Home Forums General Pimp The Kender

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Flavia

I know Blacklock is not the best person when it comes to keeping items…
    after all he’s a Kender, and keeps loosing and finding things.

Anyway, since there’s massive amounts of damages and stuff, and that there’s about no chance things get changed…

Here is his actual gear set-up, all the comments are welcome and all the suggestions will be looked at.

Head : Sightless ( Heavy Fort and Natural Armor +8 Augments )
    Neck : Dark Diversion ( False Life +40 and Insightful Dex +2 Augments )
    Trinket : Epic Litany ( Exceptional Dexterity +1 Augment )
    Cloak : Intelligence +8, +225 SPs
    Belt : Braided Beards ( Festive Int +2 )
    Ring 1 : Fortification 110, Dodge +8
    Gloves : Cannith Crafted Strength +15 Insightful Disable Device +11
    Boots : Cannith Boots of Propulsion
    Ring 2 : Strange Tidings
    Bracers : Legendary Magewright Toolkit
    Armor : Leather of the Celestial Archer ( Defense + 12 Augment )
    Goggles : Vision of Precision

Have fun throwing things away most of his items and telling him what he should look for….

Lisa

That gear is shocking for a non-casual player, you must have better than that?!

Flavia

Maybe, but it didn’t fit ( meaning I had to shuffle too much stuff around ) that It’s taking dust in the bank.

That’s why I’m seeking advices…
    I know it can be improved on. It managed to drag me more or less until now, but I see that it’s definitely not cutting it in the new raid ( despite the energy sheath ).

Dragavon

Oooooh, lots of things to do here 🙂

First off, you have fortification in 3 places that does not stack, so it is a waste. Your armour have 159% fortification and 38 sheltering (PRR and MRR), the defence +12 augment in the armour, the heavy fort augment in the helmet and the 110 fortification on ring does not add anything.

Keep the armour and perhaps the Litany. Everything else should go 🙂

Here is a list of Dragavon’s items:

Helmet: Legendary executioners helmet, Sapphire of good luck +2 augment.

Neck: Epic golden guile, deathblock augment as I use it from lvl 20. Swapping in Silver flame talisman when facing nasty beholders.

Trinket: Crafted trinket with devotion 159, true seeing and insightful spot +11. Swapping in electricty resistance / absorption in the new raid.

Cloak: Level 21 Mysterious cloak, +2 insightful constitution and sapphire of protection +7 augments.

Belt: Legendary animated rope, Sapphire of false life +40.

Ring 1: Slavers crafted ring with intelligence +17, quality intelligence +4, resistance +14 and stunning +20. Diamond of festive intelligence +2 augment.

Ring 2: Legendary ring of prowess. Globe of true imperial blood augment.

Gloves: Crafted gloves with doublestrike +17, healing amplification +61 and insightful stunning +8. Dexterity +8 and hide +15 augments.
    Swapping in LGS gloves with +39 to int skills for search and disable.

Boots: Boots of blessed travels. Topaz of fear immunity and diamond of balance +15 augments.

Bracers: Crafted bracers with constitution +15, strenght +15 and insightful fortification +79. Diamond of vitality +20 and topaz of power 250 augments.

Armour: Leathers of the celestial avenger. Sapphire of natural armour +8 and Sapphire of armoured agility +2 augments.

Sthax

Hey flav

What’s blacklock’s training. What are you aiming for?
    Did you go dex or int. Mechanic or assassin. Vorpal or straight up dps.etc

Sinaefay

I would suggest the following:

Head : Legendary Executioner’s Helm: Insightful Deception +7/11, Relentless Fury, Seeker 17, Quality Combat Mastery +4, Green Augment Slot

Neck : Dark Diversion (Necklace): Occultation, Assassination +4, Move Silently +20, Hide +20, Colorless Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot

Trinket : Epic Litany ( Exceptional Dexterity +1 Augment )

Cloak : Mysterious Cloak – Healing Amplification: +45, MRR: +25 Insight, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot

Belt : Legendary Animated Rope – Diversion 28%, Sneak Attack Bonus +14, Dodge +17%, Combat Mastery +14, Green Augment Slot

Ring 1 : Cannith Crafted +15 Con, False Life +61, Insightful Con +7

Gloves : Cannith Crafted Dexterity +15; Healing Amplification 61, Insightful Dexterity 7

Boots : Boots of Blessed Travels – Dodge +12%, Quality Armor Mastery +2, Speed XV, Freedom of Movement, Insightful Reflex Save +3, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot

Ring 2 : Ring of Prowess – (Ring) – Melee Power +2, Ranged Power +2, Deadly +7, Accuracy 14, Green Augment Slot

