Home Forums General QtLauncher Error: Bad image – Gui4.dll not supported on Windows error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Erundar

Following the last update (4th Oct), my launcher started getting the above error (launching both from Steam and natively). It seems that the move to installing within the StandingStoneGames folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames) left the old Turbine folder and install in place. A complete re-install didn’t fix the issue.

Initially, I fixed this by moving the Turbine folder and contents to a temp location (still on C: drive); however, when later I tidied up by deleting the temp folder, the error returned. Hence the full fix was to uninstall DDO and then manually remove (delete) the Turbine and StandingStoneGames folders from the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, followed by a complete re-install.

Lisa

I got an error too but a different one. I ran the evoker as admin and it fixed it but took an hour to patch. By the time it was done I couldn’t be bothered logging on to play

Flavia

I Didn’t get any error…
    But I’m not using the Standard Launcher.
    Pylotro hasn’t moved anything around. ( everything is still in $Program Files(x86)/Turbine/DDO Unlimited where I put it )

It’s interesting to know that the install directory is moving.

Jeek

can add that the last update broke linux/wine compatibility when running as win7, but is fine as winxp. Standard launcher, not sure what they changed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us