Home Forums Creative Corner Monkcher gear layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Legend

Hi

Am equipping my monkcher at the mo and would like any input on tweaking, he will be Wis based with mainly Para arrows so enchantment dc important, am aiming to fit in Silent Avenger set and 5 piece slavers sorc set for dc, am having to compromise on a few bits of equipment at mo though, obviously want to maximise enchant dc but not go all out at the expense of dps.

Gear idea at mo is:

Helm: Leg Executioners w/slavers sorc, Seeker +17, Ins Decept +7
    Neck: Legend Kindred Pendant, +19 Char, enchant +8, Ins Enchant +4
    Trinket: Symbol of Slave Lords, +8 Ins Con, True Seeing, Lesser Displ
    Cloak: Legend Shadowhail (silent avenger), Hide 22, MS 22, Dec +16, Ghostly
    Belt: Braided Cutcord (silent Avenger), Qty Dodge 4%, Blurry, Dex +19, Qty Dex +4
    Boots: Blessed Travels, FOM, Dodge +12%
    Gloves: Cannith, Impulse 159, Heal Amp of Ins Dex +7
    Armor: Desciple of Dawn (silent avenger), Fort 202%, Parry +9, Phys Shelt 50%, Pro well rounded +2
    Goggles: Van Rich Specs: Dex+20, DS +12%, Mag Shelt 52%, reflex +16
    Ring 1: Slavers, +17 Wis, Armor Pierc, UMD +7, Qty Wis +4
    Ring 2: Slavers, +17 Con, Deadly, Heal +22, Qty Con +4
    Bracers: Slavers, FL +68, Accurancy, Hamstring, Qty PRR +11

Can’t see how to fit in some of below:
    Resist for Will and Fort (prob use +8 augment)
    +7 Insight Wis (+3/4 dc)
    Devotion
    Ring of Prowess

Any ideas on other gear or changes welcome.

catgov

In a train at the moment. At a glance the only option you have for insightful wisdom is a GS bow or compromise by using only a +2 augment. Keep in mind, you can use the raid bow’s freezing arrow clickie with other bows. Freezing from GS combined with that might be awesome.
    I suggest you consider the p1 slavers named ring for +2 quality DC, get wis somewhere else, bit rough as cloak will be required for avenger. Maybe drop Fl on slavers for wis and use an augment?
    Devotion is easy, slot an augment in a secondary bow or use the potency bracers from black and blue as a swap in. Maybe new devotion trinket from raids might work as a swap in too.

Hardest thing to fit will be dodge which at the moment seems to limit my characters greatly. I suggest you take other boots in consideration. Either new boots for fom, move the GS from the ring slot to boots or cannith for dodge.

Resist might most likely be an augment.

You will be slot starved to maximize both roles. I think you should consider making two sets of gear. One for dc and one for boss dps and swap around.

Hope this helps.

Legend

Thanks Cat, some good points, have changed to reflect most.
    New gear layout below

Helm: Leg Executioners w/slavers sorc, Seeker +17, Ins Decept +7
    Neck: Legend Kindred Pendant, +19 Char, enchant +8, Ins Enchant +4
    Trinket: Symbol of Slave Lords, +8 Ins Con, True Seeing, Lesser Displ
    Cloak: Legend Shadowhail (silent avenger), Hide 22, MS 22, Dec +16, Ghostly
    Belt: Braided Cutcord (silent Avenger), Qty Dodge 4%, Blurry, Dex +19, Qty Dex +4
    Boots: Shadows Footsteps, Dex +19, Doubleshot 12%, Ins Dodge: 9%
    Gloves: Cannith, Impulse 159, Heal Amp of Ins Dex +7
    Armor: Desciple of Dawn (silent avenger), Fort 202%, Parry +9, Phys Shelt 50%, Pro well rounded +2
    Goggles: CC, Accuracy, +7 Ins Wis
    Ring 1: Slavers, +17 Wis, Armor Pierc, UMD +7, Qty Wis +4
    Bracers: Slavers, +17 Con, Deadly, Hamstring, Qty Con +4
    Ring 2: Spinneret w/slavers sorc

Get the dc higher with Ins Wis and Spinner, Dodge will be fine too, only things seem to be missing are resist (have to be +8 augment) and MRR (reflex should be high enough though).

I don’t like swapping lots of gear (only weapons) for situational, want to use new raid bow as sentient weapon too, shame can’t make LGS sentient.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us