Bracers : Legendary Magewright’s Toolkit – Use Magic Device +7, Disable Device +22, Open Lock +22, Quality Dexterity +4, Green Augment Slot

Armor : Leathers of the Celestial Archer – +13 Enhancement Bonus, Fortification +159%, Distant Diversion 22%, Speed XV, Sheltering +38, Parrying +7, Blurry, Deathblock IX, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot

Goggles : Cannith Crafted: Wisdom 15, Spot 22, True Sight
    Goggle swap item: Intelligence 15, Insightful Disable Device 11 (even though I know you don’t like swap items)

Legend

This explains a lot :-0

Like Sthax stated u need to give more info on your build, dex or int build, is assassin important or r u more ranged mechanic, do you have any dc attacks etc… few must items up there, some I would not rate are Dark Diversion and Animated rope.

Must haves to begin with are:

Executioners Helm
    Ring of Prowess
    Magewrights

Armor options:
    Celestial Avenger or Sage gives you other options.
    If want max dps then go for Shadowscale

Other items to look at but will have to work out combinations, took me a while on my rogue mechanic and I haven’t even crafted anything yet but will list his later.

Epic Golden Guile or EE Backstabbers are a v good option.
    Boots of Blessed Travels
    Mysterious cloak or bracers
    Can get away with strange tidings if an Int build or go for a slavers crafted.

Then you need to look at Cannith and Slavers crafting, could lose the Litany if need to.

And stop duplicating abilities 🙂

I presume your weapons are useful!

Proposed setup for Vambraan Mechanic, my notes are a bit of a mess so might not have been final.

Helm: Executioners
    Neck: Slavelords +17 Int, resist, +22 Hide, +4 Int
    Trinket: Cannith +15 Dex, Heal Amp, ins Phys Shelter
    Cloak: Mysterious
    Belt: +15 Con, Armor Piercing or Ins Hide depending on weapon used, Insightful Con+7
    Gloves: Backstabbers ee
    Boots: Blessed Travels
    Ring 1: Ring of Power
    Ring 2: Slavelords Sheltering or False Life depending on armor, Deception, +22 Search, Qty PRR
    Bracers: Magewrights
    Armor: Leathers of Celest Avenger or Thunder Shadow with sneak.
    Goggles: Cannith Wis +15, TS, Insight Int

Augment Slots: Draconic, false Life, Good Luck, +15 spot, Blindness Imm, Fear Imm, Golem if can fit in.
    Devotion on weapon

Flavia

well lets say Blackie is a Dex Mechanic,he’s a dual wielder damage dealer so not really ranged oriented, but he can do some ranged ( shortbow ).

Weapons are LGS for the rapiers : one is Triple Pos, I need to check the other one, but I think it’s Positive/Fire. I also have Thunder forged rapiers and some Pain in the Navel Shortsword/whatever combo for Velah pilars ( since they resist rapiers ).

Bows are more random as they are not the main weapons, but I have the Pain in the Navel shortbow.

Legend

oh dear, a mechanic in itself is a ranged specced enhancement route, what you are doing is like having a ranger tempest use a 2 handed sword unless I am missing something key to the build.

If you want melee u should respec to an assassin, a lot more damage too, it is currently not a high damage dealer!

I would go Int based with some harper enhancements, one of new quests has best assassinate item, u then want to cannith craft a +3 insight, get some stunning into the build and also take dire charge for cc, then use shadowdancer destiny

U would need to lesser tr to spec out correctly and gear is outdated anyway.

Either that or use a ranged weapon!

Sinaefay

If you want to stay mechanic, get some crossbows. Nechanics gets their proficiencies from the core abilities of the mechanic tree (great crossbow at level 1, light crossbow at level 3, and heavy crossbow at level 6.

Great crossbow is popular as you can get very high attack speed with it, and a great crit profile.

If you prefer melee, then focusing more on assassin is good.

Sthax

I hear allot of people talking about this xbow.

http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Divine_Artillery

Never really play rogues. Might be good to check out assassin tree to get you dmg going. I bet diversion items are a must to get your sneak on. Imp and normal stack to give you two checks on hit. With a high attack speed it’s not too lang before it procs. Worked like a charm on my wolf/rogue.

Flavia

Just to make sure everybody understand : Blackie is a Kender, basically a flavor build, there’s no point in trying to make him an crossbow wielding mechanic ( I have Eraenae for that ) or to make him an assassin ( I have Tenalafel for that ).
    He is as is and will stay as is when it comes to character build, that is a Dex ( and Int ) dual rapier wielding mechanic.
    The reason of the thread was not to discuss the build, but the gear.

Anyway, I’ve started to work on things based on what Dag and Jan wrote.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us