Home Forums General Hullo!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sirac

A big HULLOOOOoooo to any that remember me.

Dual reason for popping by, firstly I was avoiding work and browsing the site, and saw Flavia’s memories thread. Really loved seeing some of those old piccies, so wanted to say a big thanks for the nostalgia trip! The Spellsword auction especially was awesome, right up there with my best online gaming memories. 🙂

And secondly, I remember quite a few stalwarts of old style single player CRPGs from here. Baldurs Gate, Planescape Torment and the like. For those of that ilk, thought I’d nudge any who havent heard about it to go check this out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity

Basically a chance to donate now to get a brand new game from some of the developers responsible for the best single player games Ive ever played. Spread the word, although they’ve already hugely exceeded the funds needed so the game definitely coming anyway, but still nice to get in at the start.

Anyway, hope all good with you guys, and keep on looting! 😛

Sirac

PS May as well scrub the swtor sister guild link. Guild dead, game just didnt have the longevity, and made stupid decisions. Next, and probably last stop MMO wise for Sol and I will be Neverwinter. Both very tired of the MMO model of get to end game and grind. Hoping Neverwinter, with huge amounts of player created content, might work well for us, otherwise really not sure can see us investing time in an MMO again. If any of you guys do give Neverwinter a try and create the Spellswords, or another guild there, give us a shout. Dont have the RL time for guild leadership anymore, but would definitely come join you guys. Byeee, til next time I come visit for some nostalgia anyway!!! 🙂  

Flavia

Hello Boss.

I haven’t finished posting, so you’ll have to come back for more…  😀

I’m worried about Neverwinter ( 4th Ed and all ), and I’m not sure it’s going to deliver what it’s promising. ( Been there done that got the scars with NWN2… No Linux server, No Database interface, crappy server software that crashed when you looked at it and couldn’t handle 20+ players, stupidly complex development environment compared to Aurora )

I’ll probably have a look at it when the time is right, like I did to SWTOR.
    ( went back to DDO full time due to lack of real gaming content beside PvP, too fast leveling and then just PvP and ops… and after leveling two characters I just couldn’t deal with repeating the fed-ex and kill X mob for the third time. )

Sirac

Hey Flav,

Will definitely check back then. 🙂

And yea NWN2 was such a letdown after the original. tbh Neverwinter wasnt really on my radar at all, I’d written it off cos of the 4th edition thing, and trading off of the Forgotten realms, didnt expect much from it.

But it’s won best at show for several of the biggest cons, and getting rave feedback. Including for the “forge”, the player creation tool. Will be totally different to NWN, no chance for PW’s and the like, but still enough to at least interest me now. So will be giving it a try for sure.

And yea Sol and I ditched SWTOR couple of months or more ago. Been playing Secret World a bit, great story but same old MMO problems, can see that not lasting.

Cheers,

Sirac

Gwylan

Hi Guys,

Good to hear from you Sirac. I’ll have to give Neverwinter a go – i haven’t been following the release so i actually didnt know it was finally out after hearing some 2 years ago that it was in development!

I’ll post back here when i get my ducks in a row! Cheers for now.

Sylvir

Sirac

Hey Sylv! 🙂

Afraid Neverwinter not out yet. Sorry if misleading above, doesnt come out til end of year supposedly…wouldnt be at all surprised if more like early 2013.

Cheers,

Sirac

Gwylan

Ah! not to worry – we’ll be around and communicating when it does go live, or near enough:)

Until then though best wishes to you and your ladies!

Sham and Sylv.

Vik

Sean has 2 wives? wow respect brother

nah know he has a daughter

best wishes to Jane matey

Vik

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us