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot)
    Bracers – Steady Handed Armbands (Attack Bonus +4, Exceptional Seeker +5, Yellow Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot)
    Gloves – Sanctified Gages (Use Magical Device +5, Scorching Sun, Deadly XI, Greater Dispelling Guard, Extra Smites)
    Belt – Battlerager’s Harness (Intimidate +20, Spiked, Raging Focus, Vengeful Fury, Spike Guard, Green Augment Slot)
    Ring – Strange Tidings (Dexterity +12, Deception VIII, Use Magical Device +7, Diversion 20%, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot)
    Ring – Circle of Malevolence (Improved Harm, Intimidate +25, Resistance +12, Incite +45%, Vitality +40, Insightful Sheltering +5, Yellow, Green)
    Boots – Epic Ship Kickers (Insightful Dexterity +4, Riposte X, Balance +20, Yellow Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot)
    Weapon T3 Scimitar
    Weapon T3 Scimitar

Some missing things to be considered: Speed XV item and competence healing amp item
    I can take Haste as lvl 27 feat, but I love Epic Reflexes…
    I can swap:
    – Mysterious cloak for Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf (Seeker +5)
    – Steady Handed Armbands for Convalescent of Parrying – I don’t have Greater Convalescent :”(
    – Epic Ship Kickers for Boots of Blessed Travels (Speed XV)

Any idea about goggles? Intricate field optics for Spot+20 and some Intelligence? Epic Glimpse of the soul?
    Epic Mentau, reducing seeker from 17 to 12?
    With Mentau goggles I can swap Pendant of Quiet Movements for Shroud of Ardent (+60 hamp, 20% displacement) and Steady Handed Armbands with Convalescent bracers of Parrying…

Having so much doubts… XD

Sinaefay

I would say Epic Glimpse for goggles, as they will boost your will save significantly. If not bothered much about will save, I’d say go for Epic Mentau’s.

Do you find it necessary to have epic reflexes even with imp evasion? Or didnt you take Evasive Dance?

Grugno

I didn’t take Evasive Dance… Ap are very tight and I’ve invested some in Harper for KtA.

Grugno

Some considerations… If the balance change goes live, scimitar will equal the khopesh profile (13-20/x3 in DC vs 15-20 x4).
    Anyway, great dps reduction.
    Also Crippling flames/Burning emptiness will suffer… and mortal fear will be even more powerful.

Lisa

It’s a real shame there aren’t more sources of Exceptional Seeker, I had the same problem when planning my monk gear

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us