Home Forums Crafting Forum Phlogiston Wishlists

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Legend

As per raid post I am suggesting people post what they require/will put for roll to reduce crafting materials in inventory that will never be used, this will also ensure that those people that put materials up for roll are the ones that deserve to roll for others.
    Trading between runs should also be encouraged so you can get 2 for one toon from running 2 alts.
    And of course if you require both types of Phlog then loot and roll as long as will use.
    Will update below accordingly, just have to update with mains that run Raids.

Update: Those listed below have opted in and will roll for/give up Phlogs listed as per requirements, am sure individuals can remember what they require on which alts.

Legend
    Jan
    Clar
    Wish

Legend

Azzriim – Require Fire, Shadow for trade
    Graythe – Require non, Shadow for trade, Fire for allocation
    Phaurane – Require shadow, Fire for allocation
    Gwydrea – Require shadow and Fire
    Legend – Require shadow, Fire for allocation
    Sarric – Require shadow, Fire for allocation
    Legendkeep – Require Fire, Shadow for trade

Sinaefay

Priority raiders
    Tarlhyn – Wants Fire, Shadow for roll.
    Sinaefay – Wants Shadow and Fire (low numbers atm)

Low Priority raiders
    Hruukra – Wants Fire, Shadow for roll.
    Lithandra – Wants Fire, Shadow for roll.

To be active raiders
    Nalfey – After shadow and fire.
    Dentharr – To be decided
    Darramestra – To be decided
    Beldras – Wants Shadow, Fire for roll.

Clarice

Will update as I know more work out what I want etc

Claramity – both
    Clarill – Shadow wanted fire for roll/trade
    Clarmydia – tbd
    Clar – tbd
    Clarice – Fire wanted shadow for roll/trade

Lisa

I’m not sure it’s a good idea to be this strict about it. Not everyone plans that far ahead with any or all of their characters. I was kind of rushed into making the decision to just go for shadow on Khalelle but there’s actually a very nice fire weapon too that I might have wanted down the line, but I’ve been giving up my fire phlogs since you asked, with the exception of one raid when I forgot.

I think I’m only after shadow on Lyriss but I’m not flagged for fire on her anyway.

I will want fire on Vilyria but she’s not flagged for either. Other than that, I haven’t planned anything else.

Legend

Hi Khell

Due to the limited number of options at tier 3 it should be a fairly easy decision as to what to go for, for people with a lot of alts such as myself, Jan and Clar and the volume of ingredients required such as ingots it makes more sense for us to plan for just 1 tier 3 weapon for each at the moment as when we have it we are more than likely going to run other alts or 2 weapons if can use a fire and shadow.
    Casters are very easy to plan ahead for due to obvious element to get the crit on.
    With regards to your toons as you run your intim 90% of the time 2 separate swords make sense, 1 with shadow, 1 with fire, it should not take you long to get those fire phlogs back up and you will have the ingots etc… for both.
    The intention was not to rush anyone into a decision to have one or the other, it was to ensure people had a better idea of what they wanted to craft, a quick look at Wiki should make them decide.
    For example: I have a lot of Fire Phlogs on Graythe that I will more than likely never use as Ingots and scales will be allocated to other toons, in hindsight I would have preferred to put these up for roll within guild, now we have run the raids quite a bit and wiki set’s out the crafting I can comfortably give these away, I would feel less comfortable giving these away if the people rolling had no plan at all and were winning rolls for items they may potentially never use.

Wish

Kar: Shadow
    Ae: Shadow, shadow
    Vyra: Fire, Fire
    Wish: Fire

Rest will be fore roll.

Argante

Sarlinna needs Shadow
    Loholt needs Shadow

Any fire phlogs I get always go up for roll. It would be nice to see some shadow phlogs up for roll now and again.

Lisa

Leg

I have 13 ‘live’ toons…

<Casters are very easy to plan ahead for due to obvious element to get the crit on>
    Not really, I’m cold at the moment and with the growing number of skeletal undead in raids and now with Epic Orchard on the horizon, I’ve been considering changing but I haven’t decided what element to change to yet.

<With regards to your toons as you run your intim 90% of the time>
    I play her because she seemed to be needed, I’ll be on my 20th Fire tomorrow so will likely want to play with someone else for a while.

<The intention was not to rush anyone into a decision to have one or the other, it was to ensure people had a better idea of what they wanted to craft, a quick look at Wiki should make them decide.>
    Some people like to mull things over, get others’ opinions of the effects they are considering, etc.

<I have a lot of Fire Phlogs on Graythe that I will more than likely never use…>
    I agree with asking people to try to decide but forcing it by not letting people roll if they don’t give up something seems a bit harsh.

Legend

I don’t want to make this into an issue for anyone, if you dont like the method then don’t be involved with it, it is really that simple.

But I feel I have to respond to some of the points above perhaps to better clarify/justify why this is being done.

Point 1 – I still stand by casters being very easy, I have a sorc that is cold specced so with quests/raids with undead I adapt and go sharadi and spam the missiles, Cold spells still very effctive on other mobs, if you are undecided then by all means loot the Phlogs you may potentially never use, there are also other obvious options here depending on build and if want option of 2 x 1 handers or a 2 hander, but this also depends on other elements within build and items, you would lose very little crit chance modifier and would free up other alts for specific runs.

Point 2 – People bring what they want, there are others that will always fill the gap accordingly as you are with an intim, or we change tactics to adapt to group build or even difficulty, it is of course appreciated that you bring your intim as one is definately required for the EH runs, but for EN I dont care what people bring, I don’t believe it is or should be the case you feel you are forced to bring your intim! hence after the 20 runs you will be swapping.

Point 3 – At the end of the day there are not that may tier 3 abilities listed and even less in the list that are really viable, especially for melees, I originally suggested this a few weeks ago, plenty of time to decide/get feedback/opinions.

Point 4 – Where am I stating that anyone should be forced to give something up for roll to be able to roll for something, I am asking that people have a plan so they do not roll for items they will more than likely never use, hence I have stated multiple times if you require both then loot both and roll for both, there will more than likely be times in the future when you have all you need on alts run anyway so you can then put up for roll if you just need completions or named.

If you feel forced and undecided then it’s simple just loot everything that drops for you and opt out of rolling for other peoples that post here, this is being done for exactly the same reasons that Legends of Ancient Greece and the Spellswords had this for the Alchemical weapons, those that stated what they required got to roll (this worked very well and people were not even given a choice, it was state or don’t run), for people undecided not rolling is the preferred option instead of them rolling because they might do this or that or have not even looked at the abilities listed.

The whole point of having this system is not just to help those that are willing to help others but to reduce the amount of Phlogs rotting in peoples inventories.
    This is the reason why everyone else who has posted here has not questioned the method as the result clearly benefits all involved.

At the moment it is really only the Fire Phlogs that will be for roll anyway due to listed abils and what alts people are bringing, what I have stated and encouarge is that those that do not require shadow trade with someone else so they receive 2 the next run on a relevant alt so it will and really should be rare for a Shadow Phlog to be put up for roll.

Argante

As more people require shadow phlogs than fire phlogs the trading scenario you outlined above seems a bit selfish. It’s ok if you’re the one getting the shadow phlog and trading your fire phlogs but everyone else just gives up their fire phlogs for free with no chance of getting an extra shadow. A much fairer method would be to put them up for roll like everything else.

Argante

*I agree with asking people to try to decide but forcing it by not letting people roll if they don’t give up something seems a bit harsh.*

Rolling for something that you might, maybe, possibly use against someone who will definitely use it also seems a bit selfish and easily rectified by deciding what it is that you will use.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